ATB Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ATB Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial.

Interview

Process was quick, got contacted for a phone interview before the posting was even closed. A few days later was scheduled for an in person interview. Lots of behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here/What do you know about ATB?   Answer Question

Service Advice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process took two and half week. Friendly and straight forward interview, behavioral questions mostly. Final step is group interview with all the shortlisted candidate. and then decision or job offer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customer?   1 Answer

Market Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone who did not have interview experience. I was told that the culture team was supposed to be there but there was a time conflict. So the head of the team brought someone who has worked as a market research manager for only 3 months at the company. Mostly behavioural questions. However, did not really seem like they even know what answers they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used an ANOVA   1 Answer

PERSONAL BANKING SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite good, but they haven't gotten back to me in over a month to give an update on if there will be a second interview or if I wasn't a successful candidate or anything. Very frustrating not receiving responses to voice mail inquiries. Really love ATB culture so would love to work there. Still waiting for any type of update.

Casual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Diamond, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Black Diamond, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Because I worked casual at two different branches. I had two different interviews. First one was with the CRM we got along great. Second interview at second branch was with the bank manager and the CRM, was very cordial.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember was, how do you feel about the younger generation.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

applied online. after 2 days got a phone interview, then next day face to face interview.
    After about an hour interview, I was advised go home and wait for the response.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel ATM can do more than a teller?   1 Answer

Loans Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview was thorough and the interviewer was friendly and informative. I felt they explained the hiring process well and gave a good timeline for the process. The call back was also friendly and I believe this would be a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position   1 Answer

PERSONAL BANKING SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It lasted for 45 minutes with behavioural questions like tell me a situation where you are under pressure to meet deadline. How did you handle it. Also what are your weaknesses you are working on and yet to overcome.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Cultural-fit quiz is default when submitting your application - do some research on ATB's culture at this point (if you haven't already) to make sure you pass the fit test. Took a few weeks (two or three) after submitting my application to get invited to a screening interview over the phone. Phone interview was 20-30 minutes; primarily cultural questions that (if you know about ATB's culture in advance) are all fairly straight forward. Some standard behavioural and generic job-related questions as well. This is with HR. Next interview was scheduled about two weeks later (HR noted they always conduct two interviews - sometimes three). This was over the phone (I'm out-of-province) and with the same HR professional plus the department director and a senior manager. Some behavioural questions as well as more in-depth technical questions; nothing too difficult - all related to the initial job posting and my prior experiences. Didn't hear back after about two weeks so I contacted HR - followed up within an hour letting me know they went with someone else for X reason (which was fair and feedback was appreciated). Everyone seemed intelligent and friendly throughout the process, albeit busy - so be patient.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ATB?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about ATB?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went out of your way to improve a customer's experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you took a complex data set and concisely explained it to someone else.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current role? Why do you want to take on this role?   Answer Question
    • What innovative technologies are you excited about (in X industry) and how come? How could we use them?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with....(software products)? How have you applied them in your current role?   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ATB Financial (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very well done. first round of interviews is a speed round where you are in a room with 10-15 other applicants and you interview one on one with a recruiter for 15 minutes.