Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aéropostale Interview Questions

Interviews at Aéropostale

2.0

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I was literally hired the day of my interview and rushed into training. The interviewing DM asked questions for about 10 minutes and then said something to effect of "Well, we need someone ASAP and you're it." That should have been a warning signal.

Interview Questions

• The questions were incredibly easy, and most were directed towards when I could start and what my salary requirements were versus my actual abilities and experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions

• Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

in person interview with store manager and then a second interview with the district manager. I was asked to come in for an interview after filling out an application in the store.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I came in the store and got an application, I handed in the next day got a call, came in for an interview the same week and then it took a month to negotiate out a deal for pay. easy process nothing to crazy I denied the first offer the asked me what Would it take and I told them a number the gave me just a little more then what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself at in 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me and offered me the job and told me they wanted to pay me 12 dollars an hour, I had declined and they asked me what would be a good enough pay for me. I told them 14, they gave me a call back in the next 5 mins. and offered 14.50

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Asked a lot about past expierence in manager. I was recruited from the district manager so was pretty easy. It was one on one with the store manager. She was very relaxed. Asked a lot of basic management questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy more of a conversation than an interview and I received an offer the next day

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Simple questions, met with HR, Merchant and VP. Applied online, came into the office and met with everyone in one day. Got the offer the following day, worked through salary and accepted. Started two weeks after the interview.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

-HR phone screen
    -Met with two people at the same time
    ----------
    -HR was very nice and I was interviewed by two people who will be my supervisors. They changed the interview time the last minute and when I arrived, they did not apologize nor offered water or anything. We discussed my store experience and when I gave my honest feedback, I could tell she did not like me. When I asked how the company is performing financially (they were bankrupt in 2016), this time I could sense that she was upset, as if I wasn't even supposed to ask that question.

Overall, I knew instantly that the brand is doing really bad because of the management and there is no room for growth/ learning here as they will be no improvement.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR was very casual just to gather basic information, screening candidates to see if their current experience qualifies them for the position they are applying for, what type of salary they expect, and why they want to leave their current company.
    In person interview was very easy going, typical questions to discuss job functions and assess planning skills. Ex: "How would you plan a selldown, what metrics do you look at to evaluate performance?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone call from director with the offer. Any negotiations went through HR

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Fairly mild, I got to speak with two people in one day. I felt intimidated because manager kept expressing the job wasn't for everyone and how hard it is to juggle multiple catergories. While I was confident I could have done the job well it made me not want to go further.