TrueCar Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 95 of over 95 interviews

Campus Recruiting10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

TrueCar

Application

I interviewed at TrueCar

Interview

The initial process was pretty standard as to how most companies screen and process new candidates. Telephone screening, video interviews, and then in person meeting with recruiters. After that, the typical wait and see.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want the job?
    Answer Question

TrueCar

Application

I interviewed at TrueCar

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter over the phone first followed by a brief call with the hiring manager. Next was full day of interviews with 2 product managers and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you identified a traffic loss and what the next steps were

TrueCar

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TrueCar in Apr 2021

Interview

It was so good.. I felt like good interaction sessions Brief introduction about the project tools that I learned which went well .. More about SQL and API testing.. Experience on the REST API in the project experience..

Interview Questions
  • What did u learn from your previous experiences?

TrueCar

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar

Interview

An employee that worked at truecar at the time submitted a referral and then I applied via linkedin. I received an email from their recruiter and she set up the first call. We talked about standard things; the hiring process timeline and what's involved, etc. The recruiter also asked qualifying questions of my experience and career aspirations. Then I was told I would hear from the hiring manager within the next week. A month later I received an email from the recruiter stating they went in a different direction.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TrueCar

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrueCar

Interview

I was contacted by a TrueCar recruiter after applying to a job posting through LinkedIn. I met with the head of the department that I was applying for and then again with the recruiter who gave me more detailed information on the position (salary, benefits etc.). The recruiter gave me a take home assignment and I had a few days to complete it. I submitted it to the recruiter and he forwarded it onto the department that I was applying to. I received positive feedback on the assignment so I was invited to do a multi-part panel interview with various employees from different departments that my role might potentially work with. A bit of time passed (about a week) but I heard positive news back regarding the interview and they offered me a position. The process was smooth and the recruiter helped to keep me informed about the progress of my application along the way. Everyone I met along the way seemed positive and happy to be with the company. Overall, a positive experience!

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at TrueCar? What do you know about the company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrueCar (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

1st round is HR Phone Screen Then there's a hiring manager phone call Then the third round is a virtual on-site I was introduced to the process but have not finished all the steps above

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA)

Interview

Super quick process. Applied online, phone interview two weeks later with the recruiter. Second phone interview three weeks later with the manager. "Passed" and was asked to move forward with "homework". Submitted it and it passed. Asked to come in for an in person interview. Met with 3 sets of people. The first two were with the manager and peer. The others were part of the department.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TrueCar (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2020

Interview

Interview cancelled last minute by the company. I initially went through TripleByte. They had some reorg and decided to cancel the role entirely. Wasted my time in preparation. I guess it happens ... I was just using the interview for practice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 10 months. I interviewed at TrueCar (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

CAUTION: DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME! Lengthy design challenge, slow responses, interviews scheduled far in advance, process is long, lots of red tape! After weeks of communicating, doing phone interviews, and a full design challenge (which I received great feedback on), I made it to the final round of in person interviews which was scheduled to be 4 hours in their office. I took off time from my full-time job to be there. An hour before the interview, they emailed me saying they were no longer hiring for the role. (Process: 1.5 months) Then I was contacted 6 months later for the same role which was reopened, but now they were hiring TWO Sr. UX Designers. I was hesitant and hoped we would pick up where we left off. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case. I had to redo the phone interviews and resubmit the design challenge. They allowed me to submit my previous one, but gave me the option to make changes if needed. Uneasy and still hesitant to put in more hours to this project, I created a bulleted list of items I would change about my work, which the recruiter told me would suffice. I didn’t hear back for about 2 weeks after following up multiple times. Once I got a response, it was not from the recruiter, but rather, someone else telling me I was told not a good fit for the role. I’m not sure how I was a great fit before but not anymore. (Process: 2 months) Over all view: I put in a lot more effort than the respect that was reciprocated. TrueCar seems like a great place to work and I really thought I could see myself working there. However, this process was an extremely a poor reflection on the company and I will likely never interview for a position at TrueCar again.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrueCar (Santa Monica, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

I applied online, got a call from a recruiter and went through a basic phone screen (behavioral questions, talked more about the role). Once I passed that, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that it was an onsite interview that lasted 2 hours. The first hour was three 20 minute interviews with different people in different roles. The last hour was an assessment using Excel. Everyone was super friendly, so it wasn't as nerve-wracking!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Interviews