99 Restaurant & Pub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 6, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at 99 Restaurant & Pub

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub (Hingham, MA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick and easy. I didn't have any experience so they typically asked questions like "what would you do in this situation"?. The interview was more or a chat which was nice, pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a coworker didn't get along? Describe to me a time where there was a problem and you had to fix it.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub.

Interview

I was asked pretty basic normal questions. The manager interviewing me was really nice even though it was obvious I was nervous and that I had never done an interview before.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. They mostly focused on what the job itself is like and will not make a case if you have little to no job experience. They inquire about your availability and make it simple to get hired. Very simple, very quick. I wish every interview was like this one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub (Waltham, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days they called me in for an in-person interview. The general manager and the manager both interviewed me back to back. They asked me questions on why I was applying and if I wanted to grow with the company. The process was fairly easy, just basic questions about time commitment and background.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a hostess?
      Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub (Easton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

had a phone interview, got a call a week later. Then met a DM at a local location and talk about benefits and compensation. Then do a backround check and once you pass that you will get an offer of employment. then they do the backround investigation and you should take a day or 2 to think about weather or not you want the job and accept if you feel like you like it.

Interview Questions

• tell me something unique about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i did not have to negotiate

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub (Lynnfield, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with a Manager-In-Training along with the Kitchen and General Managers. We reviewed my resume and I watched videos depicting the typical work i'd be expected to perform. Very professional and welcoming. I was offered the job on the spot to begin work on the following monday. (Interview was on Saturday). I submitted an application online on Wednesday, called on Thursday to come in for an interview, was hired on Saturday, and started working Monday. Pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• How long were you at your last job? Have you ever been in a situation where you've succesfully prevented a customer from choosing to never come back?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Longmeadow, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub (East Longmeadow, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very informal, I sat in a restaurant booth across from a manager. Was asked about my previous work experience and how it could relate to the position I was applying for. I was called back that afternoon to be interviewed by the general manager, who then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you experienced conflict among coworkers in the workplace, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub (Manchester, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

very easy process, you have to meet with the general manager as well as the other managers that work there. i recommend going in person to apply better chance of getting the job than applying online

Interview Questions

• any experience in food industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub (Centerville, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online , passed assessment. Called for an interview face to face at location. Typical scenario questions , experience, how I could add to the company, etc. If you have served before and passed their personality test than its a breeze.

Interview Questions

• explain how you dealt with a difficult guest in t he past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 99 Restaurant & Pub (Rotterdam, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Met with first manager. Discussed the usual interview type questions. Was called for a second interview and met with 2 different managers and got asked more questions. Offered the job that day and had to come back for orientation a week or so later. It took a while to get in for orientation due to changes in management at the time. Interviews were somewhat informal, we sat at a table and talked, they made the job out to be more difficult than it actually ended up being.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were under a lot of pressure at work, and how you handled it?   Answer Question