TiER1 Performance Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Greg Harmeyer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Anonymous"

Pros

Great place to work! Great people and great culture!

Cons

No cons for TiER1 Performance Solutions

2. "Great company!"

I worked at TiER1 Performance Solutions full-time

Pros

Collaborative, open to new ideas

Cons

There are none at this time.

3. "Great people"

Pros

I really enjoyed working at TiER1. TiER1ers live the TiER1 core values which include fun and high performance. You'll stay busy and enjoy things like a monthly pulse meeting where you'll hear from the CEO and other management. The management is awesome. This company truly cares about people.

Cons

The amazing energy of the TiER1 office can be hard to feel if you're working remotely. However, the use of Yammer does help.

4. "TiER1 Performance Solutions review"

Pros

I love working at TiER1 Performance Solutions!

Cons

I really don't have any cons at this time.

5. "High Performance/High Energy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at TiER1 Performance Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Open collaborative culture
    Great opportunity to do meaningful client work
    Company that truly lives their values

Cons

You need to be your own advocate or you might get lost
    If you like lots of structure and clearly defined roles/responsibilities you may struggle

Advice to Management

Although very open to employees owning their careers, there is often slow action to enable growth due to competing priorities on the client side. We need to be more intentional about development.

6. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at TiER1 Performance Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! First and foremost, I love working with such smart, talented and creative people. There is a lot of passion in delivering highly effective solutions to clients and exceeding their expectation. To be successful, you must be up for a challenge, enjoy the fast pace, be willing to flex with the busy times and be able to find clarity in the complex. I couldn't be more proud to work here.

Cons

If you're someone who likes a lot of structure, finds comfort in the predictable and needs constant affirmation this is not the right place for you.

7. "Like no other company I've ever worked (totally awesome)"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

Pros

TiER1 is the best company I've ever worked for. The three founders are the best people on earth - kind and giving. They constantly surprise employees with rewards and recognition, and have had a significant positive impact on my whole life. I'm respected, paid very well, I receive regular and significant bonuses and my efforts are recognized quite regularly.

TiER1 hires the best people, and they constantly teach me and encourage me and help me develop. I am a better consultant because I work at TiER1, a better leader, and most importantly, I'm a better person.

TiER1 is very service-minded, offering scholarships for time off to do volunteer work. Leadership also encourages community involvement, and actively enables employees to do volunteer work, serve on boards, attend community events and more. The organization believes in giving back to our regional communities where we live and work. Our owners inspire me to be an active, contributing and kind member of our community, which is yet another way that they help my personal growth and development.

I am who I am because TiER1 provides such a great environment, place to work and support of its people. The entire leadership team puts our people first - no matter what.

Cons

You need to be a highly motivated high performer. If you need someone to lay out your tasks for you on a regular basis, drive your development for you, require strong oversight or like very defined hierarchical reporting structures, you likely won't thrive at TiER1.

If you want to contribute to the culture, demonstrate initiative, have a positive outlook on life and assume positive intent, you'll love TiER1.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've never had more positive, impactful leaders, mentors and role models. You all are amazing, and I can't imagine working anywhere else. LOVE YOU, TiER1!!

8. "Great culture, fantastic leadership, amazing clients"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at TiER1 Performance Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TiER1 Performance Solutions was founded by three core individuals (Greg, Norm and Kevin) and even though this core group has varying degrees of interaction with the company today their entrepreneurial spirit carries over to current employee base. This company has a very supportive culture and is focused on helping people do their best work. That may mean offering coaching, providing employees with growth opportunities or taking risks which at times means 'failing forward' - we often learn more from our mistakes that from our successes.

TiER1 is growing rapidly to meet a healthy pipeline of client demand. With that comes the need to evaluate and update internal processes that may have become outdated or are unable to sustain the growth trajectory. The leadership team is very proactive in making core infrastructure changes (operating model, HR practices, core technology) to support the growth required to be successful. Great work to all who make TiER1 a great place to work!

Cons

As with most small/medium sized companies who are growing rapidly, there comes some ambiguity that may make some people uncomfortable. Employees who thrive at TiER1 are focused on finding solutions instead of being limited by problems. It's safe to say that this isn't the right environment for everybody. It takes someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and doesn't shy from challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the boundaries and challenging current processes.

"Great place to work!"

Pros

Excellent career opportunities. A wonderful environment. Great coworkers.

Cons

As with all consulting, there are slow periods.

10. "Best Place to Work? Hell Yes!"

I have been working at TiER1 Performance Solutions full-time

Pros

Great leaders that are totally transparent about strategy, financials and everything else that matters. Incredibly smart people that are thought leaders in their fields. Flexible, collegial work environment. Blue chip clients like P&G, FedEx, Macys, USAF, Delta etc.

Cons

A great place to work - but a very difficult place to start working. The first 6 months can be very difficult, particularly for recent college grads or less experienced consultants.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It works.