8x8 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to discuss the position, the company, culture and my background. From there went through several interviews with direct manager, other team members and other managers and execs. The recruiter did and amazing job of explaining the process from the start and was in constant communication with me during the interview process. If I ever had any questions or concerns, the recruiter was very responsive and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Java Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 8x8 in June 2014.

Interview

I applied to this company through Linked and I got a call from the HR for telephonic interview.
    After telephonic interview was cleared I was called for f2f interview which had 5 to 6 rounds.
    HR was quick in giving the feedback and processing the offer.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to code 2 problems which were difficult to solve within the given time.   2 Answers

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a call from university career fair around November 2014. They called for an onsite coding challenge. Nothing difficult just an easy program on threads and they also allowed using Google actually you don't need Google for that problem. Once that is cleared they called after a weeks time for another onsite interview. The interview was with three people from different department. The interview was good was not able to answer few question but overall a good interview and good experience with the interviewer. After that no reply from HR did follow-up twice or thrice after significant interval but they never replied back. The only part which I didn't like about 8x8.

Interview Questions

• General question on data structure, javascript and java.   1 Answer

Knowledge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

First round was phone screening by the technical recruiter. Followed by an one on one by hiring manager on google hangout. Final round was onsite. Whole day process with 4- 5 people interviewing for 45mins.

Interview Questions

• How would you get information from the reluctant stakeholders ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I recently finished a series of interviews for a Software Developer position at 8x8 and though it would be useful to recap my experience for those who come after me.

The team I was interviewing for specializes in Unified Communications (also known as UC) software, and the position I was interviewing for was specifically a desktop position, although you might end up talking to the same folks if you are interviewing for a mobile role as well. While 8x8’s office building is massive (the receptionist told me that at least 500 people work there), the actual mobile and desktop teams are relatively small (less than five people each, augmented with several interns). So if you make it onto the team you’ll have a chance to make a big impact.

8x8’s current UC solution uses Adobe’s Flex (a/k/a AIR or Flash Runtime) which they very much would like to get away from being dependent on.

The way the interview series went was like this: the first guy I spoke with was the hiring manager, who is actually remote far out on the East Coast. Surprisingly, he’s the only person who appears to be remotely working (other UC companies actually encourage their employees to work offsite part of time, partly to force them to “dogfood” — make use of — the software they’re working on). He did ask me general technical questions but I can’t recall any of them off the top of my head, so they must not have been that out of line.

A few days later I was invited to come into the office, which is down in a corner of San Jose extremely close to SJC airport. As best as I can tell, there are no public transit options to get to the office location. If one is feeling plucky, perhaps one can hitch a ride on some eBay or PayPal shuttle (they have a sizable campus located next door to 8x8’s building). Driving and hunting around the lot for a parking space seems to be the only way to commute and the office appears to be at the intersection of a couple major West and East San Francisco Bay freeways (which are very likely extremely jammed during rush hours), so this is either a good or bad set-up depending on how your work schedule is set up. For the office environment, it looks like everyone has half cubicles with very low walls (essentially an open plan set-up) with meeting rooms and offices along the windows, and one of my interviewers said that if one really wants to concentrate on work they could probably work from anywhere (anywhere being a meeting room or a break room or even from home). 8x8 is in an expansion mode and there’s definitely a lot of open space within the building (large carpeted areas with no cubicles nearby) for more people to be placed.

For my second, on-site interview I was scheduled to speak with only two people. The first guy was a young, very eager Flex developer who remarked he had been part of 8x8 for at least five years. I was very happy talking with him as he gave me my first look at the software I would have been porting from Flex to native. The second guy was the mobile team manager, and here is where I ran into rough seas. I’ll recap his two brain teasers below. 30-40 minutes was spent discussing these two questions and then the remaining 10 minutes was spent with me asking questions about 8x8.

8x8’s employment application (which needs to be filled out prior to arrival) asks for a candidate to furnish transcripts and to prepare to take a drug test (which I’d certainly pass, but I also feel is highly inappropriate if the candidate isn’t piloting a plane or driving some mass transit vehicle for their prospective job).

Now if I had to guess why I didn’t pass this interview, the veto came from my last scheduled interview when I lamely blustered my way through a couple analytical questions. If you’re handed a schedule that includes a mobile team manager, please be prepared for a Microsoft-style interview — the guy I spoke with appears to care more for being able to quickly solve and explaining a theoretical algorithm versus whatever practical experience you’re bringing to the table. Hopefully my experience flunking the 8x8 interview will help you to prepare to pass your interviewing day. If you find any of the information in my interview review helpful, please let me know by voting "Yes" on the "Helpful?" question below (this helps to motivate me to be as detailed as possible).

Interview Questions

• Let’s pretend four travelers with different weights arrive at river on a dark night. There’s only one flashlight and only two travelers can cross via the single boat at a time, and the time that it takes to cross the river is the greater weight (e.g. if two passengers have weights of 5 & 20, it takes 20 minutes for the two people to cross one direction and 5 for the person with the flashlight to return for additional passengers).

If the four travelers have weights of {1, 2, 5, 10}, what’s the configuration that will get everyone across in the least amount of time?   2 Answers
    • Given this source code and these constraints:

Embedded processor with 128Kb SRAM and 1.5Mb Flash ROM.
      Maximum Heap size = 100Kb.
      Maximum Stack size = 1 Kb.

———

#define BUF_SIZE 256

unsigned char acBuf[BUF_SIZE] = {0,1,2,...,BUF_SIZE-1};

void main()
      {
          int x = foo(acBuf);
      }

int foo(unsigned char *pBuf)
      {

Sum += acTempBuf[i++] = *pBuf >> 1;
              pBuf++;

return (0 == Sum) ? 0 : foo(acTempBuf);
      }

1) what is the value of x?

2) what is wrong with this code?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Attended their onsite interview. Was given 3 programming questions, an hour to crack them.
    1. Implement an LRU cache
    2. Implement BST traversal and search for a given node. If exists, print path to that node
    3. Producer Consumer problem

Once done with the coding, was asked to mail them to the HR. This round was immediately followed by face to face interview with one of the engineers. Questions were mostly about Java
    - Difference between abstract class and interface
    - How does a heap work
    - How to implement connection pool etc

Interview Questions

• I answered all questions, the interviewer seemed happy. But got a rejection letter after a couple of days. No reason given. I think their system is to eliminate good engineers and keep the average/mediocre ones.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks. Initially got a call from Recruiter and scheduled a telephonic interview with Hiring Manager. It was a basic technical round o Java and Linux. After the interview he asked me to write a program on Word count and send it to him email. The next day i got a positive reply and recruiter scheduled an on-site interview. The On-site interview consisted of 4 face-face interviews. One was again a technical and behavioral round. One was a coding round where i was asked the following qns
    1. Height of a Binary Tree
    2. Find last n-th element in a LL
    3. Find two numbers that add up to a particular sum in an array.
    Third round was with a developer who asked me to write a program on producer-consumer and left the interview room. She came back after some 15 mins, took my paper and asked me to wait for next round which was with the manager.

The final round was with the manager who asked me to write a code to remove duplicates in a string . He aslo asked some design qns related to projects i did.

I was successful with all programming qns and was positive about the interview.

Anyway i got a sorry lettter from HR after about a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First screening call with recruiter and than telephonic coding interview using collabedit.
    In the screening recruiter said that I am great match for the job position due to my experience in the field and they were exactly looking for my kind of skill-set.
    In the coding interview with hiring manager over collabedit, I was able to code exactly what was required (can say text book answer) and gave answers to all questions that were asked. There was no moment in the interview where the manager had to give hints or said that I had to correct something.
    Still, on the next day I received email saying that we are looking for specific kind of skills and not moving forward with the application.
    Really,,? Are you CONFUSED people??? Why did you waste my and your time?

Interview Questions

• 1) In "C"
      given a string "This is a string"
      store each individual word in a node of linkedlist.
      and than print the linkedlist in reverse order. "string a is This"

2) A code was given which had 1 KB stack size and a recursive function call.
      An array of 255 numbers which gets divided by 2 every time the recursive function gets called.
      I had to figure out the final answer and tell if there was something wrong with the code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview but no offer. I had been interviewed by 4 people each of them asking me basic questions. I had a one on one final round with a quality manager. He asked me basic networking protocols and my experience in testing. The interview went on for 1 hour and the end of the interview he was very positive in offering me the position. But after few days I received a mail saying not enough experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my background and the projects I had done.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Technical recruiter reached out for a 20 min interview. Then one hour technical phone screen. Onsite was four hours (no lunch, and very small break in between). The onsite needs to be better. Bad way to treat a prospective candidate. Interview level was in between easy and average.

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I had 2 in-person interviews at the San Jose where I met various employees from Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Strategy. Follow up calls with my hiring manager to keep updated on where we were with the hiring process as well as discussing over the phone with HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you have done in your past role   1 Answer