TriHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
John Prout

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Management refuses to add more job positions, as they are pressured by upper management (in 12 reviews)

• It sometimes feels like there is little room for advancement (in 4 reviews)

1. "Medical Lab Technologist"

Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technologist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technologist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay compared to the area, great lab, good management

Cons

Mandatory 2 weekends A month and 4 holidays a year.

2. "Good but so much improvement is needed to be great"

Former Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at TriHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO accumulates fast and is easy to use. Leadership understands the need to take off and attend to children. Diversity of job duties. Good amount of autonomy to do your job. Good people with relatively good hearts who seem to have your best interest in mind most of the time. New company wide leadership is working to reset the culture, mindset, and how service is delivered.

Cons

No real room for advancement which is unfortunate because they would keep so many good people if there was. Processes haven't caught up to rest of industry.
    Reactive rather than proactive culture. Workload doesn't match compensation. Contracts with clients are negotiated in such a way that puts TriHealth at a disadvantage. Too many unnecessary meetings.

3. "Good place to work, but could be better"

I worked at TriHealth full-time

Pros

Great mission statement, committed to helping the community

Cons

Technologically behind the market, high turnover in certain areas due to below market salaries.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries for certain positions and invest in technology to keep up with the market.

"Staff Nurse"

Former Employee - RN, Bsn in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - RN, Bsn in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at TriHealth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Close to my home.

Cons

I worked at Bethesda North Hospital and the management on my unit was horrible. I'm sure it's that way everywhere, but after working there for 15 years, I feel like I have the right to make that statement. They micromanage every single thing you do, when they have no true idea what exactly you do on the floors while they're hiding in their offices. They would rather the floor be over the top crazy and unsafe busy than to come out and offer help. Committees are pushed down your throat, but they never seem to accomplish anything. It has all become more about the status of the hospital than how to make your staff and ancillary help happy. They can't keep nurses anymore. I was there for 15 years. The first 10 were great- it just went downhill since.

"Great place to learn... Not a great place to stay long term"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth part-time

Pros

Great Place to learn
    Competent and very skilled physicians

Cons

-"New Reality" of our new CEO and his buddies has made TriHealth a place where Physicians are not looking forward to practice in, and for skilled employees to not work at.
    - Compensation is not good... Skilled employees in specialty areas (that the hospital has been known to excel at) are undervalued, with no outlook for things to change in the near future.... There is very little reward for even trying to go above and beyond, and bend over backwards for this institution..... If money is a factor, and you are experienced in your specialty of interest....you're better off finding employment at one of the other local hospitals.
    - PTO is crappy
    - Not enough people to properly staff a procedure room, therefore increasing risk to the patient if there is an event... also reduces efficiency... You can only do so much with less...... Management refuses to add more job positions, as they are pressured by upper management... but hey, I guess that's the "New Reality", its a game of numbers now (although we are not for profit and our CEO's salary is in the seven figures) and not about the Patient....

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money on useless consultants.....

"AVOID at all costs."

I worked at TriHealth full-time

Pros

Pay is decent. They work around your schedule.

Cons

The treatment of patients is the worst I've ever seen. Takes forever to treat them. Doctors spend less than 10 min from them. It's a puppy mill in here. Working here is draining on my ethics and mental health.

Advice to Management

Better your customer service. Treat patients with respect. Have better training for employees. This is HEALTH CARE. You should care more about people.

7. "Certified Medical Assistant. 3 years here."

Pros

Small satellite-based office has a close knit staff. We are working overtime to "make it work" with the skeletal crew we have.

Cons

Little support from upper management. Overworked, understaffed and under paid. Seems like they are worried about their finances more than their employees.

Advice to Management

Realize that the office staff is the backbone of the company. If you take care of the employees, they will take care of you.

"Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Montgomery, OH
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Montgomery, OH

I have been working at TriHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime available. Work every other weekend.

Cons

Short staffed. No training available. No strucure. Favoritism among leadership. No definitive lunch breaks given.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff to keep current employees from being overworked, feeling underpaid, and under appreciated!

9. "Worked here for 30 years"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at TriHealth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits room to advanced tuition if advancing career paid holidays vacation paid time great way to give service and encourage charity work

Cons

In transition changes in upper management will take time but is in a positive movement work weekend and holidays do not promote work from home in areas possible

Advice to Management

Support your staff

10. "rdms"

I have been working at TriHealth part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

See variety of interesting cases.

Cons

Short staffed,mandatory call at the satellite locations, Supervisor does not treat everyone equal, low moral in department. TriHealth has changed,seems to care more about the numbers and not the employees.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will work hard to take care of you.