ASM Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASM Research Interview Questions

2.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASM Research in December 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter who interviewed me over the phone. The second was with a hiring manager who likewise interviewed me by phone. Questions were typical of those found in a standard interview. None were too over the top. Both interviewers were personable and professional in their interview approaches.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever completed an assignment under pressure? If so what assignment did you complete and how did you handle the pressure?   Answer Question

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASM Research (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

They contract out with TEKsystems and initially made a low-ball offer to everyone to what they were currently making. Had to fight for a correct amount of pay. Seemed shady and they won contract for VA Hospital by under bidding everyone else. Health insurance is horrible with high deductible and nearly everyone including myself rejected the offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ASM Research (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly smooth and basic. Applied through the ASM recruiter and he set up a Skype interview with the PM. Interview went well and had a follow-up phone interview with the PM, VP and an HR rep. Signed a contingent offer sheet the following week. From the time I applied to receiving an offer was about 4-5 weeks. The contingency contract award process took 3 months and unfortunatley they were not awarded the contract. The only thing I didn't like about the process is they could have done better keeping me informed during the bidding process. I had to ask them for status information during that time and found out they were not awarded the contract by reading a press release. They did not inform me until three days later after I asked them about it. It could have been done more professionally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negoation.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASM Research (Fairfax, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very brief and to the point. It only lasted about a half an hour. Two people interviewed me. They were the Program manager and the project manager.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they were somewhat flexible.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Interview

One 30 minutes short interview, meeting with one project manager and one technical lead. They asked me a few my basic information and a few XML questions. Then ending. I could not remember many details since it was so simple.

Junior Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASM Research (Fairfax, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

1st interview with a third party recruiter, than a face to face interview it was not difficult. Wait around a month to receive an offer 10% below that it was advertise the argument that the project has tight budget. The tier party recruiter does not negotiate only used excuses to offer a very low salary.

Make people waste their time. The company has just won a big VA contract and offer low salaries.

Interview Questions

• Tech questions were normal such as port numbers, cyber attacks.   Answer Question

Offer was below the 10% advertised.

Junior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASM Research in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on indeed.com. Got phone call within few days asking to come in for an interview, got hired a week later. Interview depends on what project you work on and the person interviewing of course. I interviewed for eHMP Vistacore with Josh and it was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Seriously, that's it. They should make it harder. :)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASM Research (Chantilly, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

One in office interview after discussing position with recruiter and going over skills required to be sure there was a match. In office interview with project manager and senior technical person. Project manager talked about the project and also reviewed my work background. Then turned interview over to technical person (both were in the room the entire time). Technical person asked detailed Java software questions, and then some "logic puzzle problem solving" questions. Each time they told me when I got the answer correct, and gave me some bonus questions since I had answered all the other questions correctly. I had a good feeling walking out that I had done well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Several logic puzzle questions, that they wanted you to show your thought process and see if you could get arrive at the correct answer. My feeling was they really wanted to see how you went about trying to solve the problem, and show you could work through a problem fairly quickly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASM Research in May 2014.

Interview

Basic questions on strength and weaknesses followed by technical questions to gauge knowledge level. Interview was one on one with manager followed by a phone interview with program manager. Both conversations were casual and fact finding based on resume.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASM Research (Fairfax, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter via email and then was set up with a phone interview. Interviewed with recruiter and then was set up with an interview with team lead, PM and recruiter. I then came in for a face to face interview with the PM at the Headquarters (Fairfax). I interviewed with PM and other team members on the help desk. I think it was about 3 to 4 days I received a call with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• The give you a list of questions to answer prior to the interview.   Answer Question