KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WorldView Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2022

Found 53 of over 54 reviews

2.3
WorldView President  Matthew Moore (no image)
Matthew Moore

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A place to learn and grow

Jan 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to learn and advance your career WV is the place to do it. There are multiple avenues you can explore and opportunities you can take advantage of. Be willing to look for those and don’t wait for them to be handed to you. You will be rewarded. The people are what makes WV a place where you want to come to work.

Cons

There are cons. WV can be mentally and physically exhausting, and there will be days that you will want to throw in the towel. It’s definitely not for everyone.

WorldView Response

President

We appreciate you sharing your experience with WorldView. I truly believe we have some of the best employees and agree they are a big part of what makes WorldView a great place. If you'd like to provide any additional feedback, please email us at hr@worldviewltd.com. - Matthew Moore, CEO, WorldView

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunities possible, but buyer beware

Mar 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

The lengthy hiring process weeds out a lot of potentially great candidates, but those who make it all the way through tend to be really high-quality individuals that you will really enjoy working with. You will be given the chance to work with some really interesting technology that, while niche, can lay a great foundation for someone looking to build their career. WorldView's customer base, like any, is needy at times, but they're also some of the most forgiving and gracious customer bases out there. They know what they need their product to do, and simply want things to work without too much hassle. WorldView's product, while (again) very niche, creates a ton of value for customers, so you always get the feeling when you're helping people that you're helping provide a really beneficial service that makes peoples lives easier in unexpected ways.

Cons

Lack of professional growth drives people away. The company has a very flat hierarchy meaning you will need to find satisfaction within your role quickly, because the opportunities for advancement are rare, and even with advancement you will eventually hit a cap where the only place to go is into the executive team, which is only a few people. Every employee is only a few "ladder rungs" away from the president of the company. Lack of training makes the onboarding process a nightmare for new people. This may have changed in the few years since I left, but in the entire time I worked at WorldView, there was never any kind of robust training program. All training was ad-hoc and on the job. New team members are given little to no instruction in the business side of the customer base, making it difficult for new employees to understand the needs of the customers. Because the software is so niche, most new hires are coming to WorldView with no experience in how it works, and the lack of training means it takes most people a year or more to understand even some of the basics. There is no concept of work/life balance in the company. For a company that prides itself on treating its employees like family, they have no problem calling you up on your day off or on holidays and expecting you to come in to work, and because you are a salaried position you get no overtime pay. (example: an outage event transpired over Thanksgiving one year and half the company was called in to work, with some working for 40 hours straight without a break. The company failed to put into place safeguards to prevent the issue from happening a second time, which it did, leading to yet another multi-day outage.) Management is practically non-existent for most employees, so you will need to get used to being expected to do your job to the fullest degree possible with little, or no, oversight. What management you do have will likely not know much about how you perform your job, and as such will be unable to assist you in most cases when you encounter problems. You will be forced, then, to rely on the assistance of team members and of other departments to keep things running smoothly. The company does not put its employees first. Many employees are underpaid, and the benefits are not the greatest, even for a company their size. They charge rock-bottom prices for their services, which means they do not have the revenue to support the appropriate number of staff that they should considering the number of customers they service. I was present when the company was sold away from its founder, Tom Hassenstab, to a venture capitalist firm and we were told that the sale of the company would result in "tremendous opportunities" for WorldView. The only result most people ever saw was a hiring freeze and a the elimination of their 401k company match.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

High standards, but good people

Mar 24, 2020 - Solutions Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Responded to COVID-19 promptly! They had everyone working from home practically as soon as it hit Nebraska. If you learn best by doing something, you will learn a ton here. Lots of room for growth. High turnover means lots of openings if you can survive the burnout. Great people, all smart, and most are helpful. Tom Hassenstab is no longer directly involved in the company so you can ignore most of the negatives about him.

Cons

Rarely work under 40 hours, often work over 40, and NEVER get paid for over 40. If you are a subject matter expert on something critical that is down, you will be expected to drop your personal life to fix it no matter how long it takes. (think 30 hours of work on a weekend a couple times a year) High turnover rate due to burnout and high expectations without providing much assistance or training to meet those expectations. If you cant learn something after being showing it a few times, THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY FOR YOU.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not good

Aug 24, 2021 - Client Service Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its money, beats living in a box.

Cons

Misery. Leadership is immature. No career growth. Lies and cutthroat behavior

1 person found this review helpful

WorldView Response

President

I want to first thank you for sharing your experience with Worldview. We're sorry your experience with us did not match your expectations. As an employee who has been here for years and seen myself and others advance their careers here, I can say that there are absolutely paths to career advancement and we encourage those. If you wish to provide any additional feedback, we welcome it! We always strive to be better for our team. Please email us at hr@worldviewltd.com. - Matthew Moore, CEO, WorldView

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Oct 7, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had nice co-workers and atmosphere.

Cons

Pay was to low to continue working.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Aug 7, 2020 - Helpdesk Technician in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work with our customers.

Cons

Not given enough credit for the job before us.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful people, but very fast paced.

Mar 30, 2020 - Implementation Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

- There are a lot of great people within this company which does show there is a lot of heart to be had. - The president is a wonderful individual who keeps the best interests of individuals at heart. - They are constantly striving to further improve the environment and overall day to day workflow. - This is a very transparent company

Cons

- There is little to no training. - Not an ideal learning environment for those wishing to get their foot in the door.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

They are posting false reviews on here there are review dates and time when no one has left recently

Jul 21, 2020 - Client Services Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job opportunity if you are trying to break into the IT field

Cons

No training or real organization, Company is dying due to lack of training and knowledge base.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

They coax you into writing good reviews.

Apr 16, 2020 - Senior Software Developer in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay but it won't last long. If you're lucky your next job will be impressed if you made it for a year.

Cons

When I worked at worldview I enticed by the large raise they offered me. I questioned them about their glassdoor rating but they said that they were working to change their culture and fix some of the problems they had. I didn't realize that the culture they had and trying to impose is what their turnaround problem was about. When I started there they had a 7 month average turn around, a year later I was one of the more senior staff and they still had a 7 months turn around. What's most damning about this company is that they know and pay attention to their glass door reviews. Every so often they try to get their relatively small staff to write a review. On glass door alone you would think they were a large company with so many jobs open. But they are not, it is totally self imposed because they fire and hire so much. I have never in all my 12 year programming experience seen a company that had a 7 month average turn around. The environment is so chaotic that it promises that any good worker will smarten up and leave. This would leave only those who have no where else to go. Sure the staff works hard and takes the stress in stride but no one who is worth anything will stick around unless they get paid well. But really it won't be long till they get enough experience that they can match the pay somewhere else and get less hours. Projects are going to bomb because no one knows anything including your supervisor and if you are the ground boy you will get blamed. I've seen people lose their families here, partially due to the long hours, and then they fire that very person. One person had 3 years with the company and was the main person the staff sought help from but then fired him because they "no longer needed someone with their skillset." Then they make up things about you to get you to quit when your supervisor needs you out lest he will be fired. My wife still gets scared everytime I call her during the work day. It reminds her of those calls I had to tell her I had to work late or work over the weekend or I had to tell her I was fired. And by the way, I wish I could withdraw my previous review that rated this company with five stars when I was new and asked to do so. It's been a couple years now, and I friends from there where we all discuss worldview like war veterans do. None of us, have experienced anything like it since.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Keep scrolling and don't stop here to apply. Hands down the most toxic environment I have ever seen.

Jan 7, 2020 - Systems Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is ok. You can drink on Fridays for social hour. After a week here you will need it trust me.

Cons

You will work weekends, sometimes every weekend. There is no team work, its all about who to point fingers at. They sell products that arent ready yet. No training. No job security. No work life balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews

WorldView Reviews FAQs

WorldView has an overall rating of 2.3 out of 5, based on over 54 reviews left anonymously by employees. 28% of employees would recommend working at WorldView to a friend and 34% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -16% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WorldView employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WorldView. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

28% of WorldView employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WorldView 2.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.3 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WorldView to be benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with WorldView Job Seekers