WSP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WSP

2.7

Assistant Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WSP (Lawrenceville, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Quite long, talked to 3 different employees who all had different questions. They each talked with me for an hour about different projects the company does, and asked about experience with things on my resume.

Associate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Very laid back with not many questions about related coursework, but relative experience with previous internships. Multiple employees sat in the interview which seemed overwhelming at first, but they were very nice people.

Interview Questions

• Related computer skills? (Autocad, microstation?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WSP.

Interview

had interview on campus. got invited to an onsite interview. There were several parts- case interviews, excel, fit. they also provided lunch. it took about 3.5 hours, including lunch. with one exception, everyone was very nice. There were several people there interviewing, half went before lunch, half after.

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WSP in February 2017.

Interview

There wasn't really an interview process, you take a test and pass an extensive background check. The only thing is the background check takes time and you have to be scheduled to come and sign documents.

Interview Questions

• I dont remember there being any questions, as there wasn't really an interview.   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WSP (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

During a disaster deployment if you apply they will call you. You must be ready to drop everything and travel to an on-boarding site. there you will be given paperwork to fill out, direct deposit forms (have a cancelled check with you), direct deposit info for your bank, two forms of government issued ID, information of your past for a detailed and multi-day background check. A fingerprint session will be carried out a government facility. Have enough cash to sustain you for at least 3 weeks in a disaster area before they reimburse you.

Interview Questions

• No real questions except cannot have a criminal background. It is under most of the government hiring guidelines as a government contractor.   Answer Question

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WSP in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter asking for a date to fix a conference phone interview with the assistant vice president and the senior vice president of the traction department.
    It was a phone interview, but the fact that it was with the head of department was nerve wrecking. They talked about the company for 10 mins and talked about the position and job. In my opinion it went very well, but they barely asked me anything. They asked me to talk about my projects at school since those were more relevant to the job requirements. I was hoping they asked me more questions about my work experience or basic interview questions.
    The interviewer told me that someone will get back to me by the end of the week definitely after they discussed it over and from the tone they seemed very positive. But no one contacted me and I ended up emailing after two weeks for updates and the recruiter emailed me back saying they are moving forward with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• talk about your school projects, where do you see your self in your career, tell a little about self.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WSP (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

An informational phone call, when we talked about the activities I would be doing in the position, and the logistics of it. We went through a powerpoint presentation on the company

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at WSP (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was my best interview experience ever.
    There were 3 people in the interview panel. They made entire experience tension free. It was more like a discussion. I just had one round of interview and it went up to 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How will you fit in this position based on your experience?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WSP.

Interview

Very simple phone interview. Incredible group of people. Really made working fun. They asked about what I wanted to learn, and what I could give to the company. I found out a little more about what the company did, didn't do much research as I probably should have. Really enjoyed my time there.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WSP (Aurora, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Only asked questions pertaining to how past job experiences could aid in making yourself a good candidate for the job. Then one had to basically be able to explain how they add value to the business.