APCO Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

APCO Worldwide Interview Questions

Interviews at APCO Worldwide

2.7

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Had two interviews, a screening conversation with HR and then a video interview with the hiring manager. Followed up with HR after the hiring manager interview and received no response. Invested a lot of time and energy and never heard back after multiple follow-ups.

Interview Questions

APCO Worldwide Response

Aug 7, 2020 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for letting us know that you didn’t receive proper follow up after your interview. We aim to give all candidates the best possible experience and prompt communication is critical during the process. We will ensure that all candidates are well informed during every stage of engagement at APCO. If you have any additional feedback, I’m be happy to connect directly to learn more.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Chapel Hill, NC) in July 2020.

Interview

Gruesome interview process. Submitted my application in April and they hired in mid June. 4 different rounds (screening, interview with 2 staff at the location, writing assessment, and final interview with 4 staff at the location). HR is horrible at corresponding and coordinating interviews and never followed up when she said she would. I had to call her for my scheduled screening interview and writing test because she never called me nor sent out the assessment on time. Even though I made it to the final round, they never alerted me that I didn’t get the job (despite me reaching out a few times), and I ended up finding out I didn’t get it from LinkedIn Connections. The staff at the Raleigh location were great and super easy to talk to, but beware of the HR department because they are EXTREMELY unprofessional and unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at APCO?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you went out of your way to help a coworker?   Answer Question
    • How do you multitask and work through stress?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to think critically and walk me through that process   Answer Question
    • How does this position fit into your overall career goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were assigned a task you had never done and how you went about accomplishing that task?   Answer Question

APCO Worldwide Response

Aug 7, 2020 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We care about our candidates and what you described isn’t consistent with what we intend for anyone to encounter when interviewing with APCO. We’re so sorry that you felt that members of our team weren’t responsive and the process took longer than you expected. Your time and efforts to participate in the various stages of the process were appreciated. We will take all the necessary steps to improve our process moving forward. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to address the specific issues you highlighted. I hope you will reach out so we can speak further.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in February 2020.

Interview

The process was pretty extensive but was largely very positive. It was three rounds in total and the HR manager was very responsive. The process involved an aptitude test and an interview past that. However, the COVID 19 crisis pushed the timing on most things back.

Interview Questions

• A writing exercise to determine how you approached PR problems, as well as your workflow priorities   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC).

Interview

Submitted application online through their website and then had two phone calls with recruiters. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. Questions were behavioral questions that you would expect and the interviewers were very engaging and receptive of what I said.

Interview Questions

• What news sources to you pay attention to? Why are you interested in APCO?   Answer Question

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in July 2019.

Interview

Very straight-forward, just had a Skype interview with two people, one from DC and London locations. While I did not get hired, they also refused to tell me why I didn't get the role, which I wanted to know to benefit me for future jobs.

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fairly average. It was mainly phone screenings but they asked me questions regarding my experience from my resume and what i was interested in pursuing a career in.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you had to face in an internship or class setting and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Interview

Applied online. About a week later, received an email with a brief for the design challenge and to join zoom interview with 2 creatives. Got the offer within a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in April 2019.

Interview

First, a brief and casual phone screening was scheduled with a recruiter who took notes on my experiences and passed them on to the hiring team. I was moved forward in the process and completed a two-hour zoom video call with two separate groups of people. Really engaging and wonderful people. Even though I did not receive an offer, the recruiter sent me a kind email thanking me for my time and wishing me luck for the future. I can tell there are some really wonderful people at APCO and I am sad not to be joining the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to choose between deadlines, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Project Consultant, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Raleigh, NC) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15 minute phone interview. I was then moved along to the next step in the interview, which was a video interview with three other employees in the North Carolina office.

Insight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online with a simple resume, cover letter, and one question about relevant experience. Was contacted for a phone interview with two people asking questions. About a week later they contacted me with an offer.