ASG Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ASG Technologies

2.8

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

1. There will be a online test from E yard stick which will be based on C apti, quans, Logical reasoning.
    The selected candidates will have JAM
    2. After JAM they will conduct GD for the selected candidates.
    In which for every batch they will select 2 candidates.
    3. Then they will collect ur Resume. Those guys will have technical round from C,C++,Java in there tpf office.
    4.The selected candidates will have Technical round in asg tech in there office.
    5. At last selected candidates will have HR round

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone call with the hiring manager and a 3.5 HR interview in person. After, I was told they would have me back for another round of interviews. Never heard from the company again.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Naples, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the inhouse sales recruiter shortly after I had applied online through an ad posted on linkedin. I was asked to apply online to the company website, then set up a phone interview that same week. The initial interview took approx. 50 minutes. The recruiter was professional, well informed and did a good job selling the opportunity to me. She then had me complete a sales assessment test and coordinated a "panel" screening with the HR manager. This entire process took less than a week, so kudos to them. I was then contacted by the Regional VP to set up a phone interview. After speaking to him for 45 minutes, he recommended that I meet with the Area VP, who was going to be in my area of the country the next week. I met with him, for approx. 30 minutes and did a mock presentation. We discussed salary, start date. I received feedback from the same recuiter the next day and was sent forms to fill out for the background and drug screening. I recieved an offer letter a few days later, with a fair offer. It was what I had expected, as I had discussed with the Area VP earlier. Overall a smooth, quick process and I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How do I prospect clients? how am I able to get appointments with clients who have no knowledge of ASG? What is the process of the sales cycle and what part do I play in the cycle?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Purchase, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I initially had a 1 hr call with the hiring manager understanding the role and my expertise. Later he sent an online test which was about 1 hr. Then there was an WebEx scheduled to go through the written test and they asked basic C# questions. Next day, I got an email from the hiring manager that they want me in person. I went in. It was more like a Tech conversation with the manager and the VP for about 1 hr 15mins. They said they liked me and agreed to send an offer letter. HR followed up and had a 30 min call, discussed benefits, gave a form to fill etc., I was yet to get the offer letter. Waited for few days and followed up with HR. she said it should be there anytime soon. Next day, got an email that the management changed its mind to search for the candidate in their Barcelona office and they cannot extend me the offer. Few days after I see the position is back up in linkedIn and company site in Purchase,NY location. Same place I was considered for.

I wasn't even told the proper reason for saying NO. Total piece of wreck the company is. I did follow up with the recruiter but I never got a reply.I wasted 10 days going through the interview process and ended up not knowing the reason behind the rejection after verbally offering for the position.

I should have read about the company on Glassdoor before going through the process.

Interview Questions

• Sum of the largest pair in an collection. This was in online written test   Answer Question
    • Find the max number of candies one can have given that he will get a new candy for every n candies that he eats   Answer Question
    • About Agile Methodology. Write user stories for a project . Office inventory project   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASG Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

Lacks discussion structure related to position requirements.

Interviewers:
    not prepared in advance.
    did not know what position I was pursuing.
    not able to explain reasons to work for company.
    did not understand industry current state and company's position in it.
    could not explain why it is a good place to work.
    were unaware of S&P financial rating.
    blamed sales for poor business results.
    made too many references to the CEO's likes and dislikes.

Confusing hiring process. Lots of hurry up and wait, no follow up, last minute changes.

The interviews are difficult because the interviewers are unprepared and distracted.

Interview Questions

• Name each interviewer and the meeting dates. Why were you recommended?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Naples, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

ASG is clueless and disorganized, it was a start then stop process, they provided me with an offer letter and then just before my scheduled start date they cancelled the offer sighting the "Current Economic conditions"

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a prospect asking why you drive such a fancy car?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ASG Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

Moderate difficulty with a phone screening, met with the RVP and a phone call with the AVP. There's a 7 or 8 question profile about your background on the application. Also, the background check is very thorough - employment history, income verification, credit check, and driving record.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience with a negative customer situation and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. The compensation plan is standard and non-negotiable.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASG Technologies.

Interview

1. Contacted by ASG recruiter, phone interview with her about my sales stats, 2. Phone interview with hiring manager, 3. face-to-face with hiring manager, 4. Phone interview with VP of sales, 5. Another fact-to-face with hiring manager including a role play, 6. Phone calls with two top reps. 7. back ground and reference check, 8. Offer letter.

In all, it was about a two week process.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with a brief scenario and asked to role play and get invited by the customer to present a product in a follow-up meeting. (f you can't do this, you shouldn't be in sales). It's a pretty easy test of skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Field Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

Intial phone screen with corporate recruiter, then with the hiring manager, then with area vice president followed by offer and acceptance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - it was a standard offer for all new field sales hires.

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASG Technologies (Norcross, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

I heard from a friend that worked there that they had a job opening and needed more people in their production line. I applied and was called back within a few day. They set up my interview the following day. I went in and was immediately hired and was able to start that next Monday. My experience there was great.