TravelClick Reviews | Glassdoor

Larry Kutscher

"Hustle."

Former Employee - Director Product in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director Product in New York, NY

I worked at TravelClick (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is NYC work hard, squeeze in the play hard, and get compensated well. The challenge and responsibility are here for the taking and the on-the-job learning experiences are great.

Cons

TravelClick is void of culture. The people individually are very nice, but the company can't seem to stitch it together to make an atmosphere. Depending on what you want from work, this can be a negative.

Advice to Management

You hire, invest, build and ultimately tire out your intellectual athletes. It's a good place to learn and a hard place to stick around.

2. "Are you results oriented? Then work here!"

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, dedicated people are everywhere at this company. If you want to work hard and make a difference, this is the right place to work. If you are prepared coming in that everyone is expected to work hard, you won't be surprised. The day flies by.

Cons

Not everyone is on the same page. Getting people to slow to clarify needs or wants, isn't always easy.

Advice to Management

Share more with your teams. Good and bad. Communication needs to be better.

"DOS Nightmare"

Current Employee - DOS
    Current Employee - DOS

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flexible scheduled
    -Hotels/Hospitality a great industry
    -Educated employees

Cons

-Terrible onboarding process (most people don't make it past a year)
    -Constant change in product specialists and management
    -Inconsistent with pay, can't keep track on your commisson b/c there are so many different factors
    -too many moving parts. Have sales reps learn a few products at a time and sell those. then increase there product knowledge

Advice to Management

Spend time with your reps. Go on the road with them. Go on calls. Help them get comfortable and acclimated.

"Not recommended unless desperate"

Current Employee - Technology
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual wear. Get a pay check.

Cons

Only worth it if you are desperate for a job and have no other offer. Work life balance does not exist, shady hiring, many hired because of how they talk instead of their ability to do the job, lack of growth unless hired by your leader friend or you play politics, high turnover, arrogant and rude leadership, lower than average pay, no standout benefit, restricted work remote rules while other companies are relaxing this big time, expected to wear multiple hats when those hats require full time positions, regular process changes. Till now teams cannot manage projects. Process discussions never end. People keep throwing more work at others when it is not our job to do those tasks. HR isn't in all locations making it hard to deal with issues especially when it involves senior management. Taking our deserved 2 weeks vacation at once is a fight. This company has been in existence for more than a decade.. can you believe it? No excuse for such terrible workplace. This is a negative star rating.

Advice to Management

Go back to school and do management 101 again

"Regret working here and wasting my time."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I tried hard to think of one but could not find any.

Cons

Other reviews are spot on with the cons. In a nutshell I regret coming here and wasting my time. Skills have not grown but stress level has. As a new hire we are expected to deliver results fast. Lot of overtime hours. Calls start early morning and go until late night many times. No comp time is given for extra hours. There is no on boarding, documentation or knowledge sharing, no one has time to assist, stress levels are high with everyone. To get one answer I have to chase 10 people down and no one wants to help. New team members are hired then suddenly vanish (did they get fired? quit? transferred?). Huge support gaps. We are expected to fill in with no idea what we are supporting on top of our existing work with no extra compensation. Sometimes words cannot describe how poor a work environment can be. This is an example of one.

Advice to Management

Thanks for wasting our precious career time.

"Look somewhere else"

Pros

I loved all the stupid drama that goes on.

Cons

They take for ever to hire you on full time. They keep you as a contractor for as long as possible.

"Frustrating Workplace. Management is the problem."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at TravelClick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Few team members care, Few are smart. Time goes fast due to the work overload and constant drama. Some company outings exist to keep the culture afloat..

Cons

The biggest problem is the leadership. Having flaws at the top means poor decisions keep rolling down through the hierarchy crushing people below giving rise to many issues:

- People quit or are removed regularly,
    - Employee investment is nonexistent,
    - Open non-management positions are not filled in a timely manner,
    - New hires (managerial and non-managerial) show up without being interviewed or approved by their immediate team causing below par hires to come on board and thus team conflicts,
    - Department leaders are ineffective and poorly rated by their teams. They boss around pushing work from top to down while juniors do the strategizing and heavy lifting getting no incentive in return,
    - Salary and raises are on the lower end,
    - There are constant changes with leadership, teams and processes then each person wants to run the show their way so changes keep happening which are not beneficial,
    - There is quite a bit of cross-teams politics, blaming and disrespect (people think because they are in senior or leadership positions they own you with the language and tone they use. They also do not care about your time and team processes, they will try to force work on you as urgent which if you push back against then gets escalated),
    - Every request is considered urgent so expect unplanned work, long hours and unhappy peers,
    - Inconsistent work remote policy (some people get way more than others, some are mostly remote, some get none. It is a lottery depending on the leader you get).

Quitting was the only escape.

Advice to Management

Replace yourselves with people who can be effective leaders while earning the respect and motivating others especially within your teams as great leaders do.

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pleasure to work for
    Past pace environment
    Great work Environment

Cons

There are no cons for this company

Advice to Management

great work

10. ""What Can I Say!""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

TravelClick offers great opportunities for learning

Cons

For many, the opportunity for growth with TravelClick does not exist. Although this is seemingly a trend for many large corporations, considerable limited opportunity is a compelling motivation for great talent to leave the company

Advice to Management

Be a pioneer and break away from the military industrial complex convention by establishing a business leadership system where opportunity is continually developed and where process is managed rather than human bodies.

11. "Good place to work"

I worked at TravelClick full-time

Pros

Everyone is really helpful and nice

Cons

Communication from upper management can be better