Workspace Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Workspace Group CEO Jamie Hopkins
Jamie Hopkins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Most unpleasant employer I have worked for."

Pros

If you have no alternative at least you’ll be able to pay your bills, avoid if at all possible.

Cons

I worked for them for 15 months, they treat many of their tenants very badly, harassing them quite aggressively if they’re late with their rent. My first line manager was extremely foul mouthed and uncouth, he was often borderline racist when dealing with some tenants, he would change their unit locks and block access to their livelihood for fairly petty reasons. He had been there for about 5 years, despite many complaints about him, the company did nothing, eventually he stabbed them in the back and left at very short notice. His replacement was an absolute gentleman, a young Hungarian chap, very pleasant and efficient. He did not like the dog eat dog atmosphere he had to endure, he experienced some harassment from the hierarchy and resigned after about 5 months. On to manager number, a wolf in sheeps clothing, this guy was in many ways worse than my first Workspace Group manager, his only good was that he didn’t swear and scream like the first savage I worked for. His line manager was a complete slime ball, he promised me bonuses on two occasions and managed to worm his his way out of honouring them both, I lost almost 2k, I appealed to HR and that weasel CEO Jamie Hopkin, a more conceited and arrogant ego maniac I have yet to meet, without success or sympathy. My line manager also conned me out of my pay rise, it would have been worth 1.2 k. I reported numerous health and safety concerns to management, many fire safety related, the response was poor, at best. Many of Workspace Group sites were/are infested with rats, early mornings was often like a scene from a horror movie on some sites. I was eventually sacked, I guess I was seen as a troublemaker, how dare I complain about health and safety failures and aggressive, foul mouthed racist managers. A month after I was sacked my latest manager resigned. I tried to bring an unfair dismissal claim against Workspace Group, my solicitor thought I had an excellent case, unfortunately my length of service was under two years and therefore could not proceed, I was devastated! Workspace Group sold me a dream, however, it turned out to be a nightmare. Hey, who knows maybe it was all my fault??

Advice to Management

I don’t know where to begin, I met some lovely people working for Workspace Group, but they were mainly dreadful human beings, their only motivation is profit and their own career advancement. Perhaps Yoga would help to chill the workforce?

2. "Centre Manager"

Former Employee - Centre Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Centre Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Workspace Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced and exciting role. Plenty of interaction with clients and management. A great place to pick up experience. If you're planning a RICS or BIFM qualification, this is the place to start, and the good news is that management will back you all the way.

Cons

A lot of "balls to juggle". Be prepared to put in the extra hours, but do expect to be rewarded for success.

Advice to Management

Encourage staff to pursue property related courses or qualifications. Get the colleges around to present their curriculum.

3. "Working at Workspace"

Current Employee - Head of Security in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Security in London, England (UK)

Pros

Working in a friendly,positive work environment with colleagues who have a can do work ethic.
    The business is proactive in its decisions an then acts on them at pace

Cons

The diversity of the business center portfolio make it difficult to apply any level of standardisation of policy's.

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing as it is building a strong and profitable business where people will want to come and work.

4. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Workspace Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair pay + excellent perks

Cons

Not a great location for head office

Advice to Management

Only staff who are seen to make money but not actually very good at it get remunerated very well and favoured. Management need to appreciate the other real hard workers sometimes
    Its a case of them and us. Not great for morale.