TrueCar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Went to a university career fair, recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview, phone interview went well with the interviewer wanting to schedule an in-person interview, and he told me that the recruiter would reach out as soon as he could, but the recruiter never reached out and ignored my emails asking him about the actual in-person interview even though he had responded to my emails beforehand. Disrespectful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen first, which lasted roughly 30 minutes to an hour asking various questions about my background. I then had an in-person interview at my University's career center, which lasted roughly an hour. The person in charge of recruiting was very kind and followed up with me for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Specific to technical stuff: I was asked questions about my technical background. In addition, I was asked to give an example of a cool project or significant coding challenge that I faced (and how I overcame it).   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrueCar.

Interview

Was able to come and meet the team on site in Santa Monica. Spoke with several senior tech managers are the program and why I wanted to intern at TrueCar.

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by one of their recruiters. First there was a phone interview, then an in person interview with some members of the collections team and the head of the collections department. After I did well on both the phone interview and the in person interview I was e-mailed a test to take regarding my skills in collections. I did well on the test and as I was coming in for the final interview with the Controller of TrueCar and the Chief Accounting Officer, the recruiter called me and told me one hour before the interview that the position had been placed on hold. There was a major lack of communication the entire time. At many times I felt as if I was being disregarded for the position or I was just not worth their time. All in all it was a very sour experience and showed TrueCar in a very unprofessional light. I was shocked when they called me one hour before the final interview and had to cancel on me. I still have not heard anything back from them and its been over a month.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

When I arrived for my interview, I was greeted and welcomed as if I was a part of the family! I interviewed with mid level management all the way up to the President.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of phone interviews, the first was with the Recruiting manager at Truecar. This was an informative call with more specifics on the role and the process. The second was with a Senior Director, this ended up being almost an hour long call with a deeper dive into the role, company, team, etc. The third was with the VP, this was relatively quick and and gave a different perspective.

I was then given a challenge assignment with various analytical and problem solving questions. With one week to work on it, the presentation format was up to me. After that one week, I was brought into TrueCar to present and meet the team.

Although I did not get the offer, the amount of time, effort, and care given each step of the way definitely stood out. I came away with a good feeling at TrueCar and believe in their recruiting team, way to go!

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a talk with a recruiter, followed by multiple phone interviews, and in the end ended with a presentation to an entire team. The interview involved conversing with many people that I would work with on a regular basis, as well as people that I would end up working with less frequently.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Was told the internship was for rising seniors (was rising junior), but gave elevator speech and was eventually reached out to be a recruiter a month or two later.

Went through multiple phone interviews with different teams, and ended up doing an in person analytics presentation with yet another team. Got the offer on the drive home.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Just HR phone screen and introducing the hiring process. It was very quick just like 10 minutes and people who interviewed me is very nice. The interview is not difficult.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter for a posted position and the recruiter returned my call within a few days. I went through a phone screening interview about my general background and interests in the position. After a week, I received a call t interview in their office in Santa Monica. The in office interview was with four sets of people, and each consisted of 30 minutes each. The questions ranged from behavioral to technical to brain teasers. The questions asked about my general background, programming experience in statistical languages (SAS, R, Python), and statistical knowledge (Logistic Regression, Type 1 and 2 errors, and probability). Overall, the interview took about 2 hours, and after a few days I received an offer.

The process went smoothly and the recruiter tried at all times to keep me informed and up to date as the process was going forward. They were also very accommodating in setting up a time that worked with my schedule. The interview process was enjoyable. I was able to meet many of the people within the department, and gain insight into the type of work they do.

Interview Questions

• There are three doors, and one of them has a car behind it and the other two have nothing. If you choose one door, what is your probability of choosing the door with the car? If after your choose, it is shown one of the other two doors had nothing behind it, would you switch doors from your current one to the one that's left? Why?   Answer Question