TriTech Software Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TriTech Software Systems CEO Tony Eales
Tony Eales

Pros
  • There are some very good people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• Great people with lots of knowledge and experience to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The work environment left a lot to be desired in the past, but has been consistently improving (in 3 reviews)

"It's a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Contractor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Contractor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really love working at TriTech. It’s been a positive experience from day 1 and I love showing up to work every day. My team is friendly, supportive, and works hard! Although, I'm within my first year here, I can’t say I know it all, but I can say I’m very surprised to see such negative reviews on here... I think this place is awesome and the work environment to be super positive and upbeat. Yes, the company is growing (which did/does cause change as some reviews have mentioned) but it’s also a very exciting time to be a part of a company that has so much on the horizon.
    There’s a small gym on site, which is a nice perk.
    Catered lunches once a week = a good opportunity to socialize with colleagues if you want.

Cons

To be honest, I haven’t experienced anything negative.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and reward your employees… The little things go a long way (ex: catered lunches).
    Focusing on Community & Social Engagement will improve company morale.

"Not where great exists!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

The work we do helps save lives. Knowing that is rewarding in of itself. Solid reputation in our niche industry.

Cons

The leadership team THINKS they want best and brightest. They claim to be revamping functional areas to provide new and improved way of working. But the CEO is not making a positive impact and HR is useless.

Advice to Management

Think about what the company needs in order to be a recognized employer.

"Poorly run company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at TriTech Software Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starbucks coffee, free lunch once a week

Cons

Very poorly run. Management doesn't value employees.

"Not what it used to be."

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free lunch Wednesdays, free breakfast on Fridays. The product line is the best in the industry and one you can believe in.

Cons

First off let’s discuss the 5 star reviews. Now I’m not going to say they are all bogus but go to any other company on here and see if they have the percentage of 5 stars as this company. In response to the HR person that said we ask everyone to give reviews is a flat out lie. They send out emails to new hires and recently promoted individuals to give reviews no wonder they get so many 5 stars.

HR is here to serve management but that may be the case everywhere. If you get verbally abused by management you’ll be the one fired when you go to HR because management is never wrong.

Five years ago engineering was a family. The VP of engineering was a leader who allowed her management team to lead their teams. When the previous CEO and owner sold to investment bankers they wanted to bring in their own man. The good part of that is the quality of the product has gone up as he went after decreasing the amount of outstanding bugs. However, the culture of the work environment has taken a nose dive. He is a micro manager and fired all other managers from the previous VP. He has hired and fired more managers, because they spoke up; he only likes yes people. He instructed the department admin to inform on the employees. He has verbally abused people in meetings. He has instructed people to lie to the CEO. He micro manages his managers who in turn micro mange the staff. No wonder people I talk to say “why am I still here?”

Advice to Management

Do something with engineering management. People that love their job are more productive.

"This company is going down hill fast."

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A paycheck and benefits is really the only benefit. What other perks you may get ate paid back with interest.

Cons

Management is more concerned with metrics than its employees. They seem willing to say or do whatever they want regardless of the effects to the employee add long as they get their way.

The increase in the number of H1Bs has shifted the corporate culture in a bad way. Especially in management positions. Raised voices and increased stress are the norm. Increases in the number of bugs introduced by off shore programmers makes supporting the products a nightmare.

The reduction in the number of experienced employees in the other departments is also beginning to take a toll; from administration to engineering.

Free food is thought of as a plus, but the reality is more people are eating lunch at their desk while working. Good for Management not for the employee.

The engineers seem hardest hit. They used to laugh and joke in the lunch room and hallways; but it's very quiet now. They're hardly seen outside their area.

Any bonuses received are paid for in blood, sweat and raised blood pressure.

The sadest thing are all the 5 star reviews on this site; they're written to offset the bad reviews and keep the rating up.

Bottom line is as bad as things are; they're only getting worse.

There are better places to work if you have the option.

Advice to Management

Step back and look around at your people. Most want to do a good job. You don't need to treat them the way you do.

"I want to be here for years to come"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

TriTech is a booming, mission-driven company. Each team and department has their own little quirks and personalities but it's all one family and we all know that we play our role for that mission. It is an open and collaborative environment that encourages new ideas. The company is very dynamic and always something new, but the challenges are welcome.

Cons

None that I can thing of for the time being

"Culture shift in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

TriTech has grown tremendously in the three years I have been here. There are tough sides to that, because change can be difficult, but it's really exciting. Our new CEO has shown true concern in employee morale and objective assessment of performance. We recently had a fun off-site happy hour in San Diego and the culture shift is showing.

Cons

There are people at TriTech who have been here a long time and resent the changes. Those people can be very vocal and gossipy about their discontent and it drags everyone down.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on quality performance from employees, and consistent and obvious appreciation for the employees who are doing a good job. Have an open mind to modern motivators such as flexible schedules and telecommuting.

"Going downhill fast"

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once a week lunch is provided... so they can get a cheap hour of work out of you, while hoping to fix an embarrassingly low employee engagement survey. HR staff works very hard to post obviously fake GD reviews. Non-management employees are genuinely good people, and skilled professionals, if a bit downtrodden.

Cons

Very high level of disrespect from management. Trying to fix low morale with "free" lunches and a new coffee machine.

Advice to Management

At least have the sense not to write fake reviews from the "we at TriTech" viewpoint! How about a little respect for your employees, instead of just replacing them or attempting to placate them when they are unhappy?

"A lot of change and growth in the company"

Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at TriTech Software Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supporting Police Fire and EMS agencies gives employees a sense of pride. The company encourages employees build relationships with customers.

Cons

Being away from home and family was more difficult then expected I traveled a lot each year and missed my family

"Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Employees - fun, nice, helpful
    Team building events

Cons

Managers - don't listen to ideas, throw anyone under the bus, so many useless meetings and nothing ever changes, say one thing and then the complete opposite within the same day
    Low salaries

Advice to Management

Prepare to lose some good employees soon unless things change at the top