8x8 Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 115 of over 115 interviews

Recruiter13%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

8x8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at 8x8

Interview

I applied towards the end of January, the interview process lasted until mid march. 3 stages of interviews with a presentation. Only to be told I was outclassed by another candidate as I did not have experience in a specific area. This was not mentioned on my CV or any of my interviews that I did have this experience and I feel like the process could have been ended sooner to avoid wasting both mine and the interviewers time. Lovely experience with the recruiter and the actual interviewers themselves but communication was spotty and the fact I was brought to final interview with a missing area of expertise as a backup in case more senior applicants refused the role.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how we could improve our network, it is over saturated at peak hours without a VoIP system, the new solution should have higher availability and a DR option.
    Answer Question

8x8

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at 8x8

Interview

The hiring team was great and I had great conversations with them. However, the HR team never got back to me after the final interview. Totally fine if I was under qualified or not the right fit but extremely unprofessional to not even reply letting me know I didn’t get the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

It was very involved from the recruiter to the last one with the CPO and challenged me on every session. I appreciate all of the time and energy it took to put together a great remote interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 8x8 (Indianapolis, IN) in Feb 2021

Interview

I had a great initial interaction with the recruiter, who was very excited to introduce me to the hiring manager and the rest of the team. After talking with the hiring manager, the recruiter let me know they wanted me to connect with another member of the extended HR team. My conversation with the next individual went very well. Where things started to go south was after this last conversation. I sent a follow-up to the recruiter the same day of my interview. After not hearing back for over one week, I sent a second follow-up to determine the next steps (if any). Sadly, I still have yet to hear any updates, even after sending feedback to the hiring manager directly via LinkedIn. As someone who is in HR (and previously in recruiting), I personally choose to provide some level of an update to any candidate who has gone through multiple interview rounds with my company. With that said, I truly hope my experience is an anomaly, and that other candidates do not have such a negative experience.

Interview Questions
  • Can you share an example of how you coached a leader with a difficult topic/ conversation?

8x8

Application

I interviewed at 8x8 in Dec 2020

Interview

Applied online. Few hits on my LinkedIn profile, followed by an email from HR then automated interview call booking, a good & relaxed phone call, after the interview the HR said, I could hear back by EOW which didn't happen. Followed later by an automated rejection. Given the reputation of the company, the post-interview process leaves much to be desired - a conveyor belt-like approach.

Interview Questions
  • Generic questions about experience, particularly in the Contact Centre space. Why 8x8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (Sydney) in Sep 2020

Interview

Applied online then received an email from recruiter to schedule a time for initial interview. After completing the initial interview and receiving great feedback from the recruiter they outlined the next steps and advised they were putting me forward to the hiring manager, and would be in touch within 48hours. After 1 week I followed up but received no reply or update. I then followed up again 2 weeks later to see if there was a delay or issue and were still interested but still nothing. Very Poor 8x8 you should be ashamed! It takes less than 1 min to do the right thing and keep people informed. For a company that's in the communication business this definately sends up a red flag about the company culture.

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked in the Contact Centre space before

8x8

Application

I interviewed at 8x8 in Sep 2020

Interview

Received email from the recruiter saying that they would like to discuss my profile and inviting to select a calendar schedule for a call. I did this reserving time for the call but the recruiter never called nor responded to emails on chasing up. Extremely unprofessional. I would not want to work for company with such employee behaviour.

8x8

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 8x8

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. Had several hits on my LinkedIn page right away. Took a day to get a response from the recruiter who requested an interview. First available was 2 days later, interview time arrived and the recruiter went through the entire process of asking me questions about my experience, etc then went right to money which took me by surprise a bit. She preached about transparency and being up front the whole time we talked. At the very end of the conversation, after we've talked salary requirements, I am told there are other candidates "further along in the process" and it will be an uphill battle for me to get this job. Why waste my time if there's no way I am getting the job?!? Then says I will hear back first thing the next morning. No response back until the following week when I received a rejection letter. So much for transparency, I guess!

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected question - asked about salary requirements right off the bat, made me give a number.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 8x8 (Cluj-Napoca) in Jun 2020

Interview

The interview began with an overviewof the company, followed by questions around my work experience listed on the resume and some pretty basic technical questions related to internet connection, voip, my previous work and so on.

Interview Questions
  • What did you think about this intervoew, what kind of experience was it for you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at 8x8 (London, England, England) in Apr 2020

Interview

I apply online. I get within 1-2 days a reply from the rec. We agree on a time and date for the initial interview. She joins the call 15 min later. She asks me to introduce myself, I do. She says that I confirmed her thoughts. I don't have the right xp but if I could be interested in a BDR role. (?) I asked how did she reach this conclusion after a 2-3 min intro? She replied: "the way I speak". So, when she came 15 min late was fine to disrespect the candidate, not to mention that she never intended to discuss the AE role. Myeah. "5* recruitment"

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 115 Interviews