WorldView Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.1
Tom Hassenstab

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Career growth for motivated people"

I have been working at WorldView full-time

Pros

You don't need to have education or experience in technology to start at WorldView. If you're motivated to learn technology and want to be the master of your own impact on a small company, then there are opportunities abound. Personal growth can happen at a lightning fast pace and it can be overwhelming as a result. You experience new things everyday and your success is really in your own hands.

Cons

Structure training is limited, and you'll have to be resourceful and outgoing to be successful. The people are helpful and there is more documentation and training resources now than in the past. But you have to be fearless in diving into something you haven't experienced already and be able to navigate through it with assistance. It can be uncomfortable, but you're better off in the long run because you've gained valuable experience.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of new management that are experts in their field but new to WorldView. Continue to pick your spots and visit the trenches.

"DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at WorldView full-time

Pros

I honestly cannot think of any. I guess the pay would be good and they offer benefits.

Cons

I was put through an extensive interview process that took up alot of time and then in my lunch interview, i was told that the culture of the company was stolen from Netflix? I should've run, but didn't. I started work on a Monday and was told on Friday that a big deal did not go through and they were letting people go and the girl who I took her position was being demoted back into my position so they had no position for me. WHAT????
    You don't know about a pending "big deal" prior to hiring new people? That is such bad business. I turned down other offers to take that job and those other offers had been filled by the time I got let go. It is interesting to me all of these bad reviews. What a horrible reputation this company is getting.

Advice to Management

Learn what Integrity means.

"Suffering is only the beginning"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Flexible work hours (you will work more than 60 per week), great Co-Workers (mostly ladder climbers, and back stabbers), benefits ( you will need it for your blood pressure issues from working here), the place could be on fire but and they will not have a nickel to spend in the right places, but they will buy you a standing desk...

Cons

Tom gives the feeling of a cult leader, the rest of the "Knights of Camelot" director board confuse me, its almost as if they are trying to break the company. If you under perform at a high level job function you get put on the notty list and are forced to sit in the middle of the room with the proletariat's, yet they will not cut your pay or fire you if you are at VP or director level. However they will place the blame on the people breaking their backs to make the company work, and fire them, then deny unemployment... yes they do it to all employees don't feel special its their unspoken policy. They have no HR so good luck trying to defend yourself if issues arise, and have a bit of do as I say not as I do mentality. From what I hear the infrastructure is held together by one person, who covers everything and they just let him go. The management seems to think more management is the answer to everything .

Advice to Management

Pray one of the employees doesn't report you for violations in compliance, and before that happens sell the company and be happy you made what you did. Maybe somebody to can handle responsibility of providing jobs and letting people thrive could do something better.

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at WorldView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to leave at the end of the day.

Cons

Meetings are pointless, everyone is lazy and tries to pass around work. Entire company seems like the lowest of the low employees. I worked here for a couple months before moving on and only took it because I just moved to the area and took what offered me a gig first.

Advice to Management

Hire a new CEO. Tom can barely lead a weekly meeting let alone a company. He may be have a learning disability that needs addressed. He keeps pushing a book about good habits for life, which seems like something he picked up from an NPR podcast or something. The entire company is circling the drain and losing clients and rather then look internally and figure out what can be changed, they blame every one else and just demand more from the lowest level who employees who care the least. The turn over is very high and that alone should let the management know something is wrong.

"Don't do it!"

I have been working at WorldView (More than a year)

Pros

There is not much to mention. All good things for employee morale are stripped as a punishment. Can't call that a "pro"...

Cons

Negative, dictatorial environment. Plan on never being able to contribute a unique thought. Expect an abusive situation from senior leadership, bc everyone is afraid of the leader of the company. No HR department, and with horrible management, who can you trust? No one.

Advice to Management

Overhaul leadership including the top level.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at WorldView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid. Some opportunity to work with nice people, if you can tolerate upper management and handle the long hours and lack of organization.

Cons

They don't truly care about the people who make things happen - there is no loyalty, it's all about making money and driving people to work harder and perform at higher levels. You are forced to study the 7 habits book like a religion. Overall, avoid it as per other reviews.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings instead of machines would be a great place to start.

7. "No room for growth"

Pros

There isn't much good to say about the company. The employees were good to work with and semi-collaborative.

Cons

Management seems to be very uncoordinated. Uncommunicated changes, adding new customers etc. Very little investment to the technology infrastructure. Yearly bonus is based on company wide performance indicators that are relatively impossible to meet. Work-Life balance is almost non-existent. Almost the entire company is expected to function as a 24/7 on-call including the system administrators, account managers, CSRs/Help-Desk, etc. There is frequent weekend work that is required.

This isn't necessarily a con for everyone, but it was for me, the company does have a religious and conservative attitude. It was particularly frustrating for me, I don't personally mind someone's beliefs, but I come to work to work not to discuss politics or religion. Those topics are reserved for those that appreciate them properly; friends, family, etc.

Advice to Management

Work on collaboration, setting a plan for weekly, monthly, and yearly goals, and then executing that management plan.

"Culture shift in progress"

I have been working at WorldView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great for a company of this size. Pays well, too. The employees are all very smart and self-motivated (they have to be or they wouldn't get hired here.) Everyone has to take an intelligence test before they even get interviewed so they weed out quite a lot of people with that. Pretty collaborative environment. Nerdy in the best possible way. Beer on Friday afternoons. Lots of changes being implemented to try to make things run smoother and improve communication on all levels. Employees get free lunch a couple times a week at lunch and learns and snacks catered on Fridays. Free fruit and cheese in the breakroom all of the time.

Cons

The reviews are true - there is no formal training for your job at WorldView. You have to be willing to dig through a bottomless shared drive to find any documentation for how to do your job, but if you're willing to do so and ask questions for things you can't find there you'll survive. The formal training that is given is completely unrelated to your position with the company - a super long power point about culture and a group-led training on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. You'd better participate in them, though, or you would have no idea what anybody is talking about. They use buzzwords from the book in casual conversation all of the time. The average tenure is less than a year but they've also grown by like 50% in the last 18 months or so, so take that with a grain of salt. Turnover is slightly concerning but not like a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Let the managers manage their people and trust they will make good decisions for the company as a whole. Just because somebody has a different idea than you doesn't mean their idea is wrong. Continue to work on opening the lines of communication and really consider the ideas and opinions from the front-line workers. And for crying out loud, we shouldn't have to wear business casual at a technology company unless there are clients in the office.

"Company Cannot Handle Growth"

Pros

FAC's with beer and ping pong
    Small intimate environment where you become friends with co-workers
    Co-workers, Co-workers, Co-workers!!!

Cons

President/owner involved in every aspect of business
    Micromanagement by entire management team
    No flexibility for work at home
    Unreasonable work expectations (i.e. 60 hours or more per week)

Advice to Management

Hire a true CFO to run financials and help company expand properly. President needs to take a step back from day-to-day and focus more on strategic endeavors. More flexibility for work from home and family time.

10. "Great Learning Experience Everyday"

I have been working at WorldView full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday is a new learning experience. Nobody will ever throw a rock at you if you don't have a knowledge about something. Everyone is very helpful and supportive. Working at WorldView you can learn as much as your brain can store and some more if you willing to.

Cons

Any job has its routine but when you learning things everyday it gives you perfect opportunity to exercise your brain and improve your skills.