ATI Physical Therapy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.4

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone conversation. Very nice woman from North Carolina. She told me all about the company and about the clinics in the state I was looking for. Overall it was a nice phone interview before the in person interview

PT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did a phone interview, in person interview, and site visit. Then an offer sheet was rendered and you decide whether or not to accept. I was on contact with the recruiter/ interviewer throughout the entire process.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy.

Interview

Applied online. Within 2 days request for phone interview, then an in person interview was scheduled. Was told the interview would be about 30-45 mins so I made appropriate arrangements with my current employer. I arrived to the interview site 5 mins prior to time. The person behind desk barely looked up from her computer to greet me. My interviewer walked in but did not acknowledge me. She had computer lady print off my resume as I sat there waiting. I was finally greeted and escorted to an office. I was asked to tell her about myself and that was it. She leafed through a printed power point designed for employee orientation and talked. I did learn about the company-far more information than I needed as a prospective employee and she learned very little about me. I felt that I had to interrupt her to interject anything during the "conversation"- which I did not do often as she talked extremely fast. The "interview" lasted 1 1/2 hours. I had to do some fancy talking to my current manager as I made the 30 min drive back to work. So far I have not heard anything-but I don't expect to. All she knows about me is on my resume of course and what I look like as I try to act interested in what she is saying as I internally try to figure out what the heck is going on.

I sincerely feel like the interviewer had no respect for the time I was taking out of my day to meet with her. Granted when looking for a job you might be expected to be at the mercy of the company you want to work with; but even after she realized that she had taken up so much time-all she said was that she liked to talk. A simple apology or a thanks would have gone along way. I have no interest in working under her. The company seems great though.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy (Bolingbrook, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by three members of the team, no team lead or manager appeared in the interview.
    Mostly they tried to discourage me to join the team because there is huge workload and no knowledge transfer is available for new team members.

Director, Voice and Data Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy (Bolingbrook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Was contacted and interview was setup. When I arrived for the interview, most of the interviewees didn't know that I was coming in. The first two arrived and then everyone else was scurring to adjust their schedules. Some came in for 15 minutes while others stayed for 2 hours because the next person wasn't available. Some of the interviewees never showed up. It was very perplexing and throws a candidate off his game.

Interview Questions

• They actually tried to discourage me from joining because they said that things were not well structured and anyone from a large organization would have a difficult time without a formal organization and procedures.   1 Answer

Patient Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy (Bolingbrook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in and met with a supervisor and then talked to the director of the department. It was nice talking to the supervisor but the director did not seem interested in what I was saying. Apparently they he already chosen someone who had prior experience. I didn't understand why I was brought in if they already had a candidate in mind.

Co-Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

met with local owners & dept head. Asked questions related to resume, past experience, how I knew current employees who referred me to dept head & owners looking to add staff

Interview Questions

• Asked what I bring to table in terms of knowledge, what would I change? Strategy?   1 Answer

Patient Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy (Bolingbrook, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Asked a bunch of questions that were irrelevant to the role. It's just answering phones. Customer service does not do anything but email all inquiries to us the patient account specialists. The interview was basically to get more information from other departments.

Front Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy (Newark, DE).

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and was called the following day for a quick phone screening. I interviewed at corporate two days later with the OM and a recruiter. That same afternoon, I was offered a meet and greet where I interviewed with another OM, Regional Director, and a Clinic Director. Within the week, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing someone in customer service absolutely need?   1 Answer

Clinical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ATI Physical Therapy.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by a recruiter. First interview at headquarters. Second interview at the site. They explained to me the metrics that sites were measured on - which were compromising to say the least. Patients must be seen 2.6x a week and you must bill on average 4.5 units per session to get the bonus. That was unethical in my mind and their business model does not support seeing more new evaluations to accommodate not seeing returns 2-3x a week (many patients do not need that much therapy). I was told they like to get them in a lot early on because the evidence proves it is beneficial (it does not). As we approach a new era of value based care, this organization is in trouble. They indicated they were moving to new metrics but refused to share with me the new metrics even though they said they were implementing them in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you coach up therapists to treat their patients at least 2x a week?   1 Answer