YRC Freight Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 94 of over 94 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at YRC Freight

YRC Freight

Application

I interviewed at YRC Freight

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter for a few minutes to determine experience qualifications, then spoke to another for about 30 minutes. Most of the interview was about my prior experience, and little about the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how your current role will help you succeed here
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2021

Interview

Was called for an interview. Notified them of my availability, which was wide open for their convenience. Never was provided a date/time and received a generic email about a week later telling me I wasn't moving forward.

YRC Freight

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight in Mar 2021

Interview

Fairly straight forward 10 minute phone interview. Questions not that difficult. The interviewer spout out all this information extremely quick about the position (almost as fast as those commercials where they spout out possible side effects of a medicine). I'm thinking they did this in hopes I didn't catch something. One of the things they said super quick is that it is full time, but there's no set schedule and you're on call. Major turn off for me because you can't really plan out things outside of work.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2021

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. Ask questions about can you get along with dispatch and how important is that. Describe the job duties and benefits package. Union position and benefits and scheduling process. Very detailed on the job and benefits. Goes over equipment what experience you have and endorsement your have. Must have all three endorsement to obtain this job.

Interview Questions
  • How do you get along with other people ?

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in Jan 2021

Interview

very easy process go in and talk to tm and that's it. then fill out application online and wait. then they will call you and then drug screen and physical .and then start a week later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

YRC Freight

Application

I interviewed at YRC Freight

Interview

Very easy. Knowledgeable Information. Easy process from start to finish. Well organized and the person doing the interviews was nice and friendly and he seemed to understand the ins and outs of a dock worker position. Not someone who just sits behind a desk all day.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any problems working overtime?

YRC Freight

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight in Nov 2020

Interview

I first had an initial screening phone interview with a recruiter. She then sent me an email asking me to fill out the application for the job (before the recruiter just reached out to me via LinkedIn). I did that and then she asked me for a virtual interview which I accepted. A few days before my virtual interview, my roommate had gotten COVID. Because of this, I had to go get tested myself and then figure out a different living situation. I sent a message to the recruiter explaining my situation and asking to reschedule. She did not answer me, so I sent her an email. Still no response. I ended up sending another email and a message to her on LinkedIn before finally giving up because she never responded to me. It is extremely rude to ignore someone who wanted an opportunity for a job position. Especially under the circumstances in which I had to cancel my interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is one thing you might find challenging coming into this role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Austin, TX) in Sep 2020

Interview

Applied online. Heard from recruiter in less than a week. Phone interview will take 15-30 minutes. Standard questions that any large carrier would have. Recruiter then setup interview with local hiring/terminal manager. Manager send like a good guy to work for and straight forward about expectations and current working conditions which correctly included long hours due to demand. I was slightly disappointed I didn't get a call to cancel the interview since it was a 30 minute drive. The driver who was going to be leaving his current role decided to remain a few hours prior to my interview. I was interviewing for the slot he was going to be vacating. On the same note I did get a good feel for my management and it was positive.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

YRC Freight

Application

I interviewed at YRC Freight

Interview

I applied on indeed and was invited per email to Apply on company website. Everything has been extremely professional and smooth. I have enjoyed every conversation I’ve had with everyone at this company.

Interview Questions
  • What was your previous work experience

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, KS) in Aug 2020

Interview

Had a phone interview with the team manager then a video (during COVID) interview with 4 other team managers. Received a job offer after that interview. Whole process only took about 2.5 weeks

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Interviews