AVI Foodsystems Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.1

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Jackson, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called in for an interview a month after applying in person. When I arrived I was there with 2 other interviewees where we were all handed apps to fill out again because they had no record of a previous submission. I waited about 15 minutes or so after I was done with completely filling out the app before they brought me back. For the most part I was asked normal questions about the previous jobs I've had and which position I was applying for. There were two people conducting the interview and they both sat very quietly analyzing everything that I said and how I said it. In the end, I asked them how they would handle it if I were to have to go to important events like court hearings where attendance is mandatory to avoid bench warrants. I was then told that if I think I might have regular court hearings then maybe this job/company isn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel with a 5am sharp start time M-F?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke or use tobacco products?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Warren, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed 3 times, including a Chef Test. I was given a verbal offer with salary amount just before meeting the COO. I was told that the COO interview would just be a "confirmation", but he vetoed my hiring. The COO complained about his staff during the entire interview. Good thing I hadn't given my notice. It's VERY unprofessional and discourteous to offer someone a job before the final decision has been made.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go from being a chef to being a DM?   1 Answer

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Nice & personable, nice atmosphere. Easy going & able to take a joke even though it's a serious situation. Very direct. They also explain the entire hiring procedures & policies.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working in this feild?   1 Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc..

Interview

Applied online. Called a week or so aftee. Interview was nowhere near as in depth as I thought, apparently they hire from the hip, one BASIC interview and hired on the spot essentially.

Interview Questions

• Generic stuff ... your pros and cons, why do you want the job, etc   Answer Question

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview was very short. I met with a manager and sous chef for about a half an hour. They didn't offer me a job that day, but called me in several days later for a drug screening. That took a few days and then they called me and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked if I knew the difference between sauté, dice, chop, and if I knew what a julienne cut meant. They asked if I knew how to measure out 10 pounds of potatoes. They also asked I'd be able to work evenings and weekends.   1 Answer

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

The manager wouldn't stop looking at my breasts. He kept talking down on other employees. Telling me I was going to replace a member that didn't work. Other than that, just don't wear tight clothes because the manager is very rude towards women.

Interview Questions

• Do you have hair. What does black peoples hair feel like.   1 Answer

Patient Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Orlando, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was not very organized. You do an interview with all of leadership before they make a decision on hiring you. It just took about 5 weeks and it was very unorthodox.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage putting together a new training for your team.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Jamestown, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Went over hours, pay, policies, and made aware of hair drug testing. Went over uniform and procedures. Made sure I knew what I was getting into and asked if there were any questions.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc..

Interview

No orientation. No handbook. The interview took approximately 1/2 hour. Wasn't even for the job applied for. Told many things that never happened and still no room for advancement. Starting pay was less than quoted.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. (Marysville, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

was asked a few questions about what i thought my best and worst qualities were and about my ability to do the job and be there daily. also had a hair sample drug test

Interview Questions

• what do i think is my best quality   1 Answer