8x8 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

QE (Senior/Staff Level) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

was contacted by recruiter over linkedin and had a initial phone call with the recruiter. I was invited for a telephonic technical interview and was then invited for onsite, where I met Sr Director, QE Manager, Devops Director, VP and 2 more engineers.
    All interviewers explained the role well and asked me the right technical questions.
    just get the basic DS fundamentals right, and practice questions from leetcode(easy and medium), you should be able to crack the interview

Interview Questions

• automation experience , resume, sorting, array problems (like find unique numbers, remove duplicates etc), test iterator (print fizzbuzz ),   1 Answer

Installation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a face to face with Human Resources and Hiring manager. Technical qualification interview by peer employee. Met with four 8 by 8 employees. The interview lasted 4 hours.

Deal Desk Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview -> 1st on-site -> 2nd on-site.

Had a very positive experience during interviews. Not too difficult questions and all HMs were friendly.

However, after the interview, recruiter never responded to several of my follow up emails. Very unprofessional. Simple yes/no response would have been enough.

You guys need better recruitment staffs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you that makes you more special than other candidates   2 Answers

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The worst recruiting process I have ever had. Totally unprofessional, out of sync, unorganized. Told by one recruiter after a phone interview with him & hiring manager, my next step would be an onsite interview. Recruiter called me on a Sunday night asking for dates available, then contacted by a different recruiter starting the process all over and then told they no longer wanted to move forward. She totally clueless of the process, I had already gone thru. Thus was the worst experience I have ever had with any company. Totally Unprofessional!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

3 rounds total for me. 1st is the phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. If you pass the first in-person interview, you will go to the final round. Interview questions were fairly standard (i.e. tell me more about yourself). Although I didn't get into the final round, I would still love to work at 8x8.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 8x8 in August 2017.

Interview

The Interview process one phone interview and 7 one - on - one in person interviews with high profiled stake holders. After completing the interviews the interview response was very unprofessional from the recruiter, where in he could not keep up with the time to talk , even though I was not selected. I understand personal problems but everyone should be respectful of each others time . Basically they wanted one person to fill 2 positions and moreover not ready to pay even as per market value. I would not recommend such unprofessional way of interview response and 8 people conducting interviews to make the final decision . Even after giving my 100 % on 2 aspects of Operations and HRIS they were like you were less balanced then other candidate. My sincere request please revisit this company before taking up position as most of people who join their are leaving and with shortage of resources they want to complete a big operations and implementation piece.

Interview Questions

• What is the challenges in this position that will not make you to take this position ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 8x8 (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First screening call with recruiter and than telephonic coding interview using collabedit.
    In the screening recruiter said that I am great match for the job position due to my experience in the field and they were exactly looking for my kind of skill-set.
    In the coding interview with hiring manager over collabedit, I was able to code exactly what was required (can say text book answer) and gave answers to all questions that were asked. There was no moment in the interview where the manager had to give hints or said that I had to correct something.
    Still, on the next day I received email saying that we are looking for specific kind of skills and not moving forward with the application.
    Really,,? Are you CONFUSED people??? Why did you waste my and your time?

Interview Questions

• 1) In "C"
      given a string "This is a string"
      store each individual word in a node of linkedlist.
      and than print the linkedlist in reverse order. "string a is This"

2) A code was given which had 1 KB stack size and a recursive function call.
      An array of 255 numbers which gets divided by 2 every time the recursive function gets called.
      I had to figure out the final answer and tell if there was something wrong with the code.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 8x8.

Interview

Process
    1. Applied online
    2. Call with recruiter
    3. Phone screen with engineer

Interview
    Interviewer was rude. No 2 way communication or discussion regarding the question he asked or solution I provided.

Asked me 2 programming questions, went silent, putting me on hold. Cut the interview short, without providing any clues, after I was struggling at one point.

Glad I did not get any further in the process as I would not have liked working with such colleagues!

Junior Android Developer Interview

Interview

Initial communication was with a recruiter at a job fair who pushed me to apply online. I was selected for an on-site interview soon after where we also learned about the company as a group. (Most candidates were UCSC students.) Company culture was very diverse as they mentioned they hired people of all ages and it showed.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 8x8 (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with management in three separate meetings across about 12 weeks. Came back and met with the same group on two separate occassions. The meetings were cordial and informative. The more I met with the team, the more open they were about how they saw the role fit into the overall business.

Interview Questions

• What levers would I use to grow the business?   1 Answer