What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good pay and they work with your schedule" (in 98 reviews)
- "The benefits are good and the overall compensation package is attractive." (in 98 reviews)
- "Many good people work there they just don't get what they need to be successful" (in 46 reviews)
- "Good salary, benifits are great." (in 16 reviews)
- "Money is good and benificial" (in 15 reviews)
- "Poor management and Unorganized" (in 57 reviews)
- "3) Upper management does not respect front line supervisors" (in 33 reviews)
- "long hours no planning and baby sitting grown ups" (in 30 reviews)
- "pay isn't great, no pension," (in 22 reviews)
- "If you are somewhat efficient, management will drop extra work on you because they know you can get things done while the less proficient supervisors do the bare minimum with out repercussions because the company just wants a body there regardless of if they work." (in 16 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of YRC Freight and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 995 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Jul 29, 2023ClericalCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
With the Teamsters Union, pay is good and benefits are excellent.
In an effort to save money, bc Yellow squandered a $700 Million load 2 years ago, which was fraudulently received from the US Govt, Yellow Freight (YRC) is trying to propose Union contract changes that will decimate some Union Jobs, and violates Dock and Driver Contracts across the board, as they are asking that Linehaul Drivers work their own freight at the Docks, violating existing Dock positions & contracts. Furthermore, they offered an $11.00 pay increase to all Teamsters, if the Teamsters would agree to these Contract modifications. The Teamsters called their bluff, and agreed to negotiate with Yellow (YRC). The Company backed-out, stating that they could not afford to pay the $11/hr increase, which would have brought YRC union employees current with ABF Freight's rates. Yellow has not made a payment to the Central States Health & Welfare Fund in 2 months, stating that they are broke, and currently owes $50 Million to the Fund. When the Teamsters threatened to Strike due to their potential loss of Insurance & Pension, Central States extended Yellow's $50M payment another 30 days, to save Yellow and their Union employees' jobs. Yellow is now threatening to file Bankruptcy. Yellow (YRC) threatened bankruptcy in 2008/09 and forced employees to take a 15% pay reduction plus 2 weeks of vacation lost in order to save themselves, then Mgmt gave themselves hefty bonuses. If this is the type of Company you want to work for, be forewarned.2
YRC Freight Reviews FAQs
YRC Freight has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 1,011 reviews left anonymously by employees. 30% of employees would recommend working at YRC Freight to a friend and 17% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
30% of YRC Freight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated YRC Freight 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.5 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.