YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.2

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I had a phone interview with the Manager. He offered me an opportunity to attend a training seminar for the position. We discussed several options to work for the company. I have left my options open at this time, but I would like to train and work for this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• What are your people skills and what languages do you speak?   1 Answer

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They call me two days after applied.
    Showed me some safety videos. How to operate a fork lift,showed me the terminal, trucks.and c get home business just joined just 8 8 I used it just occurred in it on my name means.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

Very nice interview process, meeting with several leaders from different business areas. Met with potential peers, individual contributors and senior leadership. Great overview of organization up front which is not typically common.

Interview Questions

• Based on your knowledge of the role, what do you think the most important quality of a manger should be?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Last from July 15 thru mid November. I was a "finalist" after 4 interviews. I had other offers pending, they took an additional month after I was a finalist to send form notice I was not chosen. They would not return phone calls or emails. Very unprofessional behavior from District and Regional Sales Managers.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

A technical phone interview was conducted to ask questions on Java, Javascript and Spring framework. The hire manager would introduce himself and asked some general questions and projects done in the past and technologies used. Then he would introduce the rest of technical interviewers and get you ready to answer their questions. Those interviewers are pretty nice and respectful. They won't put any pressure on you if you can't answer it. Most of those questions are basis, but some of them are hard.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by corporate office in Kansas City after applying online. The person was professional, courteous and helpful. Outstanding effort on her behalf. Definitely a quick process. If you meet the basic requirements for the position, they will go above and beyond to help you get in the door.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in shifts and ability to work odd hours.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Easy standard questions - asked some about sales metrics, work history, types of sales closed, salary requirements & bonus structures - also went over insurance. Seemed like a good company to work for - concerns about financial stability & future of growth of the company & sales. Lots of traveling

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very inviting! The person that interviewed me was great. She had a welcoming vibe. Her questions was based on my work history. She started off with what the job entailed and the Company as a whole. He vibe help me open up more an become relaxed while interviewing.

ASD CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Toledo, OH).

Interview

Submitted resume and filled out online application. Was contacted by email and provided with more details about the job and asked to reply if able to commit to those requirements- for example working on-call and evening shifts. Afterward was contacted by HR to fill out forms. Was invited to office for an interview (make sure you can find it's location) and a skills test. The office is very casual attire. I think nice jeans or khakis and appropriate shirt like a polo would be fine for the interview. The computerized skills test looked for your typing speed & accuracy and attention to detail in numbers. I didn't reach the required typing speed, but was still hired. After the skills test, met with office manager and she showed on her computer what the work I would be doing looks like. Was asked if wanted to continue with job offer. They then gave forms to fill out and had to do a drug screening test at a medical office in town (yuck! - I don't like public restrooms used by both male and female for urine testing- disgusting). After submitting online forms to HR, received details about attending a paid 3~week training session. Training session seemed so difficult to learn. It took a long time to stop feeling bad and wondering if I was entering bols correctly. If you meet their production goals after the probationary period, then they hire you.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Or what are your goals over the next five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Road Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Jackson, MS).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was rather painless if you had all your ducks in a row, you have to have all endorsements: hazmat, doubles,tanker plus at leastt 1yr VERIFIABLE experience... they set up a phone interview to ask you to tell them about yourself as a person, to basically find out if you are competent and everything else is basically done through email, your W-4, and direct deposit and background consent paperwork...

Interview Questions

• They asked me to briefly talk about my past employment history   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation phase