APCO Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

APCO Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

Digital Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview process ever. Not only did the recruiter who reached out to me blow off my phone interview, she also did not respond to any emails of mine asking to reschedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled to meet with 3 people, so took time off of work to go to the interview. When I got there, only 1 person (who knew nothing about the role) met with me. few days later notified that I was no longer a finalist. Terrible process & lack of consideration for the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your experience managing a digital campaign?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

The interviewers are super nice and approachable. They ask basic questions such as why APCO, or things pertaining to your major/studies, nothing unpredictable. The interview setting was very informal as well which make you relaxed and lay back. It is more like talking to a family friend versus an employer. I would definitely recommend apply for this company. I think it will be a great team to work in

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR a few days later. The interview was very late when she called me and she never sent me a follow up message, despite telling me she would. It is okay that I did not receive and offer, but an email would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions you would expect from an interview.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Why APCO?
      How did you hear about APO?
      Answer Question

Global Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

We had a phone interview with basic questions. Spoke with a recruiter. Very nice and knowledgeable about the company and the position she wanted filled. She told me she would follow up but she never did.

SAE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a full day of interviews at the DC office. The final part was a written test.

It's worth noting that I flew all the way to DC for my interview at my expense (and did not request or expect reimbursement), and they didn't have the courtesy to give me any kind of followup response after my interview. A simple, "thanks, but we're pursuing other candidates" would have gone a long way rather than totally blanking me. So rude. How you're treated during the interview process is pretty indicative of the company's culture, so I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Written test included a press release, Fact Sheet and boilerplate. Pretty standard interview questions for anyone who's ever done PR.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC).

Interview

Sent in my resume through their online site and got an email back from a team member within a week. I had three phone interviews and then was offered the position. Everyone I talked to was very friendly and they mostly wanted to get to know me and why I wanted to work in PR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Why do you want to work in PR?
      What areas of PR interest you the most?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was very friendly. I met with two APCO employees. We spoke for about a little more than an hour. Conversation was free flowing back and forth and the atmosphere was not intimidating. They started by asking me questions in an effort to get to know me, then transitioned to more focused questions about the work that I'm doing at my current job. Finally, they allowed me to ask them questions about the specific position, APCO in general, and anything else I wanted to know.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure success in the digital campaigns you work on?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted about doing a phone interview, which happened the next day. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and was not hard. Mainly went over my resume with a few basic questions. Then I was asked to do the writing test several days later. The writing test took about an hour and a half. I then had an in-person interview a week and a half later. The next day I was contacted and offered the position. Overall, the process took about two and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to our team? What are you looking for?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy. Submitted online and emailed back within 1 day. Questions were very basic. Interviewers were very easy going and easy to talk to. It was like talking to people I have known for a while versus a formal interview.