ADTRAN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADTRAN Interview Questions

Interviews at ADTRAN

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Approximately 2 months after applying online, they called to schedule a phone interview, which mostly covered some basics about the job and during which we discussed my qualifications. A few days after the phone interview, I received another call to schedule an in person interview. They emailed me a copy of the agenda beforehand. I spoke with 2 senior executives, and then had an HR debriefing afterward. HR eventually sent me a copy of their benefits package.

They said they would have something to tell me within a week to ten days. Into the third week of waiting for a response, I emailed HR to see where things stood, and they informed me that they were no longer considering me for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked broadly about my experience, and several questions seemed like standard questions about working with management and other members of a team.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was actually 3 hours total. This was broken up into 3 - 1 hour interviews with A different interviewer at each hour. First interview section was with Human Resources. Second interview section was with the department head. Third interview section was with executive responsible for that department.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADTRAN.

Interview

College student interviewing for entry-level position. 8 hour interview process, cycled through about 10 different groups/managers. Each interview was different in terms of length (20 min - 1 hr), number of interviewers (1 - 7), type of questions, etc. Some focused solely on soft skills, some solely on technical questions, some were a mix. No breaks except for lunch which was also an interview.

Interview Questions

• In C, given that "int x = 10;", what will x be after "x = x++ * x++;"?   1 Answer

Wasn't very interested in the type of work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

First talk with two managers and they made a little personality check, and four rounds of technical interviews in a row with three groups including a lunch interview, many of the questions are about C++ fundamentals such as data structures, virtual functions and stuff, some group will ask you some pretty basic EE questions to test your knowledge with circuit. The last step is to talk with the HR and discuss about the incoming interviews and the existing offers and stuff.

Interview Questions

• Some of them are about bit-manipulation problems in C++ and it is pretty low-level programming questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Talked to them at a Career fair and had an interview with them the next day. They asked standard questions about my education and questions about what polymorphism is ect. Not a casual interview, but also not high stress.

They invited me back for a second interview in Huntsville. This was an all day thing. It took about 6 hours of interviewing with a lot of different people. This interview was a lot more stressful. I was asked multiple times to do coding either on a white board or on paper. The questions are not easy, but they work with you to help you if you need it. Also, I lost some points because I didn't do a lot of research about the company and its competitors before, and they asked me about it. Have some technical examples to prove why they want you. They care more about your skills than anything else, and they do quiz you to see if they think you can cut it.

Interview Questions

• Bit coding for clock cycles, finding the 5 closest points to another point from a file of points, tell me about the research you have done on the company(competitors ect.), we noticed in the last interview you were lacking in (insert area here) what have you don't since then to rectify this if anything, how have your other interviews been going if you have had any   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADTRAN in November 2013.

Interview

Talked to Adtran at career fair. Had interview on campus. Got a call a couple weeks later asking for onsite interview. Had onsite interview with multiple divisions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

Had on-college-campus interviews, then on ADTRAN campus interview. Interview lasted all day. Met with two different groups and probably 8 pairs of engineers. Topics covered operating systems, all the way down to bitwise c++ operations.

Interview Questions

Location was not a good fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked some technical very easy C questions. Write a simple function that does this etc. Then it was more general C++. What is a friend function etc. There was not much more to it than that. One of the questions I got was the lonely integer problem. Aka find 1 in 5 5 1 6 7 8 6 7 8

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADTRAN in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was on campus and involved speaking with person from HR and an engineer. After first interview, there is an on-site interview in Huntsville Office. The questions in the interview were not too challenging.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in October 2010.

Interview

I got the interview at the UT Knoxville Engineering Expo, I started talking about some networking equipment they had at their booth, and it caught the interest of the recruiter, so they gave me a panel interview the next day, which consisted of a HR person, and an engineer asking me to solve math problems. I was then invited on site about a week later were they paid for the gas and hotel room, and supper. Were I had 2 interviews back to back.