V Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Vijay Kumar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Learning & Work Experience !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at V Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with V Group has always been exciting. You are continuously push beyond your comfort zone which gives tremendous opportunity to learn new things and increase your capabilities, both in technical and professional manner.

Cons

If company can work towards streamlining the processes and adhere to it, it can be a great change into the system.

"Personalized Career path"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at V Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is the advantage of being with a growing organization. As the company grows, the employees are given the oppotunity to take on the roles they feel more passionate about.
    Company sponsors for the training and the certification that has benefited the particular business group and the employee, Thanks to the liberty, I saw myself taking on lead responsibilities and could customize my job roles. I took the training and certification on SCRUM and this has been helping me in my job.
    The HR was very cooperative in approving the training courses and the days I required to prepare for the certification - Thank you

Cons

It would be nice the training and certification program is better defined ahead of time. I have seen cases where training was approved on a case to case basis rather than a policy. While this does lead to personalized attention, a better defined structure would be helpful

Advice to Management

Thank you for paying personal attention to my career aspirations keeping my personal siutaions in mind. Prior to approving the trainings and the expenses, you should ensure how that would be monetorily benefit the organization. On the otehr hand, I appreciate the trust you have in us

3. "Amazing Company with Smart People"

I have been working at V Group full-time

Pros

V Group's culture is second to none!!!
    Awesome benefit, great people to work with. The company's leadership has defined a clear path so we know where we are going and how can I help us get there. We spend a lot more time together not because we have to but because we want to.

Cons

Changes doesn't happen quickly which in some cases is good and in some cases not so good.

4. "Mid Size Company - Organized in Business Units"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at V Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has very smartly organized itself into distinct groups depending on target market and type of operations
    Public Sector is a group in itself, Ecommerce has its specific offerings and products. Digital has its products and services. The latest Enterprise offers onshore-offshore project work
    This gives focus and opportunity for staff to reach to the top

Cons

Perhaps too much delegation is done; They have taken risks in investing into software products which have yet to capture the market. More efforts are required on Publicity

Advice to Management

More social media presense is required. Invest into customer loyalties. Aim to get entire contracts so its easy for the team to provide the services

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Pros

Nice, honest people.
    Pay is a little over average.
    Good work-life balance (very rarely have to work overtime).
    President & CEO are always available for you if you need them.
    Company pays for a work-related certification you need/want.
    Lenient with taking days off (within good reason).
    All is good as long as your work gets done and you keep busy.

Cons

You may have to wear many hats (which can be a "con" to some).

Advice to Management

NA

"Horrible company to work for."

Former Employee - Office Administrator/Human Resources in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Office Administrator/Human Resources in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at V Group (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Interview process is long and has no point. They rope you in the interview making it seem you'll be doing X and if you're hired you'll be doing Y and Z as well. Pay is subpar at best as they can't calculate salary appropriately. They take money out for paid vacation and calculate from there so in reality, you're loosing money.

You're expected to work the hours of the office (9a-6p) and if you take the hour lunch that is given to you, you're chastised for leaving the office. Employees basically eat their lunch at their desks while continuing to work. You're expected to stay beyond 6pm with no compensation for overtime.

They promote "work/life" balance, but you're expected to be available 24/7 for their every beck and call. Once you're home for the night and/or weekend, your expected to check/respond to emails and answer calls from the CEO. If you do t respond to emails or answer the calls from the CEO, you're interrogated to the point of tears (or anger and walking out!).

If you take a day off or are on vacation (arranging the time off ahead of time), you will be expected to answer phone calls and emails while away from the office. If you're of the "management" title and schedule time off, senior management may try to make you rearrange your vacation so you can come into the office 2 days during your time off. If you say no, you are treated like you've disrespected the CEO/company. If you call out sick, you're bombarded with calls asking for info (that is easily accessible through their email and data keeping software).

If you don't perform to the expectations of the CEO, you will be openly yelled at and treated horribly. If you perform higher than their expectations, you're treated poorly. If you speak your mind about how things are run, you're treated poorly and threatened. If you don't make the CEO money, you're fired. Those that make the CEO money, get treated like gold and they can do no wrong.

Overall, if you're single, have no life or significant other, willing to work 24/7 with no overtime compensation, then this job is for you.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees better and pay them better.

"Excellent Consulting Company"

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at V Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Happy to have worked with Vijay and his company for almost 10 years. They did my Green Card and helped me to find several contract jobs out of state. Recommend highly.

Cons

Small company withfew direct clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Strong Leadership, Good People & a Positive learning experince"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at V Group (More than a year)

Pros

A degree of latitue with project selection. The CEO is available, sharp and a good person. The team (during my time there) were a positive, intelligent and focused bunch.

Cons

At times, it was a bit disorderly. I think there was a lack of direction or at least it was unclear who was supposed to make the call. As a result at key points we burned the timeline due to inaction. The compensation was not great, but within range.

Advice to Management

Focus on improving the process....not just getting the work done by throwing labor at it . It would be helpful if accountability was clearly delegated.

"Worst mistake in your life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NJ

Pros

None.. Accept if you like being under constant stress

Cons

Horrible unreasonable management. Expecting you to work 10+ hours and weekends sometimes with no option to say no.
    Continuous miscommunications between management makes you at fault that can't deliver simple task cause they can't decide what was the task..
    Turnover is crazy.. You never know when they can fire you, and they never give a real reason. even if your performance is great, most likely they find why it's bad.
    No tolerance and understanding to working moms.. Impossible to get day off.
    Stress and pressure .
    Chances are you will never hear "good job" even if you work hard to get impossible done. Very low salary.. Your really got to be desperate to accept their HQ offer.. Contractors get much more reasonable pay than employees.
    Targets are very high

Advice to Management

Don't think you will ever understand how to run a business

"Excellent learning Experience with highly motivated and intelligent professionals."

Former Employee - Technical in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical in Edison, NJ

I worked at V Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong teamwork. Affable staff. Interesting projects. Overall exceptional experience.

Creative problem solvers abound here. The company values seem spot on...a trait often missing in the corporate sector these days.

Cons

Sometimes direction from above was lacking, might be due to the self-starter expectation. But this is a minor concern.