Trulia Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Trulia~226815
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Smart and Amazing People

Jul 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone that works here says the same: they love the people here. People are smart, kind, and care about you on the personal level. Its an innovative company to this day and we only hire the best because we want to create an environment that will lead to success. The CEO of Zillow Group creates a culture that is employer focused and it resonates down to the managers of the individual contributors.

Cons

Not too much cons in my opinion. The only main comment is that career paths are not always super clear. However, our management encourages career development discussions so if you want to get this feedback you can if you initiate it.

3 people found this review helpful

SVP & GM, Trulia

Thank you for sharing your review. If you want to innovate it has to start with the people. You need a team that will support you through the journey . The people are the reason I joined 10+ years ago and it's the reason I stay.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best places I've worked at

Mar 14, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing work-life balance - Exciting and rewarding work - Great pay

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Culture

Jan 10, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

All highly friendly colleagues, great to work with and be friend with.

Cons

Career progression is a bit slow

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

a long time ago

Mar 14, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun place to work while it lasted

Cons

comoany got bought out... take over

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Trulia sinking fast...really fast

Jun 7, 2019 - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

free food, commuter benefits, Health

Cons

In short a lot that you can count. I am highlighting a few. .... To start with, politics and favoritisms are two big things which is letting Trulia down. So many people are leaving and Management is so scared that they are not allowing them to write a farewell mail to their colleagues. Its has become boy's club. Constantly changing directing and technology is killing the productivity. Zillow's biggest mistake is Trulia. Work from home is a myth and non existing. (Do not be fooled if your recruiter tells you it exists)

11 people found this review helpful

CTO

Trulia is an important part of the Zillow Group’s portfolio of brands and I am excited about the new, modern architecture that is being put in place. People join and leave the company, including the Trulia team, for a variety of reasons and we take each instance seriously. As a company, we’re doing some new things and that has impacted the direction of the broader team, which I believe shows an ability to be nimble when the business opportunities are promising. The leadership team has been working closely with us as we navigate these changes, and we will continue to be transparent. I don’t see or hear about the “boys club” you are referring to. I’d welcome a conversation with you or others who want to discuss the challenges you are seeing and things we could do to help. We don’t have a work from home policy and prefer employees to be in our offices, working collaboratively with their teammates. Of course, we encourage employees to work with their managers as we understand there are circumstances that don’t support traditional work hours in the office and can allow for certain flexibility as appropriate. I’d like to see every employee have a positive work experience and environment. I hope you reach out to me so we can discuss your concerns further. davebei@zillowgroup.com

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lack Leadership and Integrityy

Jun 6, 2019 - Marketing Communications Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The time off policy is very generous.

Cons

Lack of true leadership Cult like culture Step sister brand to Zillow with no true future path forward

6 people found this review helpful

VP Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to let us know-- I’m sorry you feel this way about the work we’re doing. We see an exciting path forward for people looking to move, and the role we can play in making that better. I’d love to discuss your feedback so we can improve at alissar@zillowgroup.com. best-- Alissa Reiter, VP Marketing

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Apr 13, 2019 - Trulia Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is generally positive. Location of the downtown SF building is great, it's a special place to be.

Cons

The flex vacation policy is a myth. You are told that higher ups - including our general manager - are watching how much vacation people are taking and that if you are high on 'the list' it gets noticed. There is an unstated limit of 4 weeks. I have found it to be political and unforgiving. There is no warning on something to improve, you are directly dinged on performance. Not all roles and responsibilities are well defined and no desire to fix it. There is some tension between product and engineering, with painfully untechnical product managers hard charging engineering. Product managers are generally more directly than collaborative.

6 people found this review helpful

SVP & GM, Trulia

Thanks for the review. We really want and encourage employees to take ownership of their career and work directly with their manager on their performance, role and career goals. Highly recommend you reach out to your HR business partner or me, so we can discuss your experiences and create solutions. We can gladly provide more clarity on our DTO policy as well.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Place to Work

Sep 26, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very open work climate: hierarchal structure almost seems non existent. VPs working next to interns, easy to communicate with anyone and everyone, and great team environment .

Cons

None that I can think of

VP of Engineering

Thank you for your review. A collaborative environment is important to us - it helps us innovate, and move fast and think big. Glad you enjoy working here.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Place to Work

Aug 31, 2018 - Software Development Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great coworkers - smart, helpful, and kind - Competitive pay and benefits; rewards for good effort made - Semi flexible workday schedules -lots of room for growth in both skill level and responsibilities -awesome senior management

Cons

- Too many meetings - Some remote work was possible when needed, but more would have been better :)

VP of Engineering

Thank you for your feedback and we will keep on working to get to better.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Marketing Manager

Aug 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The recruitment process was both streamlined and thorough, and there was active communication from both recruiting and the hiring manager. The company really does abide by their core values - focusing on collaboration, innovation and transparency. There is a visible emphasis on employee satisfaction, as evidenced by the breadth of benefits offered, and the general demeanor of fellow employees.

Cons

No observed cons to date.

VP Marketing

We're so glad to hear it! --thanks so much for letting us know.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 303 Reviews

Trulia Reviews FAQs

Trulia has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 324 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Trulia to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Trulia employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Trulia. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

66% of Trulia employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Trulia 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Trulia to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Trulia Job Seekers