51Talk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 51Talk

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at 51Talk (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

i am easy the interview is so easy. they hire me immediately i am so happy about it. the interview took 20 min. it is so easy to be intern there .

Teacher Interview

Interview

I did not complete the interview process. I had a Skype interview set up for 5:00 pm one day. I went through the trouble of preparing for the demo lesson and I even came home early from an event. When I got home, my interviewer had to reschedule due to technical difficulties. The next morning, at the time the interview was rescheduled, I logged in and nobody from 51talk was on Skype. Nobody reached out to me to schedule the interview again. I e-mailed 51 talk with no response. This was a frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China Village, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 51Talk (China Village, ME) in December 2016.

Interview

Very stressing. I've been interviewed five times. the first four interviews were okay. When I reach the Chinese interviewers, that was the beginning of my nightmares. They will make you feel that they are good in English language.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Island, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 51Talk (Grand Island, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

It's long and drawn out. Lot of things can fall through the cracks. There are so many hands in the pot. Nothing is consistent.The people are very kind.

Interview Questions

• About your teaching experience   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 51Talk.

Interview

Well, the interviewer was late to my interview, and asked if I could wait another 20 minutes. But, the interview was still really easy. The person who interviewed me was also really good at pretending she was a child for the demo lesson, so be prepared for that.

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 51Talk (Terre Haute, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then an online interview. I taught a small lesson which was sent to me. I did not really have any idea of what they expected.

Interview Questions

• Could I sing children 's songs and did I have experience with teaching children.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 51Talk (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a two step
    Process. Vetted my credentials and then advised as to the test lesson. I was given materials and asked to conduct lesson on the level for a child.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a practice leszon   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 51Talk (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Scheduled an interview on Monday via Skype. Recruiter was a no-show. Later messaged me with not much apology. Rescheduled for Tuesday - Recruiter was 40 minutes late!!! Had mic issues. Fixed within 5 minutes. Recruiter rescheduled for Wednesday - Over 20 minutes late with no message. Still awaiting response. Totally unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 51Talk (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was e-mailed some course examples to prep in advance. I wasn't quite sure how to present the materials, but there were many YouTube videos explaining the process put out by other employees. I downloaded the software for the interview and Skyped with my interviewer. I did a mock presentation of the material while the interviewer pretended to be a student.

Interview Questions

• What is your weekday availability? This is important due to the time difference between the U.S. and China.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 51Talk (Houma, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was conducted on Zoom. The lady was really nice but it was too short to show any of my skills. It is clear after hire they hire to many of us in ratio to the children available to teach.