TravelClick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TravelClick (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process took about two months. First, there is a phone interview with a recruiter which lasted about 30 minutes. Very generic screening and salary was discussed ($40K with commission). Next was a phone interview with the VP of Inside Sales and two Inside Sales Managers. After the phone interviews, I went to the TravelClick office for an in-person interview. I met with the Inside Sales Managers together and the VP afterwards. The next step was what they called a "roll play" - an activity where I was the Director of Sales for Hilton on I-drive and I had to sell them rooms and meeting space. This was done over the phone and with the VP and one of the Inside Sales Managers (one was OOO). After the role play, I was asked to go back to the TravelClick office to "shadow" two of the top reps. I didn't actually shadow anyone though - I met with the two reps separately in a meeting room and they gave me a better description of their day to day job and allowed me to ask questions. After meeting with them, one of the managers gave me a tour of the office. I was told after that visit they would meet together and make a decision and send it up for approval. At the end of all of this, I did not get an offer, so don't expect anything if you get this far. Fairly typical interview questions. They seem to like when you know about the company and their products. The role play was a little awkward and something I had never done before - it seemed like they just wanted to see how you would sell something. I rated this as a negative experience because of how long the process was with no offer and no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you not have many sales endorsements on LinkedIn?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TravelClick (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied for a Product position and heard back from the recruiter a few days later. I spoke with him on the phone and he described the position and what they were looking for. The interview wasn't too difficult and was mostly me describing my industry experience. The next step was to speak with the hiring VP. I spoke with her via phone the next week and had a very good conversation. After the VP interview ended, I received a note from the recruiter saying he got great feedback from the VP and would contact me the following week with next steps for an in-person interview.

I never heard from him again. Weeks went by. I finally reached out to him via e-mail and still didn't receive a reply. Later, I looked up the recruiter's profile on LinkedIn only to find out he was no longer with TravelClick. I tried to reach out to the VP via LinkedIn but also did not receive a response.

They had mentioned the position was contingent upon the company winning a new contract, so perhaps the deal fell through. It still would have been nice to at least receive an acknowledgement.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my experience in the travel industry.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TravelClick (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Judgmental, hypocritical, holier-than-thou, ambiguous, nonsensical, uninspiring
    kind of people (although it could be hard to form an opinion about someone after a 20 minute interview). That was my takeaway from the interview. Went in for an interview on short notice after I was basically told that their selection process would take weeks. Honestly, there’s nothing at all complicated about their customer service position, assuming you’ve had a significant amount of time doing customer service on the phone at a call center. They set you in the conference room for a few minutes to wait. Then, the three people from H.R. walk in the room and introduce themselves. In my case, it was two heavy set people ( a guy and a lady ) and a short Hispanic guy. The lady started with the questions and it started out with me talking about the most recent work I’d been doing. Actually, the first question was something like “What do you know about Travelclick?” I had done a small amount of research on the company. I told them I knew the company is based out of N.Y. and has 5000-10,000 employees (the L.I. profile page says they’ve got 1,001-5,000 people working for them so I was off by a little bit on that though). I told them that I knew Travelclick is the leading global provider of data, ecommerce, and internet solutions to the hospitality industry (although I stumbled a little bit trying to explain to them what Travelclick is the leading provider of).

I’ve got like 16 years working various call center/i.t. Jobs so this should’ve been an easy win for me as far as getting the job. After hearing that it took weeks to hear back from their H.R. people either way about a job offer, I called the H.R. lady and told her that I had a predicament: I was being offered another job where they were asking me to start Monday but that job was further away and I felt like TravelClick would be more robust in terms of the fullness of the job and taking me to the next level as far as being better in my field. I had told the lady in the preliminary “phone screening” that I was open to all offers but basically $12.50/hr. was the lowest I would accept. She told me that they could offer me considerably more than that (pretty sure that would be more like $15-$20/hr.). The other “job offer” was offering $11.50/hr. Anyway, back to my story about their H.R. people. So, after the fat lady got into my previous places of employment with me she asked the fat guy if there were any questions he had for me. He didn’t. I should note that read aloud the last three places I worked, prompting me to elaborate on each, and I talked a little bit about what each job was like and what I did there. Then she asked me if I had any questions for them. I had watched some youtube videos the night before about some of the more awkward questions that might come up in the interview and this was one of the questions I watched a video about. I asked about the schedule (i.e. what the hours of operation are for the call center and what during what hours I’d be most likely expected to work). From then on, it was pretty much the short guy doing all the talking. I felt that I asked some good questions. One of them was something like “Do the clients have access to the back-end?” That was somewhere in the middle of my conversation with the Hispanic guy. It’s sort of hard to know exactly how the day would go for this position but I definitely felt like with my experience and technical background, I‘d be able to handle the workload. I pretty much surmised he was one of the team leads for one of the customer service teams. Anyway, then I my question was more directed towards what the position entailed. So, it was basically me talking to the short guy for a few minutes. I may be leaving out a questions I asked but that was the gist of how the interview went. There were no silly questions like “What are your three greatest weaknesses?” or “Can you talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?” So the interview basically ended with me asking the Hispanic guy a few questions, for lack of a better way to describe it. For whatever reason, I didn't get an offer from them and I'm still scratching my head wondering why. I feel like I showed at least a moderate amount of interest in the position and represented myself well in the interview. It took the lady who I had talked to on the phone less than 30 minutes to get back to me by phone turning me down for the job. I'm disappointed but I feel like it's their loss and that there's something better out there for me.

Interview Questions

• The only question that sticks out in my mind is "Do you have any questions for us?"   1 Answer

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TravelClick (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed twice though the second interview was more a formality as they'd decided they wanted me there after the first interview. The interview wasn't too difficult and once I had made a connection with the interviewer things went very smoothly. The hiring manager seemed exceptionally friendly and while the interview ran quite long (45min-1hr), it didn't feel at all tedious.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TravelClick.

Interview

met with several VPs, heads of groups and CEO
    very determined to ensure you fit in well .. fast paced, little support staff,willing to work hard, have a lot of autonomy

Interview Questions

• what is your decision making process? will you be a good fit here?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TravelClick (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. Recruiter reached out to me following day and we scheduled a phone interview. She was extremely abrupt and kept cutting me off. She then scheduled an interview with the hiring manager who was overseas and missed our interview which was then rescheduled. 6 interviews and 4 months later I was offered the position. I declined due to further research I did after my experience I learnt about the bad reputation TravelClick has in the market.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions!
      Walk me though your resume
      Checked my references
      Answer Question

Really liked the TravelClick product and knew about them thought the industry. But after all the trouble I went through the interview process I started talking to others in the industry and learnt about TravelClick's dark side.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TravelClick (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was very straighforward, came to the office in Atlanta, had group interview with the team that i was interviewing for, then with director. Also had a phone conversation with HR. Group interview was mainly a get to know you session and talking about the expectations of the role.

Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TravelClick.

Interview

After 2 months interviewing (2 phone interviews, one day of in-person interviews, a test, and a case study/presentation), was offered a 35k/yr job. Ha! I laughed. Immediately declined and have since made more than triple that in the same field. Minimum wage will soon be $15/hr in NYC, meaning this company pays right around minimum wage to current/prospective employees with college and sometimes graduate degrees, as well as previous work experience. Plus, current employees knew nothing about the tourism industry.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in an environment where there is a lot of yelling and confrontation? (I guess they were trying to sound cool and intense)   1 Answer

Very long interview process. Recruiter and interviewers gave contradicting information. Offered near minimum wage as compensation.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TravelClick (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first step in the interview process involved a phone screen with the recruiter. Thereafter a phone conversation with the head of department going over the position requirements and expectations as well as background. Was called for an on-site at the Schaumburg location where there were about 4 rounds of interviews including a group interview with the development team leads and an interview with the Director. HR emailed they will provide a status update in about 1 week; 3 weeks have passed and I finally was notified by call that they have offered the position to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Q. Role playing exercise regarding gathering business requirements.   Answer Question
    • How do you work with offshore development teams   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize backlog features. How do you use Agile   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TravelClick (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Such a long process. Overall took several months and interviews with at least four different people. They strung me along for weeks at a time without any updates with the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. I eventually got a higher salary than was originally posted but it's still below industry average.