AARP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AARP

2.7

Director, Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

Large panel interviews that did not go into very much depth, probably due to the size of the panel....everyone wanted to ask at least one question. The team provided a great overview about the company, good discussion about culture and work environment. The recruiting department struggled mightily keeping me warm as a candidate. There were long stretches with no communication.

Data Analytics Interview

Interview

Two round of interviews, both are focused on the behavior questions.
    The first round of the phone screen is normal.
    For the second round, there were three seniors interviewing me at the same time, about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the common behavior questions, such as tell me about yourself, why us, why this position?
      Be sure to prepare well for your projects on your resume. Make sure that you are able to explain each step of the project thoroughly, including all your thoughts and reasons behind the decision process. They really want to know how you approach the result rather than just listing what you did technically.
      Other questions:
      - time management
      - have you ever face any conflict with a client? How you solve it?

Last but not least, the interviewers are all nice people, be relax, be friendly and be confident.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interviews themselves were fine, however there has been no communication whatsoever since completing them a month ago. At that time I was told that I was a finalist and a decision would be made soon. However, not only has there be no proactive communication, but my outreach has been met with silence. Not only is this frustrating and rude, but it's unprofessional. As a contractor for the organization I know that this is their reputation even with employees. The organization has a lot to offer but their frontline (HR) is not helping.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

I had to answer written questions about qualifications before interview. Initial round via phone with recruiter. Second interview with hiring manger via phone. Third interview was with a panel.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AARP (Champaign, IL).

Interview

I interviewed at the Tech Nest in champaign after meeting the employers at a career fair. A part of the interview was during the career fair and the next round was at the Tech Nest headquarters. It was a 30 minute interview with the site director.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

The interview process was very prompt. The recruiter initially set-up a phone interview. After the interview was complete, there was communication whether or not the candidate made it to the next interview phase. Overall, the experience was very timely, prompt, and to the point.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult project? What did you do to collaborate?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AARP (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview screen with HR exec at headquarters in DC. Very kind and straightforward. 2nd interview with head of department in New York via phone. Basic questions about my. experience and interest in moving on to a new opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Experience lobbying at the state and federal level?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in AARP and what do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2019.

Interview

One in-person interview at state office and one phone interview with HR from national office. Typical interview questions for an internship. Took about two weeks to receive an offer.

Associate Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AARP.

Interview

Screen phone call with HR and group interview. After the group interview I never heard back from the HR recruiter. The HR person didn't even follow up with me to ask how the interview went. I ended up emailing the HR rep a week after the interview and he told me that they should have an update in a week. I followed up again, by phone call this time, a couple of weeks later and they still didn't have an update. It was obvious at this point that I was not going to move forward in their process so I dismissed them. Finally, two months later I received an automated rejection email. It seems unprofessional to me to keep a candidate hanging for so long and to not follow up personally when you've interviewed especially for a high level position.

Interview Questions

• Scripted questions. They did not follow up on specific questions regarding my experience or dig deeper into more relevant questions for the job. One person in the interview seemed withdrawn and acted like he did not want to be there. He was constantly drawing (doodling) on his pad and did not appear to be appear to be paying attention.   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in November 2019.

Interview

The phone interview went well with both HR and the hiring manager. In the next step, the Panel Interview (3) followed a behavioral format that did not allow for questions, it felt like an inquisition on past behavior that needed context of the situation before offering an actual response. No time was allowed for the candidate to discuss what would it bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• What skills or experiences from your background are most relevant to this role?   Answer Question
    • How would I present an idea to the CEO?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you successfully handle competing priorities   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you prepared a meeting/event and some unexpected circumstance mess it all up? and How I fixed it?   Answer Question