Advance Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Financial (Murfreesboro, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

2 interview- 1st with Recruiter. Where you get the opportunity to sell yourself and show them what you can bring to the table
    2nd with district manager.
    If all goes well with that interview they offer you the job. After that you go through drug screening, back ground check, and fingerprinting process/

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Interview

Did initial interview over the phone with the recruiter to make sure job title and salary were a good fit, then went in for face to face interview with recruiter and operations manager. Received official offer letter approximately 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an angry customer, how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Financial.

Interview

2 interviews, one in corporate with the recruiter, the other with District Manager at retail location. Relaxed. Personality test. Was received offer after second interview. Got to see how busy the store is. DM was very informative and honest.

Online Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Financial (Nashville, TN) in January 2018.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair. Applied online, then met recruiter again at HQ for a fit screen (including interview/writing sample/personality test). Went in a second time and briefly met with the hiring manager, whom blew me off (to be fair, it looked like they interrupted him, however, a lack of people skills was clear). Same recruiter ghosted me after personality test and, when I ran into the recruiter (by chance) at another career fair (after still receiving no response asking for an update), the recruiter got all squirrel-y and ran off (really weird in my opinion).

Originally after the personality test stuff (there was some follow-up needed for it - it wasn't just take it and done), I soured on the opportunity and had all but decided to decline the offer if/when it came (still followed up on it for safety sake, but had made my decision). I got the impression that 1) this company was looking for good fit for the owners (husband/wife run operation, here, and the recruiter said they were still very "hands on") more so than the position, 2) couldn't deal with ambiguity and 3) thinks people should be "cookie-cutter" (in line with #2). The recruiter seeming all scared to talk with me - possibly due to some reciprocal idea of not moving forward (even though I had no issues with it) - which confirmed that my next move (declining) was going to be the right move....he definitely couldn't wait to get out of my eyeshot (even to the point of avoiding me again in the next career fair room as I was circling toward his booth lol - all I would've said was "hey, good to see you/hope things are going good", etc. etc. without inquiring further).

But I've rated it as a negative experience due to squirrel-y stuff and poor communication. Had they just said they weren't interested in moving on with my application, I'd have been good to go (and not written this review). Even an automated email would've worked. However it was the weird way they went about the process, not a potential negative decision, that was off-putting to begin with, so they need to start there. They may have thought they were preparing me for a "soft landing", but I just saw it as a lack of EQ on their part.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manager an underperformer.   1 Answer

MT/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Financial (Johnson City, TN) in January 2018.

Interview

My 2nd interview was 3 weeks after my first, and that was due to some position changes. I called the recruiting manager to inquire on my interview and was immediately called back for my second interview. That was on a Thursday and the following Wednesday was called for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceburg, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Financial (Lawrenceburg, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online then was called by a recruiter in Nashville 2 weeks after. She asked me about what I do at my current job and if I have handled cash before. She then sent my information over to a district manager that called me the next day to set up an interview a week later. The interview was very casual and the questions weren't that difficult. I was told that not everyone is right for this position so I was given 120 question personality test that seemed repetitive and a sheet of paper that asked me what I could offer the company. I was told that he did not make the ultimate hiring decision and that he will send my information over to someone that would make the final decision. The next day I was notified by email by that I did not get an offer.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Financial (Chattanooga, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview and Test, then interview with store manager. Then to Nashville for pre employment training, back to Chattanooga to start training in the store with my manager and store staff.

On Line Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Financial (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The Interview process was great, they were able to work around my schedule even offering a day on the weekend. That is all that I have at this time

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Financial (Nashville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was stress free, yet thorough. They made me feel at ease, even though they asked detailed questions. I highly recommend the company. They offer excellent pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavior questions that were pertinent to my role.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Financial (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview with store manager and ops manager in the lobby separately, brought in check stub and other personal info, discussed previous job history, discussed cash handling skills, always smile