accesso Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Brown

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Team and Great Company Values"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at accesso full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent team who put themselves out there to help their fellow employees.

Upper management cares to prevent their employees from overworking themselves. I've been asked to slow down by upper management since they noticed that I've been voluntarily putting in extra hours throughout the weekdays and weekends.

The company has been growing nicely and is continuously growing.

I don't feel pressured when I'm in danger of not meeting deadlines due to unforeseen circumstances. Management understands that deadlines need to be pushed because of that.

I appreciate not being micromanaged when tackling the design and architecture of major projects.

The company also supports a great sense of culture with appreciation of employees that put in extra effort, weekly "themed" events during the busy season, and team building events.

Cons

Giving a clear understanding of how one can progress in their career within the company can be improved.

Need a better balance between developing new functionality and making improvements on legacy functionality.

Advice to Management

Follow through with the promises made for the future of this company. This will help lead to continuing growth and retaining current talent.

Continue to listen to your employees and work closely with them. This is a huge improvement over the years and I'd like to see this to continue to happen.

accesso Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for your input! We are constantly striving to improve and your feedback is very important in making positive adjustments for our collective team. You are appreciated!

2. "Flash Pass"

Current Employee - Lead in Jackson, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead in Jackson, NJ

I have been working at accesso part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great Pay
    -Nice hours
    -The management team is fun to work with

Cons

-Guests can be terrible, and will insult you.

Advice to Management

-Train team members how to professionally speak with guests

3. "Flash Pass Team Member"

Former Employee - Flash Pass Team Member in Jackson, NJ
    Former Employee - Flash Pass Team Member in Jackson, NJ

I worked at accesso part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting work environment, opportunities to grow socially, close coworkers, easy to get hours. will teach you customer service, free flash passes on your day off.

Cons

Guests will scream at you for things out of your control and it will get really hot in the summer.

Advice to Management

Listen to worker suggestions since they know what it's like to work with guests and work more closely with parks to offer excellent customer service.

5. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at accesso full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They take care of their employees and love their people. Not everyone will buy in to the culture and vision but those who do are rewarded with a great career experience. Competitive pay, modern office campus, great executive leadership, they know how to have fun and work hard

Cons

Some legacy processes and applications need to be updated

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! accesso's success speaks louder than the few negative reviewers

6. "Slavery at Accesso"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

Nice neighborhood. It is right on I-4. Great location.

Cons

I work long hours. Almost all 7 days. I am scared I get fired if I complain, Manager yelled at me several times for leaving at 5 PM. Attach was very personal.

accesso Response

Aug 17, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We take work-life balance very seriously and are concerned that any of our employees would feel this way. We have an open door policy and ongoing one-on-one feedback sessions; any leader here would ... More

7. "Fast and growing company that loves their employees"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Specialist in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Specialist in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at accesso full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company pushes and drives you to be the best you can be, while providing you all the resources you need to be successful.

Cons

Can't really think of anything bad to say. This company has it all.

Advice to Management

Don't forget to look within for advancement and new opportunities that arise. The company has a lot of great people within that already know the industry inside and out.

8. "Excellent Culture - Software Engineer"

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - UI Engineer in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at accesso full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting company with a great company culture. Management cares about their employees and understand that a comfortable environment creates quality of work. I constantly feel that I am part of a great team and a great company, where my work is valued and appreciated.

Cons

Can't say anything negative about the company. The only worry would be the fast growth for such a successful place. Trying to keep up with the work as we try to hire more people.

Advice to Management

Keep the importance of maintaining the culture with the employees and remember that we are all individuals and not numbers. Continue to do what you have been doing, grow with it, and success will continue.

9. "Fantastic company with lots of growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at accesso full-time

Pros

Innovative company with a strong motivation to be the best in the business. Management encourages every employee to take ownership of the work and makes sure we have what we need to succeed.

Cons

The hours can be long, but everyone pitches in to work together because we all believe in what we are doing.

10. "Great team and company"

I have been working at accesso full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the lack of micro-management in this company. I'm trusted to do my job to the best of my ability with minimal oversight and second-guessing.

The work environment is progressive with flexible hours (core hours are 10-4), free snacks and sodas, team building events.

Accesso hires people that are a good fit for the culture which helps maintain cohesive teams that work well together. It facilitates collaboration and it makes it so that I enjoy coming to work

Cons

9 hour days are expected. It's a bit of a challenge, but it's not uncommon for IT professionals to put in more than 40 hours per week.

Benefits could be a little better as I'm expected to pay for my medical insurance for the individual.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve and stay ahead of your growth. You're addressing our tech debt and looking into continuous integration. That's a big plus.

11. "Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at accesso full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, cutting edge technology, entertainment business, in the midst of incredible world-wide growth.

Cons

work hard, play hard. Be prepared to contribute.