Transcom WorldWide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Johan Eriksson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They Promote quickly, best part its work from home (in 25 reviews)

• Very friendly environment and welcomes every person regardless of age nationality and religion (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No paid time off, no paid vacations, no sick leave (in 7 reviews)

• Low pay compared to what Apple actually pays their work at home advisors (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Entry Level"

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time

Pros

They Promote quickly, best part its work from home.

Cons

Management and scheduling are based on shift bidding.

Advice to Management

2. "Beware of Transcom in San Antonio"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good job to get your foot in the door, and that's about it.

Cons

Lack of promotions, bonus structure is not logged ( they can say you never sold things) too much politic/best friend treatment

"Love it"

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime is always offered

Cons

the management can suck and be really lazy at times

Advice to Management

do more work

4. "At home AppleCare Advisor"

Former Employee - Applecare At Home Advisor
    Former Employee - Applecare At Home Advisor

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-15 minute breaks as apposed to 10 min like their competitors
    -I had a great Trainer and awesome coworkers
    -Plenty of resources to help you learn along the way
    -Okay pay if you've been use to the $9 rate of other work at home comapnies

Cons

-Team lead cared way too much about Stats and perfection even though she has only been a TL for 6 months. TL also expects new employees to perform at the level of tenured advisors. Team lead was nice but seemed pressured from upper management.
    -Low pay compared to what Apple actually pays their work at home advisors
    -A difficult job that requires more than three weeks of training
    -Training was primarily focused more on customer types than actual knowledge
    -Some Tier 2 agents were extremely rude and lazy...
    -Extreme monitoring and micro managing that would drive anyone crazy
    -Metrics very difficult to meet even if you have an 100% CSAT score
    -You must work on holidays if not you get double attendance points for taking the day off.
    -Shift bids

Advice to Management

-Please improve the quality of your training. Give your new employees time to adjust to the job before demanding that they meet the metrics.
    -Ease up on the constant monitoring and micro managing
    -Eliminate the points system for attendance and give employees a bucket of hours instead.
    -Establish better communication with upper management and employees
    -I was basically pressured into resigning from my position because my team lead would not even give me the time to adjust to the position and I was accused of call avoidance despite reporting legitimate tech issues. The TL and her manager railroaded me in a supposed "one on one" meeting and threatened me with termination. I really hope no one else goes through this experience.

5. "Expected more from such a reputable, versatile and large company."

Former Employee - Tech Advisor
    Former Employee - Tech Advisor

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro was I was trained and worked from home. For this particular assignment they sent a mac computer and the phone to use.

Cons

The training concentrated on customer service skills which were a requirement to even apply for the job instead of what information was needed to resolve customer calls. They did provide resources but they were in a variety of areas and some even provided the wrong resolution. The calls were rushed in order to maintain contracted agreement between Transcom and client. I expressed over and over to everyone my doubt in ability to fully satisfy customers and genuine dislike for this particular assignment as well as desire to be transferred to a client requiring support within fields I have education and years of experience for. The recruiter that hired me, the human resource dept that sent my new hire paperwork, the trainer, the trainer assistant, the client and company head administration never responded to my emails or calls. Ignoring my request although they bragged on the number and different types of clients they represent and their dedication to employees. Even posting surveys on the facebook page asking what they can do in order for employees to stay working with the company, which is the last place I stated my request to no avail. Really disappointing, misleading and lacking in employee concern. Guess they have enough and really aren't worried about turnover. Or they wanted fast calls without resolutions just for client contract sake and didn't care how bad customer service will affect the clients reputation and bottom line. My bad, I believe in Excellent Customer Service.

Advice to Management

Just as an employee should be dedicated to the company so should the company to the employee. There are a variety of campaign types which require all aspects of customer support so Transcom should concentrate on utilizing an employees particular skill set and experience in order to please the client, employee and Transcom. Excellent customer service really is very important for a business so whatever time or information needed to assure that is accomplished should be top priority. Not the duration of time between you answering and saving as resolved in the system for the clients contract sake or an unclear solution or resource to find one available. Training was weeks on customer service skills that were required and tested before job was offered and only one week on the actual information needed to do the job correctly. I was excited about my position and eager to begin a long career with Transcom. Having worked at a brick and mortar call center of theirs, I knew the amount and variety of clients they had with several different positions available to meet clients needs. For them to all ignore my requests from day two of work after training and make it seem as though I should not concern myself with the customers level of satisfaction but just the details needed to meet the contractual obligations with Transcom and the client was wrong. Especially after stressing their dedication to employees and obviously having issues keeping people as they survey questions they sent led me to believe.

6. "Worst ever"

Former Employee - Universal Agent in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Universal Agent in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers some of management wasn't so bad

Cons

Everything from schedule to pay to management can't advance unless your part of the click.

Advice to Management

Teach more stop pressuring. Have compassion

"At home Technical Advisor Apple"

Current Employee - Applecare At Home Advisor in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Applecare At Home Advisor in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home. The ability to increase salary via over time. 1-hour lunches, 2 (15)min breaks, etc

Cons

Some trainers are not very nice and talk to you in a rude and condescending way like you are not smart enough or fast enough. Seems to be some kind of competition thing on who can answer the fastest in training & a Teacher's pet mentality with some of the classmates.

Advice to Management

Everyone learns at a different pace, but if they were able to make it far enough to be invited to and join training; then they have the potential to succeed in class without the petty baby, high school mentality and inter office type bullying. And the pay being increased would help.

8. "home agent"

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time

Pros

Great support from management, easy system

Cons

Company does not have good service, customers are signed up for a 2 year contract with no knowledge

Advice to Management

None

9. "Just know what you're getting into"

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time

Pros

Experience, Can be flexible with telecommuting in the right position, Met some good people

Cons

Toxic culture due to overworking staff, get experience because they won't hire enough staff

"Universal Agent"

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time

Pros

The co-workers I had were amazing.

Cons

Pay stinks, management was a joke, they didn't care if you were sick, in pain anything YOU BETTER BE THERE. If the power went out do to storming or things beyond my control that still counted against my attendance UH HELLO I can not control mother nature.

Advice to Management

Start actually giving a damn about your employees and show some gratitude