nfrastructure Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Network Engineer in Menands, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Network Engineer in Menands, NY

I have been working at nfrastructure (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent work environment and culture , helpful people

Cons

there are no con's so far

2. "Monitoring Tech"

Former Employee - Monitor Technician in Menands, NY
    Former Employee - Monitor Technician in Menands, NY

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid, for what you do. Which isn't much because no one actually knows what the company does

Cons

Let me put it this way if you are a supporter of Trump, then you have found the place for you. Everyone else who is uncomfortable around biased, not the smartest people who tend to go from 0 to 100, if you try to do your job, then this isn't the place for. The entire time there I was kept in a dependent state of unknown because everyone is paranoid about job security and no one person knowing too much. The company pretty much makes a profit by being inefficient. Co workers try to make you paranoid of your boss, by literally holding their breath if a higher up walks by. Also have you ever been in a zoo, where you see animals on display. Well if you ever wanted to be on display this is the job for you

Advice to Management

Workers are more productive without fear of losing their job. I get that you have to sell to clients and bring them around the office, but sending out a heads up that people will be stopping by goes a long way. Also no one actually knows what the company is really trying to do, maybe try not to be so mysterious within the company about what the company actually does. Lastly giving everyone a common goal will more likely unite us, which would make a better work environment. And for upper management, how can you not care about the job and then attempt to manage a team. Even if you don't care about the job, keep that to yourself. I don't know how I am supposed to take anything serious if the person managing me doesn't take things seriously

"Great Company until Zones"

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company (however very chaotic), opportunity for remote work, great and knowledgeable coworkers

Cons

nfrastructure was truly the best place to work when I first joined the company. We worked very hard and the fast-paced culture was not for everyone, but I found it to be a very rewarding and fulfilling career. They also cared about their employees by hosting quarterly happy hours, a fall festival, and a lavish Christmas party. Then Zones came along and started becoming more involved in our daily operations. All of the happy hours and parties disappeared, however, as one review stated, they at least continued to give us a free turkey for Thanksgiving. I, and many others, lost a sense of security and I no longer felt my job had any direction or purpose. Any opportunity for advancement diminished. Everyday became a very stressful, unrewarding, unfulfilling type of chaos. They implemented an ERP system which made operations more difficult. Management changed, and the few executives who stayed became more difficult to work and interact with, likely due to the pressure from Zones. Benefits are expensive and did not have many in-network providers. No bonuses, standard 401k, pretty good PTO policy, but it is not paid out when you leave (per Zones policy).

Advice to Management

Don't forget your roots. Remember where you came from and how hard your employees have worked to get the company where it is today. Reward them and listen to them.

"The technology company that simply isn't. Zones, the parent company is just as bad."

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you have no place else to go, this place will hire you.

They are really good at hiding from their customers the lack of knowledge, expertise, and chaos that goes on behind the scenes. (a pro for them, not so much for their customers)

Cons

Right up front, nfrastructure has never had a good reputation in the local IT industry. Their roots are really in the world of cabling, point of sale systems, and desktop deployments. They would like to bill themselves as a true technology company but the majority of the work is exactly as a previous reviewer posted: point of sale systems and cameras.

Depending on your role, you can expect to put in a lot of hours, without even a flutter of gratitude or appreciation. They literally will drive you into the ground with little to no consideration for your home life.

Buyer beware if you are a customer as the backstabbing and bad mouthing of customers back at the home office is pretty pervasive. Don't worry, they will tell you to your face how much they are working for you and how much they value the relationship.

As far as expertise goes, the level of expertise is more in line with that of a "mom and pop" shop. They claim to have a lot of enterprise expertise, but in reality, most are learning "on the fly" and have little to no true enterprise experience. They are masters at googling solutions to your problems.

The lack of solid technical expertise is just the start of it. The administrative side of the house is no better. HR is useless, with their only goals being to post fake reviews on this website when they are not busy trying to avoid the next biggest liability coming their way. They will "protect the company at all costs", including you and their customers. From the top down, management is just one "good ole boy" environment where promotions are given based on who likes you versus actual performance and management skills.

No review would be complete without taking a look at their parent company. Zones is the parent company and acquired nfrastructure in October 2016. Be careful not to say the word "acquired" to existing nfrastructure management as they prefer to spin it as a "merger". Perhaps the only company that would be worst to work for is Zones itself, complete with their overseas operation in Pakistan.

Advice to Management

No advice needed. They live in a bubble and wouldn't listen to it anyway.

"Company with no direction & staffed by immature employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* None, it was the worst career move I ever made

Cons

* Company pretends it is a big player, but lacks any direction. Can't be a big player when you consider a $1000 TV install to be a project.
    * Staffed by a bunch of immature, dimwitted employees it was like trying to herd a bunch of kindergarten kids to do work.
    * Bills itself as an IT company, but you work on things like installing pinpads, cash registers and cameras, that have next to nothing to do with IT. The company relies on projects in the dying sector of retail.
    * If you thrive in a micro management world and relish having your creativity squashed than this is the place for you.
    * Benefits were weak (2 weeks vacation, 3% 401K match with a vesting schedule) - although to be fair the benefits may have changed after I left with the Zones acquisition.
    * The place never had enough seats for its employees and the cubes we did have were ridiculously small, never seen anything like it before.

Advice to Management

Get a plan, figure out what you want to be when you grow up.

"Cheap.cheap.Cheap."

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Albany, NY

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay you. Not much, but they pay you.

Cons

Fall Festival with flu shots? History. Awesome holiday party? Gone. Meet&Greet with Santa for the kids? Hasta-la-vista. Health Benefits and 401k matching? Violated. Free Annual Frozen Turkey? Still there. I'm guessing it became the new bonus. Thanks Zones! Love you guys! Miss u! xoxox

For the ridiculous amount of money NYS gave them, their pay and benefits sucked. Just got a whole lot worse for anyone still with them. For all intents and purposes, they've become just another self-interested payroll service provider, with zero skin in the game. Better off going HBITS, or anywhere else for that matter.

Advice to Management

Nothing I say will change who and what they are.

7. "Employee of 3 years"

I have been working at nfrastructure full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees, hard work is necessary but rewarded. Flexible workplace. Good benefits. Overall great experience.

Cons

Don't really have any cons worth mentioning

"If you are looking for a professional, respectful environment, this is not the place for you."

I worked at nfrastructure full-time

Pros

Some employees are really awesome.

Cons

There is no plan from the top, some behavior is borderline unethical, management plays "favorites" and is sloppy.

Advice to Management

Stop ignoring the need to communicate with employees. They are not ignorant and are looking to you for direction.

"Mostly a Bunch of Losers"

Pros

I received healthy amounts of overtime and I received a paycheck every two weeks via direct deposit.

Absolutely nothing else.

Cons

Everything is disorganized. No one at any job site has any idea what they are doing.

There is 0 training and no help. None of your "co-workers" ever show up on time, their skillset is minimal and most are incredibly lazy.

There is absolutely no leadership whatsoever because everyone is so scared to take responsibility for a contract that may be a sinking ship and they don't want to lose their job.

Everything is a lie. They lie to their customers, they lie to their employees, they over promise and don't deliver at all. You will not get hired for a full time position with any kind of salary or stability so keep that resume handy.

They have various "employee days" that are nothing more than a clever ruse to make you think that they actually have appreciation for their employees, but in reality they are just clichy affairs that show you the true ugly colors of the company.

Advice to Management

You are all just yes-men praying you aren't the next to get fired. Stop throwing hordes of unqualified idiots at jobsites and then expecting them to just manage themselves.

"Terrible experience"

I worked at nfrastructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked for 2 years as a IT consultant the client I worked for was great.

Cons

Terrible management,low pay.Avoid this company at all costs

Advice to Management

Be honest with perspective employees.Your tactics are totally unprofessional