APCO Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

APCO Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Very standard. I applied online and heard rather quickly from the Chief People Officer. She wanted to schedule a phone screen right away. My salary range was a bit high for her but I told her I was flexible. I then heard rather quickly to come in for a face to face. Met with three people. The two HR folks I met with were extremely inexperienced and I was surprised that they were in the roles that they were in. Inexperienced may not be the right word - they didn’t get HR but were very nice. The interview with the CPO was actually quite short. There was a huge gap of silence, but when I followed up she did respond with where they were with the process. I was extremely impressed (so kudos) that she personally let me know that they had hired someone else (that is rare).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

I received the interview through a mutual connection. The staffing committee reached out by email and we set up a phone interview for a few days later. The interview spanned about 30 minutes. It was a good process but halfway through I realized it wasn't exactly the right place for me.

Director, Global Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

Based on an employee referral, had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and was more like a conversation. The in-person interview was with two new people and was similarly more of a conversation than a formal interview. Both were very friendly and positive, but no one could really explain the hiring process. Based on my knowledge of the situation, I believe I was interviewed over the phone to fill the position of someone who was leaving but who ultimately negotiated a higher salary and stayed. The follow-up in-person interview was to shop me around in case I might fit their needs, but the opening I thought I had applied for no longer existed. Amidst all this, APCO fired their HR lead, which meant the time I spent waiting to hear back was excruciatingly long. This was a four month process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR (to which they were more than an hour late -- luckily I was still home when they finally called), and then was promptly assured an in-person interview with details to follow ... Which never did. When I followed up via email, no response. Followed up and left a voicemail at the recruiter's phone in DC -- no response. I eventually called the Raleigh office to make sure that if I was driving there from out of town, there would at least be an interview, and they sent me in a circle. Finally the recruiter emailed me to tell me that the position had been put on hold... and a week later the job posting was re-posted on my university's job site. I had several other interviews at the time with international PR companies and none of them were this unprofessional or rude; I was very unimpressed.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions: why are you interested, what is your experience, what are you looking for in a job   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview via Zoom/Skype. Even if it seems like the interview would go long they were good about cutting it at 30 mins. I had two interviewers. It took 3 weeks or so for them to get back to me because of the high volume of applicants. My advice: ask good questions!! If you don't ask questions to show you're curious about the world/APCO/industry, they won't be interested in you.

Digital Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview process ever. Not only did the recruiter who reached out to me blow off my phone interview, she also did not respond to any emails of mine asking to reschedule.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled to meet with 3 people, so took time off of work to go to the interview. When I got there, only 1 person (who knew nothing about the role) met with me. few days later notified that I was no longer a finalist. Terrible process & lack of consideration for the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your experience managing a digital campaign?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

The interviewers are super nice and approachable. They ask basic questions such as why APCO, or things pertaining to your major/studies, nothing unpredictable. The interview setting was very informal as well which make you relaxed and lay back. It is more like talking to a family friend versus an employer. I would definitely recommend apply for this company. I think it will be a great team to work in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR a few days later. The interview was very late when she called me and she never sent me a follow up message, despite telling me she would. It is okay that I did not receive and offer, but an email would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions you would expect from an interview.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Why APCO?
      How did you hear about APO?   Answer Question

Global Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

We had a phone interview with basic questions. Spoke with a recruiter. Very nice and knowledgeable about the company and the position she wanted filled. She told me she would follow up but she never did.