AAMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2016

2.8

Technical Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AAMC (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a staff recruiter, followed by a call with the position's direct supervisor a week and a half later. Then another week and a half later, I had an in-person interview at their offices with numerous team members, where I spoke to six people over three hours. Most of the interview coordination was done with a recruiting support staff member.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to say "no" to a request.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AAMC (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a series of telephone calls. 1st with the recruiter, than 2 department members. Finally, there was a full day interview - 6 different meetings over the course of approximately 7 hours. Prior to the all day interview, I was required to submit a power point presentation. The entire process was very thorough and while the day seemed unnecessarily long, I appreciated the investment. The decision making follow-up could have been more timely.

Meeting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AAMC.

Interview

interviewed with two people very nice almost a conversation. Went very well. I appreciated that they read and prepared for the interview as I did. Made me feel like they genuinely were interested in me as a person.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Upper Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AAMC (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter that covered about an hour, very comprehensive meeting with senior director and operations team as a panel interview with other senior directors, executive leadership corporate risk officers. Most of the interview centered around approaches and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to rewarding employees for good work. Describe a time when you had to mentor a staff member and discuss the outcomes and approaches   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAMC (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had two interviews with HR and one interview with the department's team. The HR interviews were on the phone. I also had follow-up emails with those I interviewed with on-site.

Interview Questions

• How would you gather research for a paper if you did not have access to a reference center.   1 Answer

Program Logistics and Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AAMC (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company website over the weekend. At the beginning of the week, I was contacted by HR for an initial phone screening interview. That interview was set up quickly and I was asked general questions about my experience, education and skills. Following the HR interview, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with 2 of the team members (30 minute interview). The interview consisted of behavioral and experience questions. After the interview, I was immediately contacted that afternoon to move on to the next step in the interview process: background and references check. After a week and a few days later, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

I was overqualified for the position and was looking for a more competitive salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AAMC.

Interview

I saw a job post on Washington Post Jobs but applied via their website. The recruiter got back with me quickly and scheduled an interview. The interview with the recruiter went exceedingly well (in my opinion) and she said she had a few more interviews but I would be contacted about moving to the next phase. After a little under a week passed, I began to call and email the recruiter about the next step. No response. Was someone else hired? Did she just lie to get me off the phone? I was in limbo. HR departments rarely seem to send declination letters recently; I'm used to it. This one was different because I was given verbal confirmation that I was moving to the next phase then absolutely nothing. It would take seconds to send and email (or reply to one of the multiple I sent) saying "We've decided to go with another applicant." I mean, she could have lied and say the job post was cancelled. I'd be none-the-wiser. Just don't abruptly end communication. Closure is important, especially if you're unemployed versus changing jobs.

Interview Questions

• What software packages have you used?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AAMC in July 2014.

Interview

I had three phone interviews. First one with the HR rep, 2nd with one business manager who works in security and another on the compliance side because this position is uniquely placed in two departments. Things were going very smoothly and moving quickly until correspondence suddenly stopped. I had to check in to discover they had decided on another applicant.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very well tailored for the position responsibilities.   Answer Question

MedEdPORTAL Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AAMC (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Q/A, friendly. There were two interviewers. Began with an office tour. Very nice office. Typical interview questions. Described the position extensively, there was some 'selling' of the position. Overall an easy/good experience even though I did not take the offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable scheduling for a fast paced individual?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AAMC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Most candidates come from headhunters or temp-to-perm situations and a manager reviews resumes looking for a good match. A developer calls the candidate and assesses candidates skills. Then we bring in the candidate to be interviewed by peers. Then one more more managers interviews the candidate. After that HR gets involved, and salary is negotiated.

Interview Questions

• Candidates are asked detailed questions about unit testing, a practice that not too many of them are very familiar with.   Answer Question