VectorUSA Reviews | Glassdoor

VectorUSA President, CFO David Zukerman
David Zukerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great environment, great potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vector has a very diverse portfolio and a "can-do" attitude. We employ very intelligent people that have a great attitude and a desire to be the best. With the right guidance, the growth potential is incredible.Benefits are comprehensive and generous, pay is good, and growth opportunities are ample. It is a challenging and fast paced environment and not for everyone. I look forward to a long and prosperous career with Vector.

Cons

As with any company in transition, there are growing pains. Some of the staff are resistant to change, and can be challenging. It is a challenging and fast paced environment and not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes to the future and trust the people you've hired to get you there.

2. "Getting better all the time..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vector continues to expand their business and makes a concerted effort to stay current in our industry. There are many long-term employees that foster the family feeling as we grow. There are some great people here with so much knowledge and experience to share. We know we are not perfect and we are looking to improve.

Cons

We could do a better job with employee communication and share more about where we are headed.

Advice to Management

Let us know where we are going and how we can better execute your vision.

3. "VectorUSA, Flexibility and Entrepreneurship"

Current Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management promotes a very entrepreneurial environment. This company believes on growing talent the core values are built around " you will earn your position, noting will be handed to you" Management does a good job pushing you out of your comfort zone. Lots of room for development and growth but you have to work for it, no hand outs here.

Cons

Focus on accountability and team work.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us to be better, Trust your leaders.

4. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Telecommunications Technician in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Telecommunications Technician in Torrance, CA

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

VectorUSA has experience in various divisions of the telecommunications industry and there is unlimited potential for career growth within the company.

Cons

A technician will get shuffled between projects and will get lost among other experienced techs and will not get recognized by their accomplishments. Among this shuffling you will be expected to perform other tasks that are not related to your scope of work, i.e. Telecom tech doing AV or telecom tech doing access control surveillance.

Work is beginning to look scarce.

Advice to Management

Recognize the potential of the technicians.

5. "Project manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work my own hours

Cons

Vacation time is not great, no 401 k or other benefits without paying out of your own pocket

Advice to Management

Need to praise great employees. Yearly raise or bonus. Scheduling work needs to be more on a "more type of order". Using the same employees while sitting others out is not good. You loss employees this way.

6. "VectorUSA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Since coming onboard at VectorUSA I have been very fortunate to have been exposed to many opportunities allowing me to expand my knowledge and advance my career within the organization. My experience is that VectorUSA has a lot of good people who really care about what they do and those they work with.

Cons

VectorUSA is not unique in that it has, as all organizations do, room for improvement. I do believe that ownership is proactively working to identify these opportunities and actively looking for solutions to improve the overall Vector experience.

Advice to Management

Continue the current trend. I see positive change and am optimistic about the future of VectorUSA and it's employees.

7. "Very Good Company"

Former Employee - Site Lead in Torrance, CA

Pros

Stable Work easy to get along with coworkers.

Cons

Very Little cons easy going work enviroment

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. If you like to be in a poor quality bully environment, come here. They put you in a position to leave you to fail

Cons

The senior staff likes to get school projects to milk them dry...their support is non existing, if you like mediocre, then this is the place.

Advice to Management

Get some professionalism and don't be a bully.

"Never had a better career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment that makes you feel like family!

Cons

The only con is that for what this business can do we should be a much bigger company but were working on that!

"site lead"

Former Employee - Site Lead in Torrance, CA

Pros

I am glad to say I worked for vector for 14 years and I think I was very fortunate to find such an outstanding company, I enjoyed every moment working at vector, although I only new one of the owners to talk to Jeff Zukerman, I was always aware of the open door policy available for the staff, working in the construction industry it is well known there are times when there is little work,and people have to sit at home, but I know from first hand the company go out of there way to keep everyone working, I would still be working for vector but I retired at the begging of August.I was very happy to retire but very sad to leave all the great people who work at vector.

Cons

I am very happy to say I do not have any thing to say in this section

Advice to Management

keep on doing what you have been doing since the company started, I know it is a very competitive industry, but I have always said that the owners at vector are very smart people and will keep the company busy.