adaQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Hiram Machado

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Enjoyed my time at adaQuest"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at adaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will be forever grateful to adaQuest because they gave me the opportunity to move into the Seattle area and fulfill my dream of living in the Pacific Northwest. Management was down-to-earth and solid folks. And my co-workers were fun to work with. And the espresso machine was constantly producing great coffee!!

Cons

Losing a major contract with Microsoft caused me to look for employment elsewhere. It was one of the saddest days in my professional life.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of valuing your people!

2. "Interesting company with great work environment."

Former Employee - QA Analyst/Tester in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - QA Analyst/Tester in Redmond, WA

I worked at adaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment - a lot of international employees - friendly atmosphere. Sometimes very busy, sometimes more relaxed. The tasks may be similar, but there's still a lot too learn.

Cons

Since the work we were doing was outsourcing for another company, a lot for the tasks and decision is out of the leaderships control. In other words, it's hard to know if you actually have work to do the next week. In that way it's not very stable.

Advice to Management

Get better outsourcing contracts. Don't let the big companies screw you over.

3. "Project manager Super"

Former Employee - International Project Manager in East Renton Highlands, WA
    Former Employee - International Project Manager in East Renton Highlands, WA

I worked at adaQuest (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with solid leadership that doesn't cut corners when it comes to their employees or clients. Excellent work environment and internal training for employees.

Cons

As a staffing vendor, jobs are dependant on clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "a good place to work"

Current Employee - Linguist in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Linguist in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Very good working atmosphere, like a big family

Cons

no cons at this moment to me

"They mean well, but you can't live on good intentions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at adaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the major selling points for new employees is how they say they're like a family. I honestly believe that they mean well when they say that, but actually acting like a family is a different issue.

The company is experiencing a period of growth.

There are monthly social events (e.g. birthday parties and photo contests). Contractors get benefits (medical, PTO accrual, etc.), after working for 3 months full-time.

Cons

The company expanded rapidly over a year ago and is still trying to catch up. Lack of communication between tiers of management and employees is rampant, as is lack of accountability for individual support areas. This results in unresolved issues that block employees from being able to do their work, confusion as to what the company's goals and roles are in a project, and limitations as to how individual teams are able to plan and manage their resources. Employee performance and salary reviews are non-existent.

There's a lack of engagement between internal employees and ones on contract. Contract employees are the red-headed stepchild of the company--they're minimally engaged with the company's organization and management, even if adaQuest claims to be made up mostly of contractors. Many positions have limited opportunity for growth and limited scheduling even if they are advertised as full-time, and the company has done nothing to remedy this, resulting in a lack of job security.

CEO and management do not inspire confidence and are unfamiliar with federal and state labor laws. Feedback is often dismissed or not taken seriously.

There are a lot of promises made, but very few are fulfilled.

Advice to Management

You would benefit greatly from a structural reorganization of your upper management. Put people in positions that can actually do the job instead of spreading your resources too thin. Address issues with your existing employees and motivate them to stay instead of treating them as expendable--manage their expectations and don't promise them the world if you can't deliver. You're burning talent by not offering competitive rates or opportunities.

"Not good for testers / localizers"

Former Employee - QA Analyst/Tester in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - QA Analyst/Tester in Bellevue, WA

I worked at adaQuest full-time

Pros

The company offers very basic health insurance and organize a couple of social events during the year for employees. When you have something to say, there is always somebody ready to listen.

Cons

- No growth opportunities: they promise a lot but never deliver. When there is a position available they would rather hire new people than promote internally.
    - They take advantage of people goodwill: they give certain employees in any position management duties and responsibilities, but without releasing them of their previous responsibilities and without giving them any additional compensation for their double work.
    - When requested a raise the company excuses itself by declaring that localization is not profitable enough, or by stating that if one salary goes up others have to go down.
    - They promise there is never going to be forced unpaid time off, and there is forced unpaid time off on a monthly basis.
    -They promise there are multiple clients working with them, but the truth is that there is only one single client.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals that care about the job and about employee's welfare. Don't hire people that only look for their own interests and affect the project negatively. Also: be honest, if there is no growth opportunities say it openly. Do not overwork employees by making them do 2 or 3 jobs at the same time, but if you do pay them accordingly.

7. "Small Company feel with Big Company aspirations"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at adaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff that are constantly looking at themselves to improve the quality of what they do and how to achieve their goals. From the CEO to the contract employees, AdaQuest makes you feel like you are apart of a family and that your opinion matters.

Cons

Because they are just starting to grow, they didn't really have a set way of operating. This works against them when it comes to following proper procedural things like onboarding or working together with other departments as most of it is new and there isn't a right way to do it yet.

Advice to Management

One of the only things that I could reflect a change on is working better as a comprehensive team not segregated by product solutions but unified in achieving a common goal.

8. "An agency that cares about people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

AdaQuest staff is caring about the well being of its employees. They maintain great communications within their teams. It is easy to stay in touch through the monthly company events. AdaQuest recruiting team has been very available and they provided helpful career guidance during the time of my contract. I would definitely recommend them as a vendor agency!

Cons

The company provides competitive health insurance plans, 401K and PTO, but extra sick days would be welcomed!

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining close communications with employees, and custom online trainings are highly appreciated!

"Competitive compensation in a wonderfully supportive environment!"

Current Employee - International Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - International Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at adaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I originally gained my deep respect and appreciation for the professionalism and company values demonstrated by adaQuest on client side. I am now proud to be part of this small company myself. Not only do they do all they can to keep us informed about what's going on, provide direct vehicles to enable work/life balance - i.e. regular group social events, weekly meditation sessions, professional massage - but they have now begun a comprehensive training program for all who are interested. This is by far the most pleasurable work experience I've encountered throughout my career.

Cons

No real opportunity or vehicle for performance based rate increases.

"Outstanding Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at adaQuest full-time

Pros

The company culture at adaQuest is exceptional. The people come from all over the world, and the company definitely attracts the best and the brightest. This is the most mature work environment I have ever been a part of. Zero drama, but lots of fun, caring and support. It is a very egalitarian culture as well, you feel listened to, valued and respected at all levels of the organization.

Cons

It's a small company, so it can't offer some of the more flashy perks of the corporate giants. But that is offset by the continuous respect and family-like environment that you get everyday.