TrueCar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TrueCar

2.9

Data Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Super quick process. Applied online, phone interview two weeks later with the recruiter. Second phone interview three weeks later with the manager. "Passed" and was asked to move forward with "homework". Submitted it and it passed. Asked to come in for an in person interview. Met with 3 sets of people. The first two were with the manager and peer. The others were part of the department.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at TrueCar (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

CAUTION: DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME!
    Lengthy design challenge, slow responses, interviews scheduled far in advance, process is long, lots of red tape!

After weeks of communicating, doing phone interviews, and a full design challenge (which I received great feedback on), I made it to the final round of in person interviews which was scheduled to be 4 hours in their office. I took off time from my full-time job to be there. An hour before the interview, they emailed me saying they were no longer hiring for the role. (Process: 1.5 months)

Then I was contacted 6 months later for the same role which was reopened, but now they were hiring TWO Sr. UX Designers. I was hesitant and hoped we would pick up where we left off. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case. I had to redo the phone interviews and resubmit the design challenge. They allowed me to submit my previous one, but gave me the option to make changes if needed. Uneasy and still hesitant to put in more hours to this project, I created a bulleted list of items I would change about my work, which the recruiter told me would suffice. I didn’t hear back for about 2 weeks after following up multiple times. Once I got a response, it was not from the recruiter, but rather, someone else telling me I was told not a good fit for the role. I’m not sure how I was a great fit before but not anymore. (Process: 2 months)

Over all view: I put in a lot more effort than the respect that was reciprocated. TrueCar seems like a great place to work and I really thought I could see myself working there. However, this process was an extremely a poor reflection on the company and I will likely never interview for a position at TrueCar again.

Interview Questions

• Walked through my portfolio   1 Answer

Junior Data Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online, got a call from a recruiter and went through a basic phone screen (behavioral questions, talked more about the role). Once I passed that, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that it was an onsite interview that lasted 2 hours. The first hour was three 20 minute interviews with different people in different roles. The last hour was an assessment using Excel. Everyone was super friendly, so it wasn't as nerve-wracking!

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TrueCar.

Interview

It was a very quick rapid fire schedule and required a 2 minute pitch to show your skill set and was followed up by a tour of the facility. Overall impressive experience

Interview Questions

• What is a characteristic of a salesperson that is critical to success.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

A phone screening interview with the recruiter and then follow up with the hiring manager phone interview. If all goes well, a homework assignment is assigned to be completed within 24 hours.

I had the opportunity to make it to the onsite interview where I was given a quick tour. I had 3 different interviews with 6 different people; 2 from hiring managers, 2 from the department, and 2 from another department for one role. Each interview session is 30 minutes each, back to back. Get coffee; it is exhausting to repeat yourself. I wish I was better prepared to repeat myself and really hone down my skillset and qualification for the position.

I have a problem with this interview process because it leaves the interviewee to introduce themselves 3 different times, and sometimes important details are missed. I would rather have 1 interview with 6 individuals. The interview session is very conversational; not many questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach your managers with a promotion you deserved?   Answer Question
    • Have you used the TRUE Car website and what areas would you improve?   Answer Question

Data Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

You first get a phone call from HR then a phone interview with the manager. If she/he okays, they will send an excel test and a writing assessment(both fair in difficulties). Then if you pass that, you will be invited onsite to meet with team members.

CSM Interview

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews and one in person. Recruiter assured me she’d follow up but she never did. That is pretty common in today’s age however you really should do what you say you’re going to do as I spent a lot of time on the phone with them not to count a long drive to the interview. Also they did not offer me a drink at interview even though the hiring mgr and another person had one which is rude in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What do you think TRUECar needs to improve upon?   2 Answers

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Full day. Met with tech and product folks from EVP to my peers. I did some architecture diagrams. We talked about how I handle conflict resolution on my teams. We discussed the build versus buy mentality. Got a tour of the beautiful office

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

The interview process includes an online code challenge, a 30-minutes technical phone interview, then an on-site interview that involves building a small React application and explaining the code to other senior developers and an architect.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between session storage, local storage and cookies?   1 Answer
    • Triple Equal Vs Double Equal   1 Answer
    • Bubbling Vs Capturing   1 Answer
    • Real DOM vs Virtual DOM   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrueCar (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

Spent the last 10 years in the automotive software industry, applied for this position and received an email from an HR person for an initial phone interview. It was scheduled for 1:30 EST the following day. 1:30 came and went, no call. 2:30 came and went, no call. 3:30... you get the picture. Hey look I get it, maybe you filled the position already or something but at least have the courtesy to email a candidate or something. Needless to say this is one company I no longer have any interest in working for.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for phone interview tomorrow?   2 Answers