Unit4 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Unit4 CEO Stephan Sieber
Stephan Sieber

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Healthy work/life balance: ability to work from home and not a culture that expects work to be done during the evenings or weekends (in 12 reviews)

• There is a flexible work schedule and the work/life balance is good (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • the management team is not good enough to take care the needs of the employee (in 7 reviews)

• very low salary compared to the market (in 6 reviews)

"Great Work/Life balance"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Unit4 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members and great new software products being released. Our company appreciates the employees and our health benefits are the best. I would refer my friends to work here.

Cons

There is a culture change going on for the better. People who have been here a long time may be dissatisfied with this change but sometimes change is for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The future is very bright and I am glad to be a part of this exciting future. We must be doing a great job or we wouldn't be selling software for the last 36 years!

"Amazing Technology - Weak Leadership"

I have been working at Unit4 full-time

Pros

Amazing products and the staff believes in the products. A lot of good people and coworkers.

Cons

There seems to be a growing disconnect between leadership and those who actual carry out the work. Getting any type of change to happen takes way to long. Leadership has changes multiple times in short span causing a lack of alignment. Acquisitions not properly completed and integrated as one company.

Advice to Management

Take a moment to listen to the staff and care for employees. Actions speak louder than words.

"Great people not so great management"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Ellisville, MO
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Ellisville, MO

I worked at Unit4 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smartest, coolest, most friendly people I have ever had as coworkers.

Cons

Management has no clear goals. They do not listen to their employees. They treat employee's like numbers not people. Massive lack of transparency and communication.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. If you say something follow through. When you have good people bend over backwards to keep them. Keeping some one good is never as expensive and getting someone new you hope is as good. employees are the backbone of your company and product. Not the guys sitting in an office in meetings 50hours a week.

Jun 19, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, and it is very good to see how much you value your colleagues at Unit4. We can’t agree more with you that companies should treat their people well... More

"Disappointed with lack of care show towards employees"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Burlington, MA

I worked at Unit4 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started, I loved working for UNIT4. Lot's of interesting assignments, great team environment. Some of the best co-workers I've ever worked with!

Cons

Unstable - ever other year or so they lay-off a bunch of employees right at the end of the 1st quarter - then about 8-9 months later they start hiring a bunch of new employees. I saw this happen 3 times over 4 1/2 years. They have lost so many seasoned and knowledgeable employees because of their lack of indifference towards their employees.

Lack of following labor compliance for US employees - I was repeatedly told to use vacation time or I would use it... this is against the labor laws of the state I live in. Expenses were not paid in a timely manner, sometimes taking months to get it straightened out... then it was coming through as a wire which cause my bank to charge me for!

The benefits used to be pretty good here in the US, but recently (after the merge with the Education Software) it has become terrible. I had to change doctors because of them changing the medical provider, and then I had to stop going to my eye doctor because of the lack of coverage for the "vision" insurance. It wasn't insurance, it was a "savings/discount" policy.

Lots of pressure for 80% utilization but no work to achieve that... then they lay you off! Really very disappointed in the way they manage resources!

Advice to Management

The management over in Europe need to be more aware of how their decisions effect their North American employees as well as the labor compliance required especially here in the US. They also need to be honest about the direction they are heading in regarding their Professional Services department as it has become very clear that they are going in the direction that SAP did by using Partners.

Apr 10, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about some of your experiences. We take your feedback very seriously and it is a starting point for continuous improvement. We would like to encourage... More

"Great Solutions"

I have been working at Unit4 full-time

Pros

Great software built on a very good platform

Cons

European based ( HQ ) company, very little brand awareness in US except for the Education vertical

Advice to Management

Increases marketing budget and support for US

Mar 7, 2017 – HR

Thanks for leaving us your review. We find it important to increase our marketing efforts and overall branding and awareness in the countries we are located, so thank you for your input. In case you... More

6. "Good Company"

I have been working at Unit4 full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Not many cons to working here

"Good software, but lacking corporate direction"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

Good ERP package with good integration points

Cons

Additional "flashy" rollout of Experience packs or bots gets in the way of fixing core functionality problems.

Dec 11, 2016 – Talent Acquisition team

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and give your feedback. We continuously work on improving ourselves and cannot do this without valuable feedback. So, please feel comfortable to... More

"Excellent experience working here"

I have been working at Unit4 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company with a strong management team and a very promising future. I joined about a year ago because I saw the potential to be part of something big, and the opportunity to contribute in a significant way. I work with industry analysts and they are quite bullish on the company’s management team and future prospects. What analysts firms like Gartner now say about Unit4 is: “…we are now looking at an edgier, more calculating and aggressive Unit4,” “Unit4 has truly transformed itself into a new company, one that is energized, fresh, innovative, confident and aggressive”.

Cons

The company has gone through a radical transformation and some long-standing employees find the changes difficult. There have been a lot of layoffs, which puts a damper on morale. Luckily, the hard stuff is behind us and things are on a positive trajectory.

Advice to Management

Communicate a clear and compelling vision for where the company is headed. Give people an emotional connection to fully engage hearts and minds.

"changes yes, but for better not worse"

I worked at Unit4 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Close colleagues are the best, their work ethics and outside-of-the-box thinking is what retains the customers.
    "hands-on" staff is dedicated to deliver extraordinary service, and never spares time or effort to achieve customer goals.
    The product I worked with is really great, I was proud of saying that I worked for the company that created it.

Cons

For the last year or so, almost every week an announcement is made about someone leaving the company. This is not good for morale...
    Big and Small products withing the company's portfolio don't get the same treatment, and harmonization is often pushed, better or worse.
    Externalized IT is a catastrophe, IT folks were fired, support in India is unresponsive and clueless.
    Externalized HR and finance... lost a few good people again.

Advice to Management

In tough times, staff will get closer, work better to satisfy customers, cope with all challenges, enable all the changes you're implementing at exec level. But, this should be a temporary situation, at some point, employees should be able to focus on their jobs, on their careers, on their personal goals and just reap the benefits of the changes, instead of living in constant changes.

"Small Company With Potential"

I have been working at Unit4 full-time

Pros

The people are very nice, and the management is approachable. The purchase by Unit4 and the upcoming release of Mosaic should result in good corporate growth and opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The company has been around for years but still behaves like a startup. There is a general lack of professionalism and a fly by the seat of the pants approach. Management is stuck in the past. They feel the need to control irrelevant details such as insisting that all employees work 8 - 5 and be in the office rather than allowing remote work and flexible hours for employees who aren't in a customer-facing role. Employees are valued more by their relationships with management than by their actual accomplishments. Formal communication is almost nonexistent. One has to be "in" with someone in the know in order to have timely knowledge of even basic information.