AREVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AREVA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.7

Interview

Brief phone interview. The interviewer was friendly and very relaxed. Most of the questions focused on my resume and projects listed. Others were just general questions such as experience in programming languages and willingness to actually do the co-op.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me asking whether I was interested in the position. She then proceeded to give me details of the position. Then the hiring manager received the information and within a called me to schedule an interview within a few days after his phone call. The interview lasts 30 minutes with a panel of two. After that, if they are still interested they will call you once more to set up another on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) Where there any deadlines that came up that you couldn't meet in project work, and if so why and how did you deal with that issue   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

questions and where you want to be in x amount of years it wasnt bad pretty much said i had the job this isnt a bad company but come in high on your hiring offer bc it will be hard to get a raise once you have accepted an offer from Areva

Interview Questions

• questions and where you want to be in x amount of years   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AREVA (Columbia, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a skype interview and they made an offer the following week. I found the opportunity on indeed.com and applied about one month before the interview took place. I then had to complete a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work in a bilingual office environment?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

My interview experience was many years ago. The company is currently using behavioral interviewing technique. That is all I can say. Utilize telephone interviews and site visits in interview process.

The current interview process asks situational questions and wants to know how you react. Questions such as what you learned from one of your failures, what is your greatest strength and why.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

Good experience. So long ago I don't remember much out of the ordinary. Interviewed with department manager. Very pleasant personality which made the process less stressful. Human Resources person was also nice to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to complete your degree?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated salary which involved starting at the beginning again but was worth it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AREVA.

Interview

This was an interview for an internal transfer but the process is similar for people coming from outside of the company.

First, I used my network to get my resume past the HR job application system. Your resume can get weeded out by the HR system if you don't select the right options. After several phone calls, I did get invited in for an interview.

My interview was a panel style interview with six people at one time. Areva uses a behavioral interview process and the people at the table would each ask a question from a set of questions provided by HR. It was a bit amusing because they kept going around the table asking one question at a time reading off of a piece of paper.

I had to call a couple times after the interview to inquire if a decision had been made. It was nearly two months before I received their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you had a difficult time with the customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Controls Intern Interview

Interview

2 Basic Interviews. 1 phone followed by an onsite. Onsite asked me very easy technical questions. It really wasn't bad at all. A few matlab questions and quite a few questions about what Areva does as well as what projects I would like to work on.

Negotiation

None

Mechanical Fuel Engineer Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AREVA (Richland, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

First phone interview. Very basic canned behavioral questions. I got invited for an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview.
    On site interview was smooth, not technical at all. It involved a pannel of two managers and three supervisors. During the interview I got asked the same exact behavioural questions that I was asked during the phone interview. I was given a tour of the facilities, which was nice to get a global picture of what the company does and how the job position fits in.

I got an offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience evaluating risks?
      Describe a challenging situation you have experience in the past and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The recruiter called me on the phone to ask me if I was willing to consider the offer. After that I got the letter. I was given a week to make a decision

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview by a whole group of manager/engineers for about 2 hrs, focus on research

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation