VectorUSA Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company
    The people are passionate
    The company cares about you

Cons

It's a tough business
    Sales cycles can be long (but rewarding)

2. "Good IT Company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, intelligent, great employees that will to do what it takes to take care of the clients needs. Company stands behind what it sells, has integrity. Great clients and resources available for growing the company.

Cons

Upper management- overworked and given too many responsibilities to oversee too many business verticals which cause issues in areas of the business that aren't part of their expertise. Management has a tight grip of control that causes a struggle to keep up with other technologies that are not part of the IT side of the business it represents. Sales team really doesn't know what we sell, there is no real structured on boarding process for sales. Not enough training, on boarding, for new employees. Management wants you to own it, but don't give you the keys to drive it.

Advice to Management

Delegate work to management that fits their job skills, invest in hiring more management so the company can grow in other areas efficiently. Have a little more trust in the employees you hire, especially the employees that go above and beyond their job responsibilities. Get out of your offices and start speaking with the people that keep your company in business and ask them of their ideas of how to better the business. Tell your employees they are doing a good job and thank them.

3. "Solid Company"

Former Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Install base. Great partner relationships. Involved ownership. Solid service and technical teams.

Cons

Lack of progressive sales and marketing initiatives.

Advice to Management

Take risks, compete harder. Drive the sales organization. Cut dead wood.

4. "AP Specialist"

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management. Great Coworkers.

Cons

Lots of assignments that might not pertain to the job title.

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Lead Cable Tech in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Cable Tech in San Diego, CA

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work, great leadership, great benefits. Easy place to work for the most part.

Cons

internal politics, favoritism, and generaly a lack of seeing potential in employees and lack of ability by some to delegate responsibility.

Advice to Management

Give the people who have worked tirelessly and chance to lead a team of they’re own, also dont play office politics to keep good employees from reaching they’re full potential.

6. "High Paced Environment with a Fun Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA part-time

Pros

Great culture. The Sales team has opportunity for high growth and coming to work is never a drag. The management team looks to develop you and set you up to win.

Cons

The inner workings of the company are difficult to get a hang of. Need a better onboarding process to educate people of the proper processes and practices.

Advice to Management

More transparency to individual contributors and set clear expectations on what you are looking for.

7. "Great Company... Awesome People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture!
    Good work / life balance
    Ability to make a difference and have a say in how things are done
    Opportunity to learn and keep up with newest technologies
    Strong integrity and "customer first" mentality
    Company pays for and encourages training/certifications

Cons

Need to expand office space or move to a different bldg. Growing really fast.
    I would like a little more vacation days, but overall the amount of time off is pretty good if you include sick days.

8. "Loved the San Diego branch!"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator/Sales Administrative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator/Sales Administrative in San Diego, CA

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s been a few years, but loved the General Manager at San Diego office! She was a true role model and very good at boosting the team up! Her employee appreciation efforts made all the difference! The team I worked with was amazing and I miss many of them.

Cons

I only left because of the commute. I would have stayed much longer if I lived closer to the office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Truly appreciated the recognition of hard work!

"Great Place to Work at...if you LOVE being YELLED at"

Former Employee - NOC Analyst in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - NOC Analyst in Torrance, CA

I worked at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Kaiser and Anthem HMO are free to you, as long as you're single and have no dependents
    -People are some of the most knowledgeable in the industry and most are a joy to work with
    -Get paid weekly
    -They put you in a position to learn, and you can really gain a lot of knowledge because they throw you into the fire

Cons

-HMO + PPO is ridiculous if you have dependents, Vector pays you every week, so they take something like $80/paycheck for an HMO just for a dependent. Don't even ask me how much the PPO costs with dependent
    -Vesting Schedule is ridiculous for the 401k. They match $0.10 for every $1, but you won't take those all 10 cents until 6 years.
    -There is no way you'd rate Vector 5 Stars unless you're an officer or partner of the company, just look at the fake reviews on here
    -I would have to drop what I'm doing as a NOC (critical situations with external customers) and help out one of the owners and partners purchase a new iPhone...ridiculous
    -The training is non-existent, not really the fault of the employees, but more so of management failing to create the proper workflow and knowledge transfers. Don't expect to be onboarded properly--IT WON'T happen.
    -Turnover is ridiculously high in the IT side. Their knack for retaining talent is horrible. Within the span of 1 year, I saw so many people come and go, I thought I was at a train station.
    -So much micro-management going on, you end up being frustrated and take home the frustration with you.
    -They throw you into the fire (see pros up above)
    -Change Management is not existent from the internal network side for vector. Management would just institute changes and deal with the outcome the next day. How about a heads up?
    -We had Office365 licenses, and then they were taken away because I'm assuming the company was being cheap by not wanting to pay for the licenses
    -CAMERAS! There are more surveillance cameras here than there are at a pharmacy for crying out loud. Ownership has an infatuation with looking at people on camera that work for THEM for some reason, not just because they sell the equipment and services to it. This doesn't foster and environment of trust.
    -Mistakes aren't encouraged, they're dealt with and frowned upon. I've heard so much yelling, including an incident where there was yelling by a manager and the entire floor heard it with new hires being on boarded that week! My body literally responded by being in a "Flight or Fight" response.
    -Management tends to blame the lower employees for "poor results" instead of looking at the processes in place (or lack there of) and looking at themselves.
    -Bonuses were a joke, we didn't get one. It was $170 before taxes for the entire year of 2016. Ridiculous. Just call it a stipend.

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap and invest in your company infrastructure and people! Look at my cons and do something about it.

VectorUSA Response

Dec 8, 2017 – Digital Content Coordinator

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback. We are disappointed to learn your experience at VectorUSA was anything less than positive. We always strive to improve our employees’ experiences, as... More

"Getting better all the time..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VectorUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vector continues to expand their business and makes a concerted effort to stay current in our industry. There are many long-term employees that foster the family feeling as we grow. There are some great people here with so much knowledge and experience to share. We know we are not perfect and we are looking to improve.

Cons

We could do a better job with employee communication and share more about where we are headed.

Advice to Management

Let us know where we are going and how we can better execute your vision.