YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I had a phone interview with the Manager. He offered me an opportunity to attend a training seminar for the position. We discussed several options to work for the company. I have left my options open at this time, but I would like to train and work for this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• What are your people skills and what languages do you speak?   1 Answer

SQA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with couple of team members. Each team member has prepared their own questions. Duration: 50 minutes
    In-person interview divided by two parts: 1:1 interview with team member and 1:1 interview with project manager. Duration: 1 hour

Interview Questions

• Describe what the Test Case is and what it is purposed for   Answer Question
    • What would you do in case of resistance from the development team side?   Answer Question

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They call me two days after applied.
    Showed me some safety videos. How to operate a fork lift,showed me the terminal, trucks.and c get home business just joined just 8 8 I used it just occurred in it on my name means.

City Driver/Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called and did a phone interview which went went very well. That person set me up with an interview for a person to person at the Bakersfield Ca yard. I was there on time and had to sit and wait 20 minutes interviewer was unprepared and I really didn't ask me any questions about myself only told me about the company and then walked me to the exit door. Said that he had other interviews to do and would call me at the end of the week. I have not heard from him since 4 weeks ago tomorrow.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very inviting! The person that interviewed me was great. She had a welcoming vibe. Her questions was based on my work history. She started off with what the job entailed and the Company as a whole. He vibe help me open up more an become relaxed while interviewing.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Savannah, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick very detailed manager was very understanding knew that all i needed was an opportunity to show what i can do easy process to learn just take time and practice to learn the job which can make things alot easy it seems like a lot but once you find your rhythm its easy and the day goes fast if you jump right to your task

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Took only one interview to get a job offer that followed a drug test and background that took over a month because the HR system is flawed. Started with no heads up on what to expect or wear or anything like that.

Interview Questions

• No real tough questions, interviewer was really just trying to see if you could follow instructions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating take it or leave it offer.

Operations Trainee Interview

Interview

was told I was hired before ever asked a question. The majority of the interview was him describing the job to me and telling about all the bad things about the way the company operates and how different it will be from what I was used to. Then asked me about 5 questions with the last one being do I still want to work here.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

The process was quick and I interviewed with several levels in the same visit. While first interviewing with the Human Resources representative, I then met with various managers and team members. I was also shown around the facility and was made to feel comfortable in the surroundings. Offer was made in a very short time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, but be prepared to share your experience and ideas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward without the need to drag it out over weeks.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

Very nice interview process, meeting with several leaders from different business areas. Met with potential peers, individual contributors and senior leadership. Great overview of organization up front which is not typically common.

Interview Questions

• Based on your knowledge of the role, what do you think the most important quality of a manger should be?   Answer Question