Advance America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance America (Spartanburg, SC) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview, 1/2 day interviews in office, sat in a conference room and different managers and employees came in the talked, I asked a lot of questions about the role and it didn't seem like everyone was on the same page

Interview Questions

• experience, example situations, how I would handle certain situations   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewing was quick, warm and friendly. Explanation of job requirements and expectations were very detailed. A quick and call back response for background check and drug testing and she was excited to get me hired. Scheduling for training was flexible but immediate. I felt like I was seen as a valued employee and this was the start to a fantastic career.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

very positive and simple. Straight to the point. More like introducing myself and walking them through my resume step by step. Did talk about prior knowledge I had in management and pnl.

Interview Questions

• How long did you hold each position at current job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance America (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2010.

Interview

A few basic questions, job overview and drug test information. Pay was not discussed until after the drug testing was complete. The drug test and background check took a few days to figure out. However, the hiring manager barely knew how to run the computer to get the drug test and background check set up. She actually needed assistance from the exiting store manager, and it took about 20 minutes to figure it out.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Denton, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first called on the phone and given about a fifteen minute phone interview with a center manager, she asked general questions. They said I would then need to wait to get an in person interview with the area manager. That took a couple of days to schedule and once I had it I was escorted to the back of the center and the area manager asked me more questions. He kind of went over the ones I was already asked on the phone, that went ok and then I was told I would need to wait for the Divisional Director of Operations. That took the longest, it was about a week before I had that interview. He went over what felt like the same questions but I can't really remember. then it was a drug test and a couple more days wait and then I was called on the phone by the DDO to be told I had the job. I felt that the people at the office I interviewed at were too loud and not professional. One woman was walking around without her shoes on and they did not seem to care about the customers. The area manager was cocky and liked to talk about himself too much. The DDO seemed ok. I would recommend the interviewee to listen to the person speaking and not really talk a lot as they aren't really interested in small talk. They want to make sure you will be a good fit for the company in that you will be strong and not easily run over. I recommend dressing up, I saw people interviewing in really shabby clothing. One important question they ask is "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" You should be able to say something along the lines of "I see myself staying here, working for this company, hopefully moving up"

Interview Questions

• What was something you didn't like about your last supervisor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $15.00 per hour, I was offered $13.50 right off and I accepted it. When I signed my paperwork I was actually given $13.80. They didn't seem willing to really negotiate, or maybe it was that I wasn't really trying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance America (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Once I got there, the general manager asked me basic questions about my skills and level of expertise. He then said that the center management position would be something to work up to but if I was offered the job pending a background check and drug test, I would start in customer service then can enter a training program to become a manager, which was not stated in the advertisement.

Interview Questions

• What activities do you like to do outside of the workplace in your free time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (San Luis Obispo, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Hiring Process was very traditional. Standard types of questions geared to determine if the applicant is trustworthy and responsible. Typical for a money service business. Phone interview was the first step and then an in-person interview followed.

Interview Questions

• What type of animal do you think you are?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I thought the offer was fair initially. In hindsight I should have asked for more in the beginning because merit increases were minimal going forward. When my performance had exceeded my compensation - management was unresponsive to requests to increase my wage.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Ocala, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Too fast hired in one day felt like they just needed someone quick. Interviewer abrupt and to the point. very outspoken made me go on a second inteview with another manager the next day then instructed me to take a drug test on the way called and told me to report to work Monday mind you the interview was on thursday looking back they needed someone "quick" as now I see they cannot keep people as they have a very stressful atmosphere, make you work all day alone with 80 customers with high volumes of cash they need someone to take a look at what the is going on

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Fairfield, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was called and scheduled to inerview with the ddo within 2 weeks of applying for the position. Upon meeting the the DDO I was asked pretty basic questions about my prior work experience and the ddo did an excellent job of explaining the position to me. Once the interview was completed I was told once the background check was complete I would have to take a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Mount Vernon, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic interview questions and asked to sell something. Very simple process with questions you would normally expect from this industry. Whole process only took a few days and the hiring manager was very polite. Received a call about a day after putting in my application.