Acadian Ambulance Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acadian Ambulance Service

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service.

Interview

Super friendly atmosphere. HR was thorough about questions asked and was quick to find answer if he did not know. Offered job on the spot and completed paperwork before leaving.

Emt-I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service in June 2016.

Interview

Quite nice people. Very friendly and answered all my questions. Had a little difficulty when it came to 2nd interview with manager(first was with hr rep). They had their act together more than what I had heard about them.

Interview Questions

• The basics(where do you see yourself, why do you want to work for us, etc). Nothing too hard at all.   Answer Question

I would have taken the offer but I could not justify the pay cut for the years of experience. I have worked 911 and had basics make more than what I was offered.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

Like any other interview nothing out of the ordinary. Asked common interview questions. Then after the interview took a test on a computer to test and see if I was a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Where did you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service (Houma, LA).

Interview

Filled out an application online and was called the same day for an interview the very next day. They were short staffed an eager to get me hired. I was a military medic fresh out of training so they were excited that I did not need much training to get started and they knew I would pass the physical. The interview wasn't much of an interview. Mostly asking about my military training and what kinds of schedules I could work and where I wanted to be stationed. Followed by a drug test and physical exam with a lift test. I was hired within 3 days. and started orientation the next week.

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Very laidback and not rushed. They want to know a potential employee. They explain all duties and requirements for the job. Feel free to ask any questions. Great process! No stress involved. Very pleasant interview.

EMT-Basic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

You have to apply and make sure you have all the certifications you need. Make sure your CPR card is up to date because it is a requirement to be employed. After you apply it usually takes a week or two before hearing back from the company. They ask you to come in for a face to face interview and you have 2 interview. One with the recruiter and then one with the Operations manager. Each will ask you a series of questions and they may be the same questions. After your interviews you will receive a phone call stating they would like to offer you a job, you accept or decline. Then you have to go to Lafayette, la for a week long training. After training you return to your area and go through a safety week in which you learn all the protocols and how to check the trucks inventory and under the hood. You do around 10 rides with a paramedic and another EMT-b. After you do your clearing rides you are either assigned to a truck or put into flex scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work for this company? What do you think you will bring to this company? Just the usual questions.   Answer Question

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service (New Orleans, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied from out-of-state and was accepted for an interview, for which I had to fly to New Orleans. The recruiter didn't ask me much about my experience. He jumped right into the process of telling me about work schedule, training, requirements of employment, etc.

EMT-B Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service in September 2013.

Interview

Everyone in EMT class met with the Acadian recruiter towards the end of class. Got a call about 2 hrs after passing National Registry, asking me to come in for another interview. After the interview they sent me straight to a drug testing site, and I started working a few weeks later when my National and State registry applications went through.

Interview Questions

• If your work partner starts to show reckless behavior, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Dress and present yourself very professionally and with a friendly approach... nothing to be overly anxious about; be yourself and be ready to relax and just be yourself, this company is very interested in hiring new to the life employees

Interview Questions

• There was no warning of cross training possible for lower career opportunites   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be professional and bring a thank you card

EMT-Basic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service in March 2013.

Interview

There are usually mass interviews done after a class finishes at the EMS academy. The questions are pretty basic and you have to make a good impression to set yourself apart from the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions such as, " why do you feel that you are right for this position?"   Answer Question