V2soft Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
V2soft CEO Varchasvi Shankar
Varchasvi Shankar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good company to learn technical skills, especially for freshers (in 8 reviews)

• top management full of dumb people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • micro management, you literally have to give every minute report to manager (in 2 reviews)

• No one care for you here, even you are going through and emergency situation (in 2 reviews)

1. "Technical illustrator"

Former Employee - Technical Illustrator in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Illustrator in Troy, MI

I worked at V2soft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was sooo nice.

Cons

Only got paid twice per month. Hard to budget.

Advice to Management

To pay every week.

2. "I have been working at V2Soft Pvt., Ltd – Full time (More than 9 years)."

I have been working at V2soft full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, growing fast, lots of opportunities!
    The employee can make their visibility very easily.
    Right from top management to Junior level everyone have equal rights and can express their views.
    Good company to learn technical skills, especially for freshers.

Cons

We're growing fast, so we have a lot of the usual problems that come with scaling quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Great team, great culture, and great eye for talent!

"Developer"

I have been working at V2soft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only one I can think of as a technologist. You get the chance to learn a lot.

Cons

1. Upper management/HR personnel make claims they do not live up to.
    2. Weekend, nights and holidays are all game since you accepted the salaried position.
    3. No compensation for extra hours.
    4. Do not accept highly technical position if you are reporting to a project manager. Chances you will not last beyond the contractual life of the project are in the 100% range. That could mean a short lived visit or a couple years down the drain.
    5. PMs at V2Soft still believe they are programmers. Upper management will not listen to you and your opinion or grievances will be ignored.

Advice to Management

The likelihood of my advice being taken is null so I would be wasting words.

"Typical Indian consulting firm"

Former Employee - Java Architect in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Java Architect in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I worked at V2soft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Typical Indian consulting firm.
    Pros: none.

Cons

No hike, or career growth.
    Very poor management.
    You are in the company for life of the project, and can be fired anytime, without notice.
    During recruiting, you will be told that the projects are long-term, even for short projects.
    Very poor administrative staff.

"For Learning purpose is good"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I worked at V2soft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. You can learn lots of things from v2soft
    2. you can explore your-self with a diff diff tool
    3. Employees are good and helpful.

Cons

1. No hike
    2. Management level is very poor
    3. HR is communication is very bad
    4. Management are demotivate employee
    5. No free hand , poor administrative
    6. Without any reason they fire employee

Advice to Management

1.Need to explore more and more new technology.
    2. Maintain good relationship with employee

6. "Excellent Company to work for !!!"

Current Employee - Manager in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at V2soft (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work culture, lots of fun company sponsored events
    Good projects to work on, keeps pace with the emerging technologies
    Management always encourages to better ourselves at what we do and provides a clear vision for career advancement
    CEO & the management team is very young and dynamic. Their passion , dedication to the work & energy level rubs on to the entire company and everyone is motivated to work here and do better for themselves as well as for the company.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Good work culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at V2soft (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting and diversified projects. V2Soft involves employees in all aspects of the company.
    Provides plenty of opportunities to add skills and to progress your career.
    The company provides great opportunities to the employee and provide required support to succeed
    Good Benefits, excellent team and motivated staff.

Cons

Nothing as of yet. Nothing to complain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. There has been an amazing growth there over the years.

8. "Great Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at V2soft (More than a year)

Pros

The base compensation is appropriate & commission structure is excellent.
    Staff and employees very helpful and always willing to lend a hand
    All the employees are fun to work with, and passionate about their work.

Cons

A lot of room for process improvement
    Legacy Clients

9. "Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Leader
    Current Employee - Senior Leader

I have been working at V2soft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aggressive and agile company, High energy and positive management, Great career path for employees, Fun employee outings, Friendly team to work with, Customer focused, Goal-oriented, Profitable and growing organization with excellent benefits and working condition.

Cons

Fast paced environment to meet customer needs.

Advice to Management

Good luck to CEO to continue to grow V2Soft and for continued success.

"Horrible company to work for; stay far far away"

Pros

The only pro is meeting other people who were duped just like you with false promises during the interview process. There are good people there, and when you all realize how horrible it is, you can work together to find someplace else to go.

Cons

I still have PTSD from my time at V2Soft. Besides meeting some really great people, ther is nothing good about V2Soft.

1) Management doesn't trust any employees to the point of open hostility. Like any company, you have a badge to enter the building, but at V2soft, you ALSO have to use your badge whenever you LEAVE, such as at lunch or going home for the day. Management says "it's for security reasons" but you learn quickly that, no, it is because if you only work 8 hours, they will reprimand you.
    You read that right--8 hours a day/40 hours a week (for SALARY) employees is considered slacking. You might be a salaried employe, but you will be treated as if you punch a clock without the benefit of paid over time.

2) when I was there, one of the favorite meetings management would call was to gather all employees into the largest conference room and they would go around the room and tell everyone what a horrible job they were doing. You were not allowed to defend yourself. The goal was to personally humiliate every employee in front of their peers.

3) if you were "caught" having a conversation with a coworker that was not strictly work related, you were reprimanded about it and told to "break it up." You could be talking about the weather and it didn't matter.

4) you might get told about "bagel day" each week during the interview process, but what they won't tell you until you hire in is that a list is made with each employee's name on it and when it is your turn you have to buy bagels for the whole office. If you cant afford such an expense it doesn't matter--your name is left on the list and it is up to YOU to explain to all your coworkers why you can't afford to buy bagels.
    If you are embarrassed to do that, well then that is the reason they do that--hoping you will feel too embarrassed to tell complete strangers about your financial difficulties and will get the bagels no matter what. That way they can tout it as a "perk" without saying that it actually isn't.

4) management will tell you you are stupid while offering little training. Although I had 14 years of experience in my profession, after just 3 weeks of "training" (I was given a .wav file to listen to that was poorly recorded and could not ask any questions. That was my training) I was reduced to tears by management for my "stupidity" over my lack of "V2soft" processes. When I pointed out that the only SOPs I could find (because I was trying to be proactive to teach myself the job) were more than 10 years old, she didn't care.

In all my career, I have never, ever, experienced such a horrible company. If you are considering a job at v2soft and desperately need a job, do yourself a favor and deliver pizzas, ANYTHING except work for this company. Wait til you find something else. I wish when I got my job I had checked this site before hand, it would have saved me the nightmares I still have, even months after I finally quit.

Advice to Management

Stop posting bogus positive reviews here and actually DO something. When I was at v2soft, there was about a 50 percent turnover. More have left since. I would not be surprised if by the end of this year literally everyone I worked with has quit. It would only take 2 more employees quitting to reach 100% turnover and I know both of those last two are actively looking.