nfrastructure Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Daniel T. Pickett III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I like it"

I have been working at nfrastructure full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So far its been a great place to work. Everyone here is nice and the opportunity for advancement is available for those who want to work hard

Cons

I have none at this time

"Runaway...don't walk...RUN!!"

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

Incredibly unprofessional environment, immature staff, unethical business practices and overall toxic environment that is fostered by senior leadership. This is hands down the worst place I have ever worked.

Advice to Management

Most of the management should be replaced

3. "Summer Intern Experience at Nfrastructure"

Pros

Fully involved in business operations

Cons

No true internship program creating some integration difficulties

"I still have flashbacks"

I worked at nfrastructure full-time

Pros

I worked with a handful of people who had admirable qualities.

Cons

No direction. No training. I witnessed managers attempt to intimidate employees . I witnessed blatant sexism. My days were rife with stress and confusion. I use my memories of my time this job to get me through current difficulties, because those were dark days. I figure if I made it to the other end of the tunnel then, I can for sure do it now.

"Monitoring Tech"

Former Employee - Monitor Technician in Menands, NY
    Former Employee - Monitor Technician in Menands, NY

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid, for what you do. Which isn't much because no one actually knows what the company does

Cons

Let me put it this way if you are a supporter of Trump, then you have found the place for you. Everyone else who is uncomfortable around biased, not the smartest people who tend to go from 0 to 100, if you try to do your job, then this isn't the place for. The entire time there I was kept in a dependent state of unknown because everyone is paranoid about job security and no one person knowing too much. The company pretty much makes a profit by being inefficient. Co workers try to make you paranoid of your boss, by literally holding their breath if a higher up walks by. Also have you ever been in a zoo, where you see animals on display. Well if you ever wanted to be on display this is the job for you

Advice to Management

Workers are more productive without fear of losing their job. I get that you have to sell to clients and bring them around the office, but sending out a heads up that people will be stopping by goes a long way. Also no one actually knows what the company is really trying to do, maybe try not to be so mysterious within the company about what the company actually does. Lastly giving everyone a common goal will more likely unite us, which would make a better work environment. And for upper management, how can you not care about the job and then attempt to manage a team. Even if you don't care about the job, keep that to yourself. I don't know how I am supposed to take anything serious if the person managing me doesn't take things seriously

"Great Company until Zones"

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company (however very chaotic), opportunity for remote work, great and knowledgeable coworkers

Cons

nfrastructure was truly the best place to work when I first joined the company. We worked very hard and the fast-paced culture was not for everyone, but I found it to be a very rewarding and fulfilling career. They also cared about their employees by hosting quarterly happy hours, a fall festival, and a lavish Christmas party. Then Zones came along and started becoming more involved in our daily operations. All of the happy hours and parties disappeared, however, as one review stated, they at least continued to give us a free turkey for Thanksgiving. I, and many others, lost a sense of security and I no longer felt my job had any direction or purpose. Any opportunity for advancement diminished. Everyday became a very stressful, unrewarding, unfulfilling type of chaos. They implemented an ERP system which made operations more difficult. Management changed, and the few executives who stayed became more difficult to work and interact with, likely due to the pressure from Zones. Benefits are expensive and did not have many in-network providers. No bonuses, standard 401k, pretty good PTO policy, but it is not paid out when you leave (per Zones policy).

Advice to Management

Don't forget your roots. Remember where you came from and how hard your employees have worked to get the company where it is today. Reward them and listen to them.

7. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Network Engineer in Menands, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Network Engineer in Menands, NY

I have been working at nfrastructure (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent work environment and culture , helpful people

Cons

there are no con's so far

"The technology company that simply isn't. Zones, the parent company is just as bad."

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you have no place else to go, this place will hire you.

They are really good at hiding from their customers the lack of knowledge, expertise, and chaos that goes on behind the scenes. (a pro for them, not so much for their customers)

Cons

Right up front, nfrastructure has never had a good reputation in the local IT industry. Their roots are really in the world of cabling, point of sale systems, and desktop deployments. They would like to bill themselves as a true technology company but the majority of the work is exactly as a previous reviewer posted: point of sale systems and cameras.

Depending on your role, you can expect to put in a lot of hours, without even a flutter of gratitude or appreciation. They literally will drive you into the ground with little to no consideration for your home life.

Buyer beware if you are a customer as the backstabbing and bad mouthing of customers back at the home office is pretty pervasive. Don't worry, they will tell you to your face how much they are working for you and how much they value the relationship.

As far as expertise goes, the level of expertise is more in line with that of a "mom and pop" shop. They claim to have a lot of enterprise expertise, but in reality, most are learning "on the fly" and have little to no true enterprise experience. They are masters at googling solutions to your problems.

The lack of solid technical expertise is just the start of it. The administrative side of the house is no better. HR is useless, with their only goals being to post fake reviews on this website when they are not busy trying to avoid the next biggest liability coming their way. They will "protect the company at all costs", including you and their customers. From the top down, management is just one "good ole boy" environment where promotions are given based on who likes you versus actual performance and management skills.

No review would be complete without taking a look at their parent company. Zones is the parent company and acquired nfrastructure in October 2016. Be careful not to say the word "acquired" to existing nfrastructure management as they prefer to spin it as a "merger". Perhaps the only company that would be worst to work for is Zones itself, complete with their overseas operation in Pakistan.

Advice to Management

No advice needed. They live in a bubble and wouldn't listen to it anyway.

"Company with no direction & staffed by immature employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* None, it was the worst career move I ever made

Cons

* Company pretends it is a big player, but lacks any direction. Can't be a big player when you consider a $1000 TV install to be a project.
    * Staffed by a bunch of immature, dimwitted employees it was like trying to herd a bunch of kindergarten kids to do work.
    * Bills itself as an IT company, but you work on things like installing pinpads, cash registers and cameras, that have next to nothing to do with IT. The company relies on projects in the dying sector of retail.
    * If you thrive in a micro management world and relish having your creativity squashed than this is the place for you.
    * Benefits were weak (2 weeks vacation, 3% 401K match with a vesting schedule) - although to be fair the benefits may have changed after I left with the Zones acquisition.
    * The place never had enough seats for its employees and the cubes we did have were ridiculously small, never seen anything like it before.

Advice to Management

Get a plan, figure out what you want to be when you grow up.

"Cheap.cheap.Cheap."

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Albany, NY

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay you. Not much, but they pay you.

Cons

Fall Festival with flu shots? History. Awesome holiday party? Gone. Meet&Greet with Santa for the kids? Hasta-la-vista. Health Benefits and 401k matching? Violated. Free Annual Frozen Turkey? Still there. I'm guessing it became the new bonus. Thanks Zones! Love you guys! Miss u! xoxox

For the ridiculous amount of money NYS gave them, their pay and benefits sucked. Just got a whole lot worse for anyone still with them. For all intents and purposes, they've become just another self-interested payroll service provider, with zero skin in the game. Better off going HBITS, or anywhere else for that matter.

Advice to Management

Nothing I say will change who and what they are.