ASG Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASG Technologies Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies.

Interview

1. Contacted by ASG recruiter, phone interview with her about my sales stats, 2. Phone interview with hiring manager, 3. face-to-face with hiring manager, 4. Phone interview with VP of sales, 5. Another fact-to-face with hiring manager including a role play, 6. Phone calls with two top reps. 7. back ground and reference check, 8. Offer letter.

In all, it was about a two week process.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with a brief scenario and asked to role play and get invited by the customer to present a product in a follow-up meeting. (f you can't do this, you shouldn't be in sales). It's a pretty easy test of skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASG Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

Lacks discussion structure related to position requirements.

Interviewers:
    not prepared in advance.
    did not know what position I was pursuing.
    not able to explain reasons to work for company.
    did not understand industry current state and company's position in it.
    could not explain why it is a good place to work.
    were unaware of S&P financial rating.
    blamed sales for poor business results.
    made too many references to the CEO's likes and dislikes.

Confusing hiring process. Lots of hurry up and wait, no follow up, last minute changes.

The interviews are difficult because the interviewers are unprepared and distracted.

Interview Questions

• Name each interviewer and the meeting dates. Why were you recommended?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ASG Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

Moderate difficulty with a phone screening, met with the RVP and a phone call with the AVP. There's a 7 or 8 question profile about your background on the application. Also, the background check is very thorough - employment history, income verification, credit check, and driving record.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience with a negative customer situation and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. The compensation plan is standard and non-negotiable.

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Norcross, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

I heard from a friend that worked there that they had a job opening and needed more people in their production line. I applied and was called back within a few day. They set up my interview the following day. I went in and was immediately hired and was able to start that next Monday. My experience there was great.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Naples, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the inhouse sales recruiter shortly after I had applied online through an ad posted on linkedin. I was asked to apply online to the company website, then set up a phone interview that same week. The initial interview took approx. 50 minutes. The recruiter was professional, well informed and did a good job selling the opportunity to me. She then had me complete a sales assessment test and coordinated a "panel" screening with the HR manager. This entire process took less than a week, so kudos to them. I was then contacted by the Regional VP to set up a phone interview. After speaking to him for 45 minutes, he recommended that I meet with the Area VP, who was going to be in my area of the country the next week. I met with him, for approx. 30 minutes and did a mock presentation. We discussed salary, start date. I received feedback from the same recuiter the next day and was sent forms to fill out for the background and drug screening. I recieved an offer letter a few days later, with a fair offer. It was what I had expected, as I had discussed with the Area VP earlier. Overall a smooth, quick process and I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How do I prospect clients? how am I able to get appointments with clients who have no knowledge of ASG? What is the process of the sales cycle and what part do I play in the cycle?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Naples, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

ASG is clueless and disorganized, it was a start then stop process, they provided me with an offer letter and then just before my scheduled start date they cancelled the offer sighting the "Current Economic conditions"

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a prospect asking why you drive such a fancy car?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Field Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

Intial phone screen with corporate recruiter, then with the hiring manager, then with area vice president followed by offer and acceptance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - it was a standard offer for all new field sales hires.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies.

Interview

Local territory manager, followed by Line Manager, then Global HR process took place... 2 or 3 calls were held.
    Couple of skills tests required, a skills matrix completed.
    All in all... it was not a bad process considering the geographic differences

Interview Questions

• Which customers I already had a relationship with?   1 Answer

Solution Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

I never joined ASG but I was quite surprised by the interview process. This was before Glassdoor was born, so when I saw the "Dissatisfied" rating for ASG today, it made sense. I could imagine it being a chaotic and demoralizing place to work. Just the interview process was highly unprofessional, and their offices were very 'depressing'. For example, they scheduled and reconfirmed F2F interviews and then when I reached, the Manager was not even in town. Later they called me on a weekend to say the VP is only available that day. Despite agreeing, there was no response for days after the interview. They simply said position is on hold.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not related to my skill set or experience or trying to judge what value I can bring to the company. Instead the manager couldn't think beyond their day to day work, and asked questions narrowly confined to their field, products, and processes. For a technical pre-sales role, it is important to judge the overall technical skills and customer facing skills. Their interview, however, was limited to whether we had any knowledge of their product.

The VP was much better and the interview with him went better. He asked me to describe 3 challenges in my previous pre-sales role and what I did to mitigate them.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies in September 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by the ASG recruiter who told me about the company, the opportunity, and why the sales positon was vacant. The recruiter began the process and set up the interview with RVP. Met RVP who went over the position, the company, etc. Next step was meeting with AVP to discuss the position and company, etc.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because I discovered that the ASG recruiter lied to me about why the position was open. Candidates should not be lied to by company recruiters. The company should be attractive enough without recruiters that lack integrity telling lies to get candidates to join the organization.