Visionary Integration Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Visionary Integration Professionals President and CEO Jonna Ward
Jonna Ward

Pros
  • Very nice and helpful HR personnel (in 2 reviews)

• So, we are now in Reston with a wholly owned subsidiary called Meridian which is the product company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is terrible and doesn't listen to middle management (in 7 reviews)

• High turnover in upper-management (in 4 reviews)

1. "Making A Difference"

Current Employee - Principal Technical Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Principal Technical Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Visionary Integration Professionals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

VIP has good benefits and employs top-notch employees whose main objective is to effectively collaborate with their clients to deliver the highest quality of services.

Cons

As with most technical jobs, balancing your home life and work (especially if you travel) can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for advancement by allowing and/or grooming its consultants to migrate into other areas.

2. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Visionary Integration Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice and helpful HR personnel.

Cons

Payroll is horrendous. Consistently late, claims of "check was lost in mail", sending you new check.

Advice to Management

Pay your personnel on time. Improve payroll department. Pay issues erode morale and trust.

3. "OK company but ask a lot from their staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Will let you manage your own work and provide opportunities for advancement provided you work very hard and bring in new business.

Cons

Expect you to work on other activities such as business development, not a lot of training provided, and you don't get to interact with other employees very much. Bonuses are very difficult to get if you aren't supporting new business development.

Advice to Management

More opportunities for training of staff, clearly expectations for when bonuses are given, and additional opportunities for employees to get together.

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Visionary Integration Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Progressive, forward thinking, and empowering.

Cons

Working on a government contract is not always a great place.

Advice to Management

Work with the government to give contractors better job security, allow for some on boarding training related to the customer.

"Policy: No Raises"

Former Employee - Proposal Writer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Proposal Writer in Reston, VA

I worked at Visionary Integration Professionals full-time

Pros

The line workers and line managers are great. The office has plenty of light. There are occasional potlucks and birthday celebrations. There are massage chairs.

Cons

No raises (not even COLA), no bonuses. I was doing proposal work, where there is traditionally a token bonus for a win - not at VIP. The company has NO loyalty toward its employees - I was laid off as soon as they hired someone with questionable skills, but who was younger, cheaper, and not disabled, despite my manager opposing the change. They instituted flex-PTO, where the days off are theoretically unlimited, but there is no accumulated PTO to be carried on the books. And theoretically unlimited PTO depends on getting permission to be out - permission that is frequently denied. Upper management is terrible and doesn't listen to middle management.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to work-life balance as a positive, not a negative. Listen to line managers. Retire Jonna Ward to a purely advisory position. Stop assuming that the only worthy employees are ones half-dead with overwork.

"Proposal Manager"

Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Visionary Integration Professionals (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefit package. Company recruiter and HR staff very

Cons

Poor management, high turnover, cold work environment, no clear vision articulated to employees. Company is a revolving door; employees are hired and fired and let go at a fast pace. Employees also leave after short periods of employment. There was always a sense of fear among employees that they would be next. Drone-like work environment and very resistance to new ideas for fear of “push back” by senior leaders.
    The company seems to keeps blinders on about the problems it has and this review, like so many others in the past, will be followed by a planted review about how great the company is.

Advice to Management

Consider using best practices to manage the company and change the culture of fear that exists. A company's greatness is directly tied to their ability to retain staff and effective leadership styles. This company fails to do that and until they grasp that they will continue to have high turnover and marginal results. The fact that the CEO can not identify or perhaps endorses the poor climate in the company speaks volumes.

8. "Insurance Instructor/Entrepreneur/Sales Producer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Visionary Integration Professionals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love teaching, instructing others on subject matter of any kind.
    Love entrepreneurial ventures

Cons

Sales Producer positions have lower pay, commission structures

Advice to Management

Pay your employees well. Respect your employees. Do not micro manage people.
    Encourage to build up your employee, not tear them down.

"COOL Side Benefits!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Visionary Integration Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So, I've been here a while. They moved their formal corporate offices from California to Reston Virginia. They closed down the office in Alexandria. So, we are now in Reston with a wholly owned subsidiary called Meridian which is the product company. I've honestly never been to a company where there is SUPER COOL bene's like these.....First, a massage chair! A game room where you can play video games! They have this super cool high level coffee machine which makes amazing coffee! It blows Starbucks away! LOL. The office colors and decor is very trendy which is a LONG STRETCH from what it used to be in Alexandria. The next stop on the metro will empty out in our parking lot which is very cool for me because my commute from the city is kind of hard. Alexandria was easier for me. I can't wait for the metro.

Cons

They changed their benefits package which made thing MUCH better than last year but the price of healthcare is skyrocketing. It is still expensive. Additionally, VIP is a contracting firm so that means you're working to fill the needs of the customer. Whatever the customer wants we do it. If this is the life you want, this is a good place as I've worked for four other contracting firms. Just know it is a contracting firm.

Advice to Management

Try to keep making positive changes. Sounds like you're on the right path.

"Horrible company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Visionary Integration Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about this company is the challenge offered by the client contract and the people I work with

Cons

Employment with this company requires signing an employment agreement. You get to do this on your first day on the job, so it's not like you could decide not to sign the contract. After all, you already moved on from your previous company so you are caught between a rock and a hard place. The only choice you have is to sign the employment agreement or be without a job. Read and understand this document carefully. The company will not hesitate to use it against you in legal matters. There are many people around me who have been fired only to learn that it was for paranoid reasons. The company will have their lawyers send you a nasty threatening letter if they think you are talking with current employees about the reason for your dismissal. I have talked to them and know these people from previous jobs with other companies.
    Do not use social media (LinkedIn)to share anything about your job with this company. If you are looking for a job, be careful where you post your resume. VIP regularly monitors certain job boards to see if any of their current employees are looking. Beware, they will approach you and remind you of your obligations under the signed employment agreement. The company has had many court cases with former employees and turnover here is high. They use the excuse that it is the nature of the business (contracting), But the real reason is the divisive manner upper management uses on employees. The assumption is never in favor of the employee. Anything suspect is automatically thought to be an intentional act of the employee against the company. No effort is made to communicate or to understand the issue from the employee standpoint. I've seen employees with over 7 years experience with VIP to be fired. My conversations with them afterwards indicate that there was an assumption made about the employees action without consulting or having a conversation with the employee. BE WARNED

Advice to Management

Stop being paranoid. Stop the threatening letters from senior management or your lawyers, Treat your employees as the valuable asset that they are. Their work allows the company to bill the client and make money. Communicate with employees, talk to them before considering firing. You may find out something totally different.

11. "Not a bad place, but very dynamic turn-around"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Visionary Integration Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice staff, for those few you get to know.
    Convenient location in Alexandria, Virginia, as well as to Metro - one of many offices.

Cons

Always felt as it was an impersonal office. By that I mean you never really got to know anyone, as everyone seemed to be going in different directions, working on different contracts. Very little camaraderie.