Found 4,660 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about WSP
Got a burning question about WSP? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with WSP employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and very knowledgeable in their work." (in 323 reviews)
- "Good work life balance Good OT for site works and nights" (in 168 reviews)
- "good benefit and supports from the team" (in 134 reviews)
- "Colleagues are nice and willing to teach" (in 131 reviews)
- "Team are great and very experienced" (in 123 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to competitors and you have to jump through hoops to get any sort of rise." (in 234 reviews)
- "Poor management.. no help is given when needed.. cold blood environment.. no time for family." (in 146 reviews)
- "Low pay and appears HR are on the side of the executive management rather than the staff" (in 120 reviews)
- "No bonus and hard to move up in company" (in 57 reviews)
- "managers do not let you have any say in your assignment even if you are experienced candidate." (in 55 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of WSP and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Dec 2, 2023Senior Electrical EngineerCurrent Employee
Organized and easy to communicate with peers and the leadership.
Inflation compensation is inexistent. Today's salary is not sufficient. No recognition for efforts performed on projects and mentoring young engineers.
- 2.0Nov 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDurham, NC
Decent pay, fairly diverse workload, hybrid position
Performance solely based on utilization (working on projects), even if you don't have enough to work on or there isn't enough budget for projects. Bullying wasn't taken very seriously. A senior scientist I had to work with regularly made unprofessional comments and put others down instead of teaching and encouraging. Felt pressured to not speak up. Very short notice to travel for fieldwork, sometimes for a week at a time. Often uncertain of schedule. Lack of appreciation and recognition for work.
- 3.0Nov 22, 2023Electrical EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTroy, NY
The work is fine. Like any other design firm. Working at a large company has it drawbacks.
Top heavy management style. People don't really care about the "4 pillars" of WSP, I just gotta get work done.
- 1.0Nov 26, 2023Staff Environmental ScientistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Diego, CA
Coworkers are enjoyable but all commiserate together
Poor wages and benefits They like to tip toe along the edge of violating federal labor law and ensuring you get paid the least amount of money to boost profits
- 3.0Oct 2, 2023IT DirectorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsEphrata, PA
WSP is a highly advanced engineering services company with lots of very smart and talented people. The global and regional leadership are confident and talented and they work hard to be honest, fair and open to employees
Keeping talent in the services area continues to be at the root of the issues faced by the organization. The people and the work of design engineers is outstanding, but the support structure from HR, Legal, IT and more is hampered by hard line budget constraints and questionable global IT leadership. There is a lot of effort around diversity and inclusion, however the executive groups are heavily slanted to non-ethnic groups.
- 3.0Nov 14, 2023Environmental ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTallahassee, FL
Time flexibility, hybrid position, and merit raises.
Not compensated enough for the amount of work that is produced
- 4.0Nov 13, 2023City PlannerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Exposure to a range of projects, opportunities to move up
Too many people siloed into their own work.
- 4.0Nov 11, 2023Consultant, Environmental EngineeringCurrent EmployeePhiladelphia, PA
Good culture. Competitive pay. One of the better consultants for good environmental projects.
Typical large corporation with hoops to jump through to get anything done.
WSP Reviews FAQs
WSP has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 5,388 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at WSP to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
73% of WSP employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WSP 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.