15Five Interview Questions | Glassdoor

15Five Interview Questions

Interviews at 15Five

Client Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 15Five (Raleigh, NC) in February 2020.

Interview

A few weeks after applying, I received an email from a coordinator who scheduled my phone interview. She was incredibly nice, responsive and quick to move things along. I spoke with Jessica during my actual interview and I have to say she is one of the nicest recruiters I have ever spoken with. She is incredibly knowledgeable about the company, where it has been, and where it plans to go. She was very thorough and thoughtful in the way she answered my questions which I appreciated. It is clear she believes in the company which made me excited about the opportunity. The interview overall did have structure and specific questions but Jessica made me feel very much at ease and like it was more of a conversation than a spit fire of questions. She got a very clear understanding of my history and experience as well as my future goals to make sure I was a fit for the company and not just the role. This wasn't the right position for me but I was very clear as to why based on her feedback and agree myself. It really seems like 15Five lives the values they sell.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very specifically about past roles and the actual day to day responsibilities I carried out.   Answer Question

Interview

The process was very clear and communicated up front. I started with a phone call with the head of talent, followed by a call with PM managers, and finished with a team presentation. Logistically it was more lengthy than I would have liked, but otherwise my experience was very positive.

15Five takes a very thoughtful approach in their hiring process. I did not feel rushed at any point, and their communication was stellar throughout. Jessica, my main point of contact, dove deep into my background to understand my experiences and made me feel seen, which I find to be truly rare in this day and age. I was impressed by her deep understanding of the role’s intrinsic responsibilities as well as the larger team dynamic; her level of insight is something I would expect from the hiring manager. After the interview, I was able to receive detailed feedback on the whole process – as you may know this is quite rare, and I appreciate the opportunity examine it from the other side and understand ways to improve for the future. Overall 15Five offered one of the most positive interview experiences I’ve had the pleasure to go through.

Interview Questions

• We talked through my leadership style and experiences approaching situations specific to the company. It was clear that she took the time to understand my background, and our conversation felt very natural and effortless.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pound Ridge, NY

Interview

I had an exploratory interview with an incredibly positive Talent leader who was curious, appreciative, thoughtful, and encouraging. The interview call was more about getting to know
    each other and exploring a range of possible roles more than a specific one. Though it was only a 45-minute call, I felt palpably that I was being viewed as my best self. Very unusual. If this is any indication of the culture of 15Five, I can see why the company is so highly rated as a place to work.

Interview Questions

• She had clearly reviewed my CV and proactively (and appreciatively) asked about various things of interest, while giving me plenty of opportunity to riff.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 15Five (Raleigh, NC) in December 2019.

Interview

I was lucky enough to be invited in for an in-person interview after a phone screen. 15Five was incredibly accommodating in making the interview work around travel and availability. I felt welcomed from the moment I stepped into the office. There were several interviews with various members of different teams. Each asked thoughtful questions, provided valuable insights into working at 15Five, and everyoneI met with felt genuine and transparent. Though the day was long, I left feeling energized and excited about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How do you think? What makes for a successful account executive?
      Walk me through a large deal that you've navigated in the past.   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 15Five (Raleigh, NC) in December 2019.

Interview

The recruiter kept a positive and professional line of communication. Every step of the interview process, I was able to meet new people within the company: the CRO, SDR Managers, as well as SDRs in the role I was interviewing. This gave me a ton of different perspectives on the job and company.

Senior Web Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 15Five (Lorton, VA).

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. The recruiter was extremely helpful in preparing me for the next steps and checking in to see how things were going. I had the opportunity to speak with my manager a few times but also interview with team members separately to get a better understanding of the role. organization and team dynamics. Overall a great experience and a very supportive recruiter.

Vice President of PM Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 15Five.

Interview

This was easily one of the best experiences I’ve had interviewing with a company. Every single person (recruiter, coordinator, hiring manager, interview panel, Head of Talent) I interacted with was very genuine and treated me with the utmost respect.

I originally interviewed for another role, the Director of Product Management months ago but I had interest in another role, the VP of PM. So I reached out to the coordinator I emailed previously and was connected with the Head of Talent.

First, I’m surprised she responded given how busy they’ve been with hiring. The coordinator mentioned in her email that the team has been swamped with hiring 80+ people in the last few months, so I wasn’t expecting to hear from them.

Personally, I knew my experiences were a bit of a stretch for the VP role but I wanted to try anyway as it doesn’t hurt to ask. I felt I had developed a strong and positive relationship in the past with the team. I knew it would did take some time to hear back after I reached out after the role was posted, as the coordinator set clear expectations that the team was busy.

When I did hear back, I have to say I was most impressed by the outreach I received from the Head of Talent. She gracefully shared that by my resume and experiences, I mostly wouldn’t be a fit since they are focusing on candidates with more experience scaling a product team. However, titles and resumes can only show so much about a person so she said she would be more than happy to connect anyway to learn more about me and review my experiences that may not have been shared in the resume.

I was personally so appreciative that she was so willing to chat with me and at the end of our call, she went out of her way to recommend me for other potential roles that I would be a better fit for. This experience alone shared so much insight into how they view and treat candidate experience. It felt so human and reflective of 15Five’s mission.

When I had interviewed, the process was very structured. It started with an intro phone call, a remote challenge, and moved on to a 2 part on-site interview to continue the exercise and to also meet the team to determine cultural fit. About a week after my onsite interview, I got a follow-up email from the recruiter to have a quick chat. They decided to move forward with other candidates, but I was given great feedback from the team.

Overall the entire process then, and now was incredibly humanistic. I never received any automated cold emails or calls. I feel bad for seeing other reviews here that described what appeared to be an uncommunicative and scattered process. Even though I didn’t get an offer, interviewing with 15Five really opened my eyes to how recruiting should be done and could be done. I’ll be regularly checking any open roles as I would love the opportunity to join 15Five. Major kudos to the Head of Talent for leading such a great recruiting team!

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your product management experiences? How many people do you manage?   Answer Question

15Five Response

Nov 13, 2019 – VP of People Operations

Amazing feedback! We really appreciate you going way out of your way and taking the time to share about your experience interviewing with us.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 15Five in November 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with Crosby over the phone for a position at 15Five and I really just wanted to take the time to send my genuine appreciation for her transparency and insight throughout my experience. I really respected the fact that Crosby was able to give me realistic expectations and direct feedback on the spot during our conversation.

Seriously, she might be the only recruiter I've met that goes the extra mile beyond the typical automated message. Although it ended up not being the best time for me to join the team, thank you for humanizing this process, Crosby!

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy, just the usual tell me about yourself and what you do in your current role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process had a lack of communication and sloppy execution. Invested time into the company and received positive feedback from all interviews and was ghosted. Very unprofessional to waste someone's time like that, and after reading other interviews this isn't the first time it's happened.

Interview Questions

15Five Response

Nov 8, 2019 – VP of People Operations

We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience interviewing with our company and without additional detail, it's hard to know specifically what went wrong. Please know that everyone- from our CEO, to our recruiters, to our People Operations team members- takes this kind of feedback very seriously, and we are reviewing our processes to ensure that this does not happen again in the future to other candidates. Aside from being stressful, we know that applying and interviewing is a huge investment of your time and we are grateful for your interest in our company and team. We definitely want every candidate who interviews with us, regardless of the outcome , to leave feeling valued and appreciated. Our sincere apologies for letting things slip through the cracks.

Vice President of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 15Five (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

The Head of Talent reached out to me from an employee resource group for engineering leaders I run in NYC. She couldn’t attend one of the meetups on scaling engineering teams so she later asked if we could connect over coffee to pick my brain and tips on hiring 15Five’s VP of Engineering.

The head hunters I’ve worked with in my career have been the too eager to close the role types, so her follow up was easily one of the most genuine interactions I’ve experienced. She didn’t oversell 15Five or push the role on me, rather she sold me on the challenges.

After a few conversations with team members and an invitation to an event, I decided timing was not right for me. However I am thoroughly impressed with my experience with 15Five. In my twenty years of software development experience across Chicago, Silicon Valley, and NYC, never have I once left a review for any company I have interviewed at. It’s due to the fact that almost all hiring processes today are broken, outdated, and unnecessarily difficult. My experience with 15Five has made me reconsider my position.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any strengths assessments evaluating leadership competencies? What is your leadership style?   Answer Question