Advance America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance America Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2018

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great it was the training for actual job itself that was not. I had a phone interview first then a group interview then a one on one with the center I would be working at. They were very nice again it was the work environment that was not!

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

very positive and simple. Straight to the point. More like introducing myself and walking them through my resume step by step. Did talk about prior knowledge I had in management and pnl.

Interview Questions

• How long did you hold each position at current job.   1 Answer

Center Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Huntsville, AL) in February 2018.

Interview

I got called for a phone interview 7 days after i applied online. Then I got a call for a face to face interview with a center manager at one of my local locations 3 days after my phone interview that took place 7 days after my phone interview. Next I I had a face to face interview with the area manager 3 days after my first face to face. From then i was invited to a 4 hour observation day after completion of that i got offered the job and I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gained a customers trust.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you made a mistake at work and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Very simple, typical questions. One interview. One on one, one of my friends knew the manager so that actually helped my case but very professional environment and friendly store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Clemens, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Mount Clemens, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

Basic questions certainly not enough. He was calm..nice and it was surprisingly quiet (deaddd). The store was ran between him (DDO) and another girl at the front desk. Took about maybe 15 mins.. He encouraged me to use any prior experience to answer my questions. Alright bet. Mind you I've been out of work since 12/17 and frankly distraught by me having to leave b/c of harassment, so my poor answers certainly did not help my cause. He's unaware of this but I'm drawing blanks and royally screwing myself despite writing a 12 question loose script that I built from this site.. The marketing part was a surprise, and an area that I lack in so that didn't help either. As far as entry level jobs go he was being very particular. The compensation was a joke, to be a cashier and an marketing minion.. $10.xx? Or less?! A real ad would cost thousands but we're only worth pennies? I don't know if that's normal but it doesn't sound too hot. He mentioned that needed to be done with appropriate businesses (bail bond, retail mall credit card stuff)about twice a week. I'm just saying. I can show you better than I can tell you. They want applications from all backgrounds but won't create an all background interview or atmosphere when you get there. Being a professional that worked in an unprofessional business shouldn't count as strikes against me. And despite all of that I only have short negative experience so what am I supposed to say? It's not that deep.. Lol.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you saw an opportunity but wasn't sure if it was a good one to take.   1 Answer
    • (Not word for word) A time you messed up and the resolution:   1 Answer
    • (Probably just to be nice) What are you doing with your degree?   1 Answer
    • (First Q hated it, because my job of 2 years was mostly acting b/c of poor structure and team work) A time you had to choose between planning and acting? What determined your acting?   1 Answer

Assistant Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

2 interviews over the month of December . I was still working for someone else. They were very understanding and gave me time to give my two week notice .

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

You have to drive to distant locations for interview, not at your home location and if hired (took a month to contact me after interview) then several weeks after an offer to file paperwork to start training) you have to drive to a training center that is pretty far and are not trained well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballwin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (Ballwin, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The usual greet and meet occurred and the assistant manager described the position duties and the company policies and procedures. She explained the training and probationary period as well as the benefits they offered. I was asked to tell about my experience and abilities and interest. Asked if I had any questions that were not answered and that they would get back with me.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America (Columbia, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

It was ridiculous! The interviewer talked more about herself than anything else and any question that I asked about the job was responded to as if I were asking for the secret recipe to Bush Beans! She would respond with answers like, "we will give that information to the candidate we choose." EVEN THE SIMPLIST QUESTION! I stopped asking anything!

Interview Questions

• Every question began or ended with the phrase, "what does it look like?" Must be a company buzz phrase! After I got hired I heard others use it. I only worked there 6 months due to the horrible culture of the company. They absolutely do not practice the respect they preach. Do yourself a favor and don't even bother.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

It was pretty positive, the interviewers were really down to earth. Typical interview nothing out of the norm. It was a job fair. I was told they have a 2 step interview process. So after an initial interview, if they're interested, you have to do a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Name three of your strengths and weaknesses....
      What does customer service means to you.....
      Name a time you had to go out if your way to hell a customer.   Answer Question