APCO Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via their company website and heard back within two weeks. First had an initial phone interview where I spoke to the HR department. The questions were pretty general, make sure you can sum up what the company does pretty well. Next is a video interview with two or more staff members, usually includes a higher level excutive so be presentable. Because I am out of state my video was done via the Zoom app. Again the questions were pretty standard, they really want to know about your previous experience. It honestly felt like a conversation between new friends. Afterwards I completed a two hour long writing test. Not questions you can really prepare for so just try your best, though I did not find it too difficult. I heard back with an offer about a week and a half later

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview via Zoom/Skype. Even if it seems like the interview would go long they were good about cutting it at 30 mins. I had two interviewers. It took 3 weeks or so for them to get back to me because of the high volume of applicants. My advice: ask good questions!! If you don't ask questions to show you're curious about the world/APCO/industry, they won't be interested in you.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Applied online and got a call in 2 days. Had a 20 minutes phone interview, basically answering some questions relating to my job experiences. Was asked to come in for a second interview with directors.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy. Submitted online and emailed back within 1 day. Questions were very basic. Interviewers were very easy going and easy to talk to. It was like talking to people I have known for a while versus a formal interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

The interviewers are super nice and approachable. They ask basic questions such as why APCO, or things pertaining to your major/studies, nothing unpredictable. The interview setting was very informal as well which make you relaxed and lay back. It is more like talking to a family friend versus an employer. I would definitely recommend apply for this company. I think it will be a great team to work in

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a required video essay submission about why you would make a unique addition to the team at APCO. There was also a resume based application. HR called a few weeks after the application was submitted. The questions were geared towards experience both as a student and in other internships that fit the global needs and communication skill requirements. After one round of interviews and a call with the team for introductions I was offered the job. It was over all fairly quick with a lot of work in the front end to get an interview.

Interview Questions

• What global experience/perspective do you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by email for a phone interview within the week, then received another email asking for a follow up interview in DC two days later. Met with two team members and received an email asking for a quick call. Received an offer over the phone a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult, very informational, just have questions ready to ask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email that I should clear a few moments of my day to be interviewed via phone by APCO. I was contacted and interviewed by 3 members of the marketing client service group. The questions were pretty standard informational questions and behavioral questions. The people were very nice, and made me feel comfortable.

I suggest you review your resume and the position you are applying for and leverage how your past experiences make you a great candidate for the position - standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• How do your past experiences make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Found the internship through browsing the web, and felt I had the qualifications to apply to APCO. Initial online application required answering standard questions (why APCO) that sort of thing, as well as writing a pretend op-ed to test writing skills. Then I was moved on to a phone interview with the same sort of standard questions (what publications do you read? give examples of your strengths). I had to wait a few days after the initial phone interview to be moved on to a second one, where it was a bit more about personality traits (what do you do in your free time). A day or two after that I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the intern coordinators. very casual conversation about past experience and my interest. was invited to an in-person interview to meet with another intern coordinator and staff of a team I applied to.

Interview Questions

• please tell us a moment when you were proactive in your past professional experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at APCO Worldwide (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied via university recruiting website in June to receive a phone interview in early August. The phone interview was informative than interrogatory - basic questions involving my experiences in both college and previous internships. Two days later, I was interviewed at their office with four intern coordinators. The in-person interview was comprehensive - going into nook and cranny of my resume.

Interview Questions

• What was the most helpful "needs for improvement" comment your former supervisor has told you?   1 Answer