accesso Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Steve Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "accesso Supervisor"

Pros

Opportunities for bonus based on sales for season. Positive outlook within company. Good managers.

Cons

Not available for this position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive attitude and give more responsibilities to those that work for you!

accesso Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

It 's not everyday that someone asks for more responsibilities in their work and we can't promise that this will or won't happen, but we do so appreciate your your energy and drive!

2. "Window of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at accesso full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the team and the many opportunities to experience an array of different fields.

Cons

Time consuming and doesn't leave much freedom to self.

3. "Great place to build a career"

I have been working at accesso full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team, food, outings, work, variety

Cons

work life balance can be difficult

Advice to Management

Be open to change

"A true technology company complete with ups and downs."

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - UI Engineer in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at accesso full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and work environment. I have made some of my best friends here in just over a year. The business is growing so quickly that space is getting tight, but I don't see that as a negative. It just means more help for me.

Team lead positions and above have fairly autonomous responsibilities; engineers also have the opportunity to speak up when we have an opinion or idea we'd like to discuss. Everything moves quickly (we are Agile), so if you can't keep up you will lag behind on your work.

Cons

We are growing quickly and innovation can get lost in the shuffle if we don't maintain appropriate levels of staff. Yeah, the space is tight but I'll take that any day to make sure we continue to get to work on cool things. Peak season is always crazy and you can guarantee we will work longer hours.

Advice to Management

Don't let us tread water - continue to take care of your employees as you have been, spend the necessary money on additional resources and tools to address any gaps in our current technology and business. Fun Fridays mostly make up for the craziness of our peak seasons, but a personal thank you from execs and senior management will also go a very long way. As we continue to grow (which I know we will), don't get so stuck in processes and "stuff" that you forget common sense in how to conduct business and never forget the little people.

5. "Great company with a fantastic culture and product"

I have been working at accesso full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a fast-growing company with great products and amazing talent.

Cons

Typical growing pains resulting from rapid growth.

6. "accesso Siriusware - Fantastic company culture"

I have been working at accesso full-time

Pros

The team. I cannot say enough good things about the people I work with. Everyone is approachable (even at the highest executive levels) and these are some of the best talents in the business.

Benefits. I've had better health benefits (read: lower premiums higher coverage) at other employers, but the overall benefits package including PTO, 401K matching, telecommuting, annual bonuses, and several others is hard to beat.

Work/life balance. Our management team is adamant that we maintain a good work/life balance. We can be flexible with our schedules as needed, are encouraged to turn off emails/calls after-hours, are not expected to put in unnecessarily long days/weeks, are given the option to make up days off in the instance we have to work on a weekend or holiday without using PTO, and are always encouraged to alert management to situations if we ever start to feel burnt out or need additional resources to save our sanity.

Telecommuting. Not all of the accesso divisions offer this, but it is the foundation of how accesso Siriusware functions. I wasn't sure if I would be able to adapt to working from home full-time, but now I can't imagine going back to having a commute. It's not for everyone, and it can have its drawbacks (I find myself talking to my dog way too much). We have an annual get-together in Taos, NM every summer so we get the chance to see all of our teammates. It's always an entertaining week.

Small company inside a bigger one. As a division of accesso, we gain access to things many smaller companies would not have. There are currently 6 divisions within the company, which means there are opportunities to move around or change career direction without leaving the parent company of accesso. Simultaneously, we operate largely as an independent entity so it still has the feel of a small/medium business rather than a large international one.

Our clients. This might sound funny, but we actually have some pretty awesome clients. We service the entertainment/hospitality industry, and there are some great people working in those fields. Of course there are exceptions, but they are few and far between. Most of the accesso Siriusware Client Services team are former clients themselves, which I think speaks very highly of the Client/Vendor relationships we maintain.

Cons

Career growth within the division is limited primarily as a result of the division's size. If you work for a small/medium company, this is par for the course. The opportunities exist, but are less available than what you would see at a larger company.

Lack of internal training materials. They are taking steps to address this, but there are some significant gaps in "learning how to do your job" type documentation or easy to understand documentation to learn how the software works if you have no prior experience with our systems.

Lack of face-to-face meetings. This is the flip-side of telecommuting. I have found that decisions and reaching a consensus can take far longer as a result of communication being limited to emails, IMs, and phone calls. Sometimes locking a bunch of people in a room for 2 hours is far more effective. You also miss out on the more personal relationships that come with sitting down with someone or stopping by their desk to discuss an issue. To be clear, I wouldn't give up telecommuting any time soon, but there is a downside to it.

We don't back-fill positions quickly. As with many small/medium companies, sometimes we find ourselves understaffed and back-filling positions is largely reliant on how the annual budget is shaping up.

"Client Solutions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at accesso full-time

Pros

Diverse employees. Approachable leadership.

Cons

Mediocre pay. On call shifts and 'load testing' were nightmarish. Also, micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Work life balance was TERRIBLE... If you're single, expect to be single. If you're married, expect a divorce.

accesso Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We pride ourselves in our service to our clients as well as internal team members and have restructured accordingly over the years in order to best support these two very critical parts of our... More

8. "Amazing place to work!!"

I have been working at accesso full-time

Pros

The culture here is truly amazing, they also have many opportunities for growth.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons!

"Great Company"

I have been working at accesso full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for with high profile clients. Perks of a large technology company, with a small company-family feel.

Cons

Lots of work, long hours and very demanding.

10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at accesso full-time

Pros

Supportive atmosphere with great benefits

Cons

There really aren't any, this is a good company to work for.