- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New Jersey
- - Northern Mariana Islands
- - Alabama
- - Idaho
- - Utah
- - Illinois
- - Virginia
- - Missouri
- - New York State
- - Wisconsin
- - Arizona
- - Alaska
- - Michigan
- - Guam
- - Montana
- - Maine
- - Nebraska
- - Oklahoma
- - Kentucky
- - New Mexico
- - District of Columbia
- - Federated States of Micronesia
- - Wyoming
- - North Carolina
- - Texas
- - Hawaii
- - South Dakota
- - Mississippi
- - American Samoa
- - Puerto Rico
- - Vermont
- - Minnesota
- - Arkansas
- - West Virginia
- - Tennessee
- - Indiana
- - Ohio
- - California
- - New Hampshire
- - Colorado
- - Virgin Islands
- - Connecticut
- - Palau
- - Iowa
- - Nevada
- - Louisiana
- - Washington State
- - Kansas
- - Rhode Island
- - Oregon
- - Pennsylvania
- - Maryland
- - Florida
- - Massachusetts
- - South Carolina
- - Georgia
- - North Dakota
- - Delaware
- - Remote
Found 329 of over 355 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Top it off with massive layoffs in 2019." (in 22 reviews)
- "2. Lots of management decisions at the highest level not well communicated with individual contributors and middle" (in 18 reviews)
- "Absolutely horrible leadership" (in 16 reviews)
- "When a manager or higher up is let go or resigns, it's a high probably that everyone under that person will also be let go." (in 10 reviews)
- "Communication is done via chat or email and lots can get lost in translation." (in 8 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There are a lot of companies that talk a big game about opportunities for employees, having a voice, work/life balance, etc. TrueCar actually walks the walk. If you want to work for a company where you can actually make a difference, grow, and disrupt a dinosaur of an industry, you're in the right place. Benefits are amazing, it's a completely remote workforce environment, and the company recognizes that people are just that - people and not just a means to an end. In addition, we have an executive team that's engaged and cares deeply about the employee experience.
The auto industry is in a bit of a slump at the moment with macroeconomic issues continuing longer than expected. These issues have led to tighter budgets which impacts our ability to be as aggressive as we'd like to be in investing in new tools.
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing about your positive experience in regards to work/life balance and our distributed workforce model. We take pride in our collaboration and communication programs with the leadership team such as our monthly all-hands (which we call Pulse & Progress), small informal coffee chats with our CEO, and by utilizing AllVoices, an anonymous feedback tool used to communicate with our People Team and senior executives. If you have any further feedback to share, please feel free to email us at HRrequests@truecar.com.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 21, 2022 - Manager in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Intelligent, hard-working colleagues who look to help each other grow
The long-term outlook for automotive marketplace providers is somewhat unstable given a movement in the automotive industry towards D2C
Thanks for the review and feedback. As cliche as it may sound, our people are truly our strength and we're proud to work alongside one another. Despite the industry uncertainty, we're excited about what the future holds with new product rollouts.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 20, 2022 - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
People there were really nice
Company seems stagnant with no future
Thanks for the review. We're proud that our team is supportive of one another, are engaged, and genuinely care about the success of the company. There's little doubt that the auto industry has faced a number of challenges in recent years, but we're confident that the product adjustments we're making position the company nicely moving forward.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I am impressed by the team's passion to win this category. The company is doing its best to provide clarity on goals and communicate with the employees regularly. Being in a remote environment can be challenging to get information, however, I feel informed. Benefits and salaries are good, perks are as well.
Not for the faint. You have to be ready to provide impact. Teams are focused on what they need to get accomplished and will be looking to you for your POV. We are in the midst of transforming into a product-led company - and everyone's resource counts.Continue reading
Passion to succeed meets big meaty challenges! We're glad you're part of the team and thanks for helping us shape the near-term future of the company.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 15, 2022 - Client Success ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible work hours and took care of employees
At the time, getting new products ready and out, but looks like now they’ve done a better job
Thanks for the review. We're moving quickly and breaking things in an effort to continue the improvement you referenced. Consider us again if you're on the market!
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 18, 2022 - Janitor/CleanerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They supply the cleaning supplies. No need for me to buy them.
Work can be a little too much some times.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The perks were basic but nice compared to other companies similar to TC. If you've worked in tech before then they're just mediocre. Depending on the team, the lower level positions are really nice to be a part of, good team members, decent work life balance etc.
Leadership and Management is really bad. There's also a really toxic environment where a Sr. Leader had to message multiple groups to stop have side conversations about others because word got out. The pay is also pretty bad, they claim market research etc, but my coworkers and i all make different salaries despite having similar experience and living in the same area. They made a lot of promises, don't deliver, and HR is really really rude. HR is essentially a second internal company that has no good relation with HMs and does what they want. It seems if you're of a certain demographic you get paid more than others :)Continue reading
We're sorry to hear you feel this way. For an employee who's still with us and has been here for 3 years, I'm surprised you haven't escalated this feedback to your direct manager or a leader on the people team. We value all feedback, taking pulse surveys on a regular basis, and are sure to address any opportunities or inequities, including demographics which have absolutely no impact on compensation. Reach out, let's discuss your feedback in greater depth.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 6, 2022 - Senior Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Modern stack - Helpful engineers - Lightning talks allow for learning and teaching others - Advanced internal tooling - Great benefits & perks - Fun problems to solve - Allows for full-stack engineering
- Heavy attrition - Deadlines are not uncommon - The chip shortage is making it difficult for the company to progress - Limited ability to move into managementContinue reading
Thanks for the feedback. If you have interest in moving into a management role, please be sure to have that conversation with your immediate manager in your next check-in or career and compensation cycle. We care quite a bit about helping employees achieve career goals while providing the skills and experience necessary to be successful in that desired role.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Excellent benefits & perks - Best workstation setup I've ever had.. especially since I'm working from home. I have ergonomic everything + a standing desk and it makes SUCH a difference. - Incredibly smart, hardworking, & fun teammates The main reason I like working here is the people & the culture. The work can definitely be set up in an agile way (depending on your dept) and priorities can shift, but for the most part, I've found that super interesting and have learned more in my career here than twice as long at other companies.
Personally, I don't really care about the car industry at all so it can be hard for me to get excited about the trajectory of the business but other than that I've had a very positive experience.
Thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback. We are very happy to hear that you’ve found our Dynamic Workplace program supportive and beneficial in regards to setting up your workstation! We believe that our people are our strength and care deeply about our culture and so we are very glad to know that you feel the same. If you have any further feedback to share, please feel free to email us at HRrequests@truecar.com.
- Current Employee★★★★★May 5, 2022 - Regional ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
True Car has a Great Company Culture
I haven't run into any negatives at the moment.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your perspective and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at TrueCar! If you have any further feedback to share, please feel free to email us at HRrequests@truecar.com.
TrueCar Reviews FAQs
TrueCar has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 355 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at TrueCar to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 15% over the last 12 months.
67% of TrueCar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TrueCar 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.