Advantage Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advantage Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.1

Club Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions.

Interview

The interview was a joke. Although you're interviewing for a very low paying job (32K), the person interviewing me was on an ego trip (very typical of the people who work in this company) and asked all sorts of long interview questions. Kept me for over an hour when this interview could have easily been 15-20 minutes. It's an entry level job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions I was asked. It was a long time ago. The questions were simple, but the interview was way too long for such an entry level position.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few hours later. The recruiter said he wanted to set a time and date for a phone interview, so we did that.

The phone interview (he called me about 15 minutes late) lasted about ten minutes and consisted of mostly basic questions. It was more of a phone screen. He spent a couple minutes talking about what the position entails, then asked me a few questions, then asked if I had any questions for him. He asked me to tell him a little bit about myself, if I had reliable transportation, my approach to staying organized, etc. I felt like everything went well and I passed the screening. He said he was going to set me up for a second interview and then sent me an E-mail with more information.

The next business day I received a call from a staffing manager who wanted to set up a Skype interview, so we picked a time and date. So I got ready and waited for him to call me on Skype. He never called. I waited over half an hour. I finally called him twice, no answer, left a voicemail the second time, never heard back from him. A couple hours later, I received an E-mail from the first guy who called me, saying that they have decided to pursue other candidates.

This was frustrating. Unprofessional and rude. They could have let me know ahead of time or called me to cancel the Skype interview, and I would have been understanding. But this was ridiculous, especially the way the guy was clearly trying to avoid me.

Interview Questions

• What do you use to stay organized?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

She was very distracted. She asked basic interview questions but would get off topic and talk about her personal life. We were interrupted by another employee and she proceeded to tell me how she thought he was annoying. It was very unprofessional.

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions.

Interview

Lasted about an hour. Interviewed by 3 people all at once. Pretty standard questioning, nothing I would say out of the ordinary or that caught me off-guard. After seeing what some associates have to offer that have been here longer than me, I can say they are willing to give anyone with basic competence a chance.

Interview Questions

• What kind of Excel experience do you have? (Important to have at least an intermediate level)   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Jackson, MS).

Interview

Initially I received a phone call from a recruiter to determine my level of interest in the position. The next interaction was through email until an interview via Skype. I was offered the position during the interview.

Order to Cash Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaines, MI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Gaines, MI).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day by their recruiter, he set up an interview for the following week. The interview was light hearted and felt very comfortable. The manager went over the job and the pay and asked a few behavioral questions then he sent me to take a test and said I could leave after. I received a call from the recruiter asking if I wanted the job and if so I would start the following week, I said yes and he asked about pay; I told him I was fine with the pay that was discussed at the interview but preferably on the higher end of that range. He said he would talk to the manager and get back to me. He never "got back to me" so I followed up and the recruiter called back asking me to interview for a different position. I did and never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Name three people dead or alive you would like to have lunch with.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the best and worse things about you last three supervisors.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a conflict you had at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest strength and weakness   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Fairfield, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was good. The interviewer was very informative, welcoming and had a great personality. I was able to meet the Supervisor and she was also very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about Advantage Solutions?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Little Rock, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

They promise you things that they cannot deliver on when it comes time to do any hiring - excuses suck!I was told I had the job but when the time came the job had gone bye bye.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Norfolk, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was over the phone. Hiring process was done over email and the computer. Had to have a witness to verify that my credentials were mine and we both had to submit paperwork (online) to verify my identity. Did not meet nor speak to my supervisor until already hired and had an issue with training. Took time, but it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• How would you market your product?   1 Answer
    • What if the customer doesn't like the product?   1 Answer

Event Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions.

Interview

The interview process was very simple, over the phone. The hirng process took some time (about two weeks!) and the online trainings were always a nightmare! Trainings are overkill but not very helpful when it comes to the hands-on day to day job. The online systems that they use are also very problematic.