WorldView Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "I recommend it"

Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Omaha, NE

I worked at WorldView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Friendly team
    - Fridays (beers and group activity)
    - Challenging environment
    - Flexible timing
    - Benefits

Cons

- Training (it seriously needs to be improved)

"Bad Experience"

I worked at WorldView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Casual dress code
    - Will hire entry level, but it will be a tough go. Large amount of turnover due to lack of training and structure.

Cons

- The bad reviews are all correct. Do not believe the good reviews. At one time we were told by management "write a good review on Glassdoor. If you cant then you need to come talk to your manager" It felt like a threat.
    - Complete lack of organization at all levels.
    - Management uses deceptive tactics.
    - Total lack of leadership and support from managers. They only want to protect themselves.
    - Witch hunts, company team meeting public shaming, and lack of accountability runs rampant.
    - Oncall requires near constant monitoring of issues in your off time for free.
    - Poor technical infrastructure. Constant issues that are only fixed with band-aids.
    - No leadership at any level.
    - Massive turnover leads to constant production issues.

Advice to Management

- This company has been on a downward slide for the past five years. Quit being deceptive to employees.

"There is no hope for this company"

I worked at WorldView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Blissful ignorance for the first few months.

Cons

Where shall I begin?
    *compensation is not worth the amount of time you work (unless you are upper management or a serious brown-noser)
    *the lowest paid employees are expected to know the most and be on-call constantly
    *managers have no idea how to manage
    *nepotism and sexism runs rampant with extreme denial following in its footsteps
    *don't bother trying to change process because you will not get any backup from your manager on it
    *laziness is rewarded while hard work is taken advantage of
    *passion is seen as attitude
    *customers are given shotty products that are half baked and only fixed when they practically threaten to leave
    *communication between departments and from upper management is non-existent
    *when communication is given out it is either to publicly humiliate or criticize
    *there is zero communication to customers when a problem occurs unless a customers calls in about it
    *management gives the company fancy vagaries and buzz words on how to improve the company, but cannot follow through on execution
    *training is "sink or swim"
    *documentation is "maybe if I feel like it"
    *if you excell at all prepare to be put on a pedestal until the next bright and shiny thing comes around

Advice to Management

Why bother, you wouldn't listen even if I did.

"Career growth for motivated people"

I have been working at WorldView full-time

Pros

You don't need to have education or experience in technology to start at WorldView. If you're motivated to learn technology and want to be the master of your own impact on a small company, then there are opportunities abound. Personal growth can happen at a lightning fast pace and it can be overwhelming as a result. You experience new things everyday and your success is really in your own hands.

Cons

Structure training is limited, and you'll have to be resourceful and outgoing to be successful. The people are helpful and there is more documentation and training resources now than in the past. But you have to be fearless in diving into something you haven't experienced already and be able to navigate through it with assistance. It can be uncomfortable, but you're better off in the long run because you've gained valuable experience.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of new management that are experts in their field but new to WorldView. Continue to pick your spots and visit the trenches.

"DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at WorldView full-time

Pros

I honestly cannot think of any. I guess the pay would be good and they offer benefits.

Cons

I was put through an extensive interview process that took up alot of time and then in my lunch interview, i was told that the culture of the company was stolen from Netflix? I should've run, but didn't. I started work on a Monday and was told on Friday that a big deal did not go through and they were letting people go and the girl who I took her position was being demoted back into my position so they had no position for me. WHAT????
    You don't know about a pending "big deal" prior to hiring new people? That is such bad business. I turned down other offers to take that job and those other offers had been filled by the time I got let go. It is interesting to me all of these bad reviews. What a horrible reputation this company is getting.

Advice to Management

Learn what Integrity means.

"Suffering is only the beginning"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Flexible work hours (you will work more than 60 per week), great Co-Workers (mostly ladder climbers, and back stabbers), benefits ( you will need it for your blood pressure issues from working here), the place could be on fire but and they will not have a nickel to spend in the right places, but they will buy you a standing desk...

Cons

Tom gives the feeling of a cult leader, the rest of the "Knights of Camelot" director board confuse me, its almost as if they are trying to break the company. If you under perform at a high level job function you get put on the notty list and are forced to sit in the middle of the room with the proletariat's, yet they will not cut your pay or fire you if you are at VP or director level. However they will place the blame on the people breaking their backs to make the company work, and fire them, then deny unemployment... yes they do it to all employees don't feel special its their unspoken policy. They have no HR so good luck trying to defend yourself if issues arise, and have a bit of do as I say not as I do mentality. From what I hear the infrastructure is held together by one person, who covers everything and they just let him go. The management seems to think more management is the answer to everything .

Advice to Management

Pray one of the employees doesn't report you for violations in compliance, and before that happens sell the company and be happy you made what you did. Maybe somebody to can handle responsibility of providing jobs and letting people thrive could do something better.

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at WorldView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to leave at the end of the day.

Cons

Meetings are pointless, everyone is lazy and tries to pass around work. Entire company seems like the lowest of the low employees. I worked here for a couple months before moving on and only took it because I just moved to the area and took what offered me a gig first.

Advice to Management

Hire a new CEO. Tom can barely lead a weekly meeting let alone a company. He may be have a learning disability that needs addressed. He keeps pushing a book about good habits for life, which seems like something he picked up from an NPR podcast or something. The entire company is circling the drain and losing clients and rather then look internally and figure out what can be changed, they blame every one else and just demand more from the lowest level who employees who care the least. The turn over is very high and that alone should let the management know something is wrong.

"Don't do it!"

I have been working at WorldView (More than a year)

Pros

There is not much to mention. All good things for employee morale are stripped as a punishment. Can't call that a "pro"...

Cons

Negative, dictatorial environment. Plan on never being able to contribute a unique thought. Expect an abusive situation from senior leadership, bc everyone is afraid of the leader of the company. No HR department, and with horrible management, who can you trust? No one.

Advice to Management

Overhaul leadership including the top level.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at WorldView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid. Some opportunity to work with nice people, if you can tolerate upper management and handle the long hours and lack of organization.

Cons

They don't truly care about the people who make things happen - there is no loyalty, it's all about making money and driving people to work harder and perform at higher levels. You are forced to study the 7 habits book like a religion. Overall, avoid it as per other reviews.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings instead of machines would be a great place to start.

"Company Cannot Handle Growth"

Pros

FAC's with beer and ping pong
    Small intimate environment where you become friends with co-workers
    Co-workers, Co-workers, Co-workers!!!

Cons

President/owner involved in every aspect of business
    Micromanagement by entire management team
    No flexibility for work at home
    Unreasonable work expectations (i.e. 60 hours or more per week)

Advice to Management

Hire a true CFO to run financials and help company expand properly. President needs to take a step back from day-to-day and focus more on strategic endeavors. More flexibility for work from home and family time.