TravelClick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TravelClick (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I have 5 round onsite interview, including one round of lunch interview. Everyone is so nice to me and make me not nervous at all. They ask a lot of questions about algorithms, data structure and oo design, but they are all easy to handle and easy to be solved by giving a hint, no tricky problems like Google. The entire interview lasts for about 4 hours, and then I wait for half a month to get the congrats email from the hr.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TravelClick.

Interview

It wasn't bad. They asked a bunch of questions about data structures and how you would implement things (idea wise). Other than that, all over the phone never even went into the office in Orlando.

Interview Questions

• Name a data structure and give examples of when you would use it?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TravelClick (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. Recruiter reached out to me following day and we scheduled a phone interview. She was extremely abrupt and kept cutting me off. She then scheduled an interview with the hiring manager who was overseas and missed our interview which was then rescheduled. 6 interviews and 4 months later I was offered the position. I declined due to further research I did after my experience I learnt about the bad reputation TravelClick has in the market.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions!
      Walk me though your resume
      Checked my references   Answer Question

Really liked the TravelClick product and knew about them thought the industry. But after all the trouble I went through the interview process I started talking to others in the industry and learnt about TravelClick's dark side.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TravelClick.

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 2-3 weeks. First, I got an email from the HR stating that they received my application and would like to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 10 mins and we discussed my previous experience and current skills. After, the HR person emailed me problems on Excel (VLookup, formulas, etc.) that I had to solve and return by the end of the next day. They were not hard if you are comfortable with Excel, but were a bit tricky because of the lack of clear instructions. A few days later, I got an email from the HR that I did great and the Media Director wants to talk to me on the phone. I was scheduled for an in-person interview, but I guess they changed their mind and I had to talk to the Director first. I agreed and the phone interview went great, or so I thought. We discussed my qualifications and I was given scenarios to determine my behavior skills. I was scheduled for an in-interview the following week. I went to their location and was not impressed, to say the least. I get that they operate as a start-up, but the office looked miserable and everything seemed unprofessional. The three people that interviewed me did not like me (I assume). The interview lasted about 1.5-2 hours, and I walked out of there thinking that this place is terrible. I am desperate for a job and if they offered me a job I might've said "yes" but I don't think this is the place to build a career.
    As a site note, communicating via email with HR was unprofessional and I had to email back to clarify time, dates, and other important details.
    The Media Director is so full of herself, she is busy talking about her career choices and making up the stupidest situations to determine your character. And it does't help that she tells you that she doesn't remember our conversation because she is currently interviewing a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• How did you react in a situation where you disagreed with Management?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TravelClick (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was very straighforward, came to the office in Atlanta, had group interview with the team that i was interviewing for, then with director. Also had a phone conversation with HR. Group interview was mainly a get to know you session and talking about the expectations of the role.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TravelClick (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process took about two months. First, there is a phone interview with a recruiter which lasted about 30 minutes. Very generic screening and salary was discussed ($40K with commission). Next was a phone interview with the VP of Inside Sales and two Inside Sales Managers. After the phone interviews, I went to the TravelClick office for an in-person interview. I met with the Inside Sales Managers together and the VP afterwards. The next step was what they called a "roll play" - an activity where I was the Director of Sales for Hilton on I-drive and I had to sell them rooms and meeting space. This was done over the phone and with the VP and one of the Inside Sales Managers (one was OOO). After the role play, I was asked to go back to the TravelClick office to "shadow" two of the top reps. I didn't actually shadow anyone though - I met with the two reps separately in a meeting room and they gave me a better description of their day to day job and allowed me to ask questions. After meeting with them, one of the managers gave me a tour of the office. I was told after that visit they would meet together and make a decision and send it up for approval. At the end of all of this, I did not get an offer, so don't expect anything if you get this far. Fairly typical interview questions. They seem to like when you know about the company and their products. The role play was a little awkward and something I had never done before - it seemed like they just wanted to see how you would sell something. I rated this as a negative experience because of how long the process was with no offer and no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you not have many sales endorsements on LinkedIn?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TravelClick (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen with recruiter and then the managers on the team you are interning for. The team was very helpful with easing my nerves because I was very nervous. I like the office and it is a very upbeat environment.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TravelClick (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

3 Interviews, mainly behavioral question and skills questions. First interview on the phone, second on site, the third with a vp on the phone. The whole process to about a week.

Negotiation

2 days

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TravelClick (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

First I had a phone interview screener for about 30 minutes. It was pretty simple they just told me about the company and I gave them a few examples of relevant experience and went through my resume.

The in-person interview was 2 and a half hours long. I must have met with at least 10 different people. They seemed skeptical of me because they told me they thought I was too creative for the position. They told me the job would require me to formulate data on Excel 90 percent of the time. Also one of the entry level employees told me they "worked hard and played hard" which I found innaproppriate in such a professional interview setting.

Whe I finally met with the CEO he basically told me that they had four candidates and I was their top pick. He told me HR would contact me at the begginning of the next week. That never happened. I emailed him and tried to contact them about HR and I did not get a response after multiple attempts until almost 2 weeks later. I got no feedback at all after my request and a 2 sentence email about them "going in a different direction".

Overall I thought it was very rude and unproffesional of the CEO to tell me I practically had the job before leaving the interview- then just not follow through. I'm glad I didn't get this job and have a job now where I can put my talent and creativity to use.

Interview Questions

• A question they use for interviews at Google:
      How many piano tuners are there in NYC?

I thought this question was annoying and only asked for shock value and to impress me.   1 Answer

Media Analyst Interview

Interview

Typical process - phone screen with recruiter, in person with manager, and phone interview with VP.

During my in person, the lady I interviewed with wasn't even able to answer my question - "Who is TravelClick's biggest competition?" She said she didn't know. I mean, really? How can that even be?

Then when leaving, I asked for a business card to send a thank you note. She didn't have one so she wrote down her email as @travelclick.net. When I didn't hear back for a few days, I thought, maybe the domain is @travelclick.com, like the website. So i resent my note to the .com address, and low and behold, I got a reply. That should have been my first red flag that the person who's team I was looking to join didn't even know her own email address.

However, my experience with the VP was much more pleasurable. While talking to him, he asked why I chose my major in college and what I was like as a kid...these are things no interviewer has ever asked, so from him, I felt like he actually cared about me as a person and was honestly looking for a good fit for his team.