YPrime Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2020

3.4
YPrime CEO Shawn Blackburn (no image)
Shawn Blackburn

"Overall a Great Company"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at YPrime full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Work schedule and environment Love my boss and team Pay is good Nice office Benefits premiums are great

Cons

Overall the company is great and wouldn’t want to work no where else however, I think the issue with passing the growing pains stage is as follows: The Project Managers, Analyst needs to have better communication with the Developers. It’s seems that some Developers don’t even know the infrastructure of the clinical trial they are on and when speaking with the Project Managers they usually don’t either. I think the software should be one basic software that’s offered to clients and then add “special features” to each clinical trial that works for that particular client. This impose cleaner data, better and clearer communication across the whole organization not just some. Another issue I see as well is the clients for the most part has the say in how the trial is ran with the software but I think it’s need to be YPrime doing this. We are the company with the control right?

2. "Good Company"

I worked at YPrime full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned IRT was a major plus

Cons

Just long hours due to tight deadlines

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Malvern, PA

I worked at YPrime full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved the people at YPrime, the work-life balance and the new building is awesome.

Cons

Tough industry with difficult demanding clients.

"Software developer"

1.0

I worked at YPrime

Pros

Benefits and pay are good

Cons

Hopefully remains the worse company I've ever worked for, a purely negative experience I'll never forget. I wish I could go back in time and read the negative reviews, because none of them seem to be resolved, no matter how many years old they are.

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Malvern, PA

I have been working at YPrime full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Very flexible work environment. Opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

Tight Timelines. Needs to hire better IT Project Managers

July 18, 2019Director, Talent & Employee Experience

Thank you for your review of YPrime! Thanks to our employees, we were recently voted a Philly Best Place to Work and are so happy that our benefits such as a flexible working environment and our newer learning and development team are making your time with YPrime enjoyable. We continue to work on fine-tuning our hiring process and creating execution efficiencies in order to streamline our projects. Please feel free to share any specific ideas you have with TEx or your manager; we would be curious to hear them. And we have to agree, our people are the best!!

"RUN away! Don't walk away. RUN."

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at YPrime full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, benefits, people are nice

Cons

This company claims to be a software company but has no idea how to properly produce software. They claim they are Agile but thier managers can't define the term. They think EVERYTHING is a developers job. They expect you to work 60 hours per week and deliver when they tell the client YES to EVERYTHING. Their best and brightest .Net developers don't know about architecture, and can barely use entity framework. The code is a mess with coupling between the service and UI layers. I could go on all night.

July 12, 2019Director, Talent & Employee Experience

While we’re disheartened to hear this feedback from a current employee, we truly appreciate your candor in voicing your concerns. We understand that we have areas to improve and are always working hard to do so. We have been implementing new tools, processes, training and recruiting practices, and we’ve added new roles/leadership committed to learning from the past and improving on a daily basis. We encourage you to continue to provide us with constructive feedback and to partner with leadership to problem-solve and make suggestions you might have for continuous improvement. Our doors are always open!

"Great place that feels like home"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Malvern, PA

I have been working at YPrime full-time for more than a year

Pros

YPrime is a great company to work out, the management team has a great path forward, but at the same time, working to keep a small company, fun place to work culture, despite rapid growth. Amazing benefits for a small company, and great co-workers. Office politics don't exist here...

Cons

Tight working space due to rapid growth, but company already planning to move to a larger space.

July 18, 2019Director, Talent & Employee Experience

What wonderful thoughts; thank you for sharing with us! As the company continues to grow, we really aim to keep that ‘small company’ feel and are glad that is coming through. We have some more great ideas coming in the future. We're looking forward to sharing our new, upgraded Malvern office space with you and the rest of the team in just a few short weeks!

"Software Tester"

Software Tester in Malvern, PA

I have been working at YPrime for less than a year

Pros

Work From Home and very nice people.

Cons

Dealing with rapid growth is a challenge.

June 3, 2019Director, Talent & Employee Experience

We are so glad you are using the benefit of working from home! At YPrime we really believe that a balanced work and personal life will lead to happier and overall more successful employees. We agree that dealing with rapid growth is a challenge so are currently working on implementing additional training programs, increasing transparency in our communication, and building change management skills in our team. Our L&D team has created a robust New Employee Experience Training (NExT) program from scratch that we were able to implement at the end of 2018 and continue to expand/refine. We are hoping this will allow new YPrimers to acclimate more easily and provide them to tools and knowledge needed to ramp up quickly!

9. "Yprime"

I have been working at YPrime full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers and atmosphere. Pay is good and bonuses are given. They seem to promote and allow employees to move within the company frequently. Benefits are good. Same quality benefits as my last job where $200 or so was taken out of pay and it’s around $10 here. They listen to employees advice and make changes to improve things based on what employees say.

Cons

They say yes to every client request. Which can create extra work and having to work extra hours to meet deadlines.

June 3, 2019Director, Talent & Employee Experience

YPrime has worked hard to create a collaborative work environment, where our employees feel recognized and rewarded for high performance, so we’re glad to hear of your positive experience. We’re also proud of the robust, cost-effective benefits package that we’ve been able to put together and offer our employees. Going forward we will continue to evaluate and make improvements! We are committed to balancing client needs with YPrime’s internal capabilities, so we’re in the midst of making many improvements across the organization with how we sell, scope and manage work to ensure that we’re not setting anyone up for unmanageable situations.

"The Outlook is Great!"

4.0

I have been working at YPrime full-time

Pros

-Smart and collaborative coworkers -Good balance of professionalism and flexibility -Working on products/services that make a difference in the world -A leadership team that has great intentions and wants to continuously evolve and improve the organization -Non-hierarchical, open door feel at all levels -Takes and acts on employee feedback -Growing quickly, so lots of opportunity for career development and advancement -Great benefits - fully-paid health insurance option, 401(k) with match, company paid dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, unlimited PTO and flexible work arrangements (no set business hours; work from home ability) -Family-oriented - values work/life balance -Focus on client engagement and building true partnerships with clients -Recent improvements with overall organizational communication and transparency

Cons

-The company is growing rapidly, which results in frequent changes (not bad change; just inevitable with this type of growth) -Changes haven't been managed all that well historically, but there are definite improvements happening in this area -There's been a lack of formal training and onboarding, but with the filling of some new roles, the company has learning and development as a top priority for the rest of 2018 and beyond -The company has gone through some ups and downs in the past, which results in a bit of lingering insecurity, but with the current growth, success in the market, and strength of our pipeline, the company's future looks brighter than ever

June 3, 2019Director, Talent & Employee Experience

Thank you for all of your great feedback! We really strive to create a great culture at YPrime and are so happy to see that there has been success there. There has definitely been a lot of change here in the past year tied to our rapid growth. As you identified, we have onboarded some key players that are filling major gaps, and the L&D team has built an onboarding program that focuses on getting new hires up and running quicker than ever before. Your insight has been valuable! We’re really excited about the future of YPrime, and we hope you continue to provide feedback so we can continue to make appropriate changes and updates.

Found 29 reviews