AARP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 151 of over 151 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at AARP

AARP

Application

I interviewed at AARP

Interview

This position required three rounds of interviews, all were about one hour long. The first interview was with the HR, and the two other interviews were with the team and team lead.

Interview Questions
  • describe one of your failures
    Answer Question

AARP

Application

I interviewed at AARP

Interview

The recruiter was asking very vague questions. Nothing about what the role implied or my skills. I did not feel as though the interview was personal. But then again they might have been having an off day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AARP

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at AARP

Interview

Interviewed for a role with the AARP Foundation; the process was fairly straightforward with a recruiter screen, a hiring manager 1-1, and then a panel interview. They are very transparent as to what types of competencies will be evaluated in the interview and methods to prepare. The process however, was fairly disorganized with poor communication. The recruiter screen was unlike anything I've experienced where in essence the recruiter read through question answers they had solicited in advance of the call rather than the call being a conversation. I went through 3 rounds of interviews over the course of 3 weeks and then did not hear anything about my candidacy for about a month when I received a fairly formulaic email telling me they had chosen another candidate which I found to be surprising and rather impersonal. I left the experience with a fairly negative impression.

Interview Questions
  • Areas probed: Decision quality, cultivates innovation, optimizes work processes, and situational adaptability

AARP

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AARP

Interview

Unprofessional recruitment process I was excited to hear back from an AARP recruiter and discuss more about the role I applied to. He asked me to share my availability and I did. Two days later and with no response to my email, I received the automated email that they are now considering someone else. Really!? The recruiter didn't even bother to respond to the initial email that HE asked me for and choose the automated default email. It would have not taken more than 5 minutes of his time to respond to my email initially, probably the same amount of time it took him to program that automated response. Very unprofessional and to be honest I'm very disappointed that there was no human decency. I guess the silver lining here is that I would now never consider applying for a position here. What a low blow! Improve your recruitment process and if you do reach out to a candidate have the decency to respond vs sending an automated email. Remember that the person applying is a human being, not a robot! Improve your recruitment process and if you do reach out to a candidate have the decency to respond vs sending an automated email. Remember that the person applying is a human being, not a robot!

AARP

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AARP in Apr 2022

Interview

Application process was fairly easy, and response was quick. Multi-phased interview process. First interview involved immediate supervisor (one-on-one). Subsequent interview would involve a panel interview with other individuals from the same department who are based in other parts of the state -- some of whom you may have a dotted reporting relation.

Interview Questions
  • Questions focused on interpersonal skills. How do you like to celebrate a success? Do you see your team having a role in that success? Questions related about how and when to engage the AARP membership. How did you acquaint / educate yourself about AARP?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

The entire process lacked coordination. Two interviews were scheduled first with HR, then the hiring manager. I showed up 15 minutes prior to the first interview. HR did not show up, I ended up waited for over an hour, brought up to the hiring manager, waited for another half an hour. The entire interview was simply casual exchange without substance. I followed up with a Thank you note, but received neither acceptance nor reject notification.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in Feb 2022

Interview

Took about three weeks and two interviews. First was via zoom with AARP in house recruiter for over an hour and the second was via zoom with the department head for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What is your project management process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in Feb 2022

Interview

I applied for the summer internship in Jan and heard back a few weeks later for a phone screen. The recruiter was pretty nice and instantly put me forward to the second (and last) round. I had a panel interview with my prospective department. Associates seemed like they could care less about my responses and completely ghosted me after the interview when I tried to follow up. I got a generic rejection about a month after the final interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at AARP (Indianapolis, IN) in Feb 2022

Interview

The interview process was long, but well thought out. My experience was 4 interviews over the course of 3 months. I felt valued as a candidate most of the time. There were a couple of hiccups when I was told I would hear about the next step by X date, and the date came and went without any communication, but I understand my interest in the timeline felt more urgent than it did to them. The process was conducted by an AARP recruiter and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Why was I interested in working at AARP?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in Jan 2022

Interview

It was a PSRP interview. Standard questions. Friendly interviewers. Employment discrimination field related questions. I interviewed for an entry level position as a 3L for the AARP Foundation Litigation department.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 151 Interviews

AARP Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at AARP as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.75 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Project Manager and Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at AARP takes an average of 33 days when considering 153 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Internship had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Marketing Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 45 days).

Common stages of the interview process at AARP according to 153 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.95%