Aéropostale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aéropostale

1.9

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2020.

Interview

I did 3 interviews and it’s been a week now no one called to say if I got accepted or not
    But the district manager and the regional manager were very nice and easy to talk to

Interview Questions

• What was my management style   1 Answer

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Very easy and casual. It’s a group interview and they ask questions based on skills and fashion. They even had us design an outfit close to their style. It was easy for the most part but everyone had different strengths.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Houston, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

I did the application online got a called back 3 days later. Had three interviews one with store manager, district manager and regional manager. My interview was weird one in store, one phone call and one one store again

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict between managers ?   1 Answer

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

1st round run by HR
    2nd round run by Hiring manager
    It was quick, friendly, nice. The hiring manager seems like a nice person. But they were hiring someone who has experience in Junior.

Interview Questions

• What do you mostly expect to Aeropostale   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Carrollton, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

I was recruited from another company I worked for Charlotte Russe & with them closing I was recruited to Aeropostale. One of there managers came into the store and reached out to me to see if I was interested in an opportunity with Aeropostale. I ended up speaking with there store manager about my background experience & what I was looking for coming into the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Lyndhurst, NJ) in March 2019.

Interview

Went through a 3 step process for the interview. First was a 3-minute phone call going over the job description and was then asked if I was interested. After I said yes, I was told I would receive an email to schedule the second phone interview. This second portion lasted for about 15 minutes, in-depth questions about my experience and how I handle customer service. I was then asked for an in-person interview, which I thought went well but obviously did not. They told me they would call me back but they never did, I even tried to call myself to check status on my application for the position and never received an email or a call back which was very rude.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Austin, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

It was a very easy process. Would just recommend coming in before Black Friday when they are also hiring. The Round Rock locaton was very relaxed and just asked me questions and trained me to use a cash register.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY).

Interview

-HR phone screen
    -Met with two people at the same time
    ----------
    -HR was very nice and I was interviewed by two people who will be my supervisors. They changed the interview time the last minute and when I arrived, they did not apologize nor offered water or anything. We discussed my store experience and when I gave my honest feedback, I could tell she did not like me. When I asked how the company is performing financially (they were bankrupt in 2016), this time I could sense that she was upset, as if I wasn't even supposed to ask that question.

Overall, I knew instantly that the brand is doing really bad because of the management and there is no room for growth/ learning here as they will be no improvement.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Downey, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy. Simple questions involving previous retail experience and how to make customers happy. Managers wanted people with experience in retail and someone who had a lot of availability in their schedule.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there were two customers both asking you for help at the same time?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

Came in for a group interview. They split us up into sections on the sales floor. I was greeting. Then we answered a few basic interview questions. There was a person there who had trouble answering a question and the hiring manager dismissed him on the spot. I feel like the hiring manager needed more patience she seemed rushed