Aeria Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aeria Games

2.8

Sort:

Junior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aeria Games.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by a HR manager in order to schedule a Skype interview with the direct manager I would depend on if offered the position.

The interview was really pleasant. First of all, my interviewer told me all about the company, which was really useful since Aeria Games Europe has gone over quite a huge change of direction in the past year. After that, he went over the job description and he asked me some of the typical questions (what do you currently do, etc)

Afterwards, we moved into the real point. His questions were focused on trying to catch me with my guard off, and to test my capacities to be in a management position, ie: "Imagine you are offered the job and you must get access to the project, and you don't have the password, what would you do?" or "You start working on this and you find out thousands of tasks to be done, how would you priorize them?"

Some of those questions were though, since my interviewer wasn't just satisfied with the first answer. He demanded different approaches and complicated the situation progressively. I really enjoyed those questions, even though I get stucked in some of them. I had to be creative, and I assume my answers revealed my character very much.

After those questions, he asked me if I had any doubt or question for him. I did have some, and he was willing to answer me sincerely, which I highly appreciated. After that, the interview finished. It took about 45-50 mins.

A couple of days later the HR manager got in touch with me again in order to let me know the result. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are offered the job and you must get access to the project, and you don't have the password. You need to obtain the password from the previous manager, who is no longer working on this project. What would you do?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aeria Games (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the software engineering team lead first. After that, I was asked for a project done in the past. After a week of reviewing, I got some more assignment from the team lead. After passing those assignments, I got a date for onsite interview 1 on 1 with the team lead. Two week later, I got the main interview with the current CTO, the architect, and several members of the engineering team.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Aeria Games in May 2013.

Interview

The recruiter I dealt with was very unprofessional. I never had an unpleasant experience like this before.

Initial contact was made through email. He asked me for the best time to be contacted and I responded with a time preference before work (between 9am - 10 am) since I am currently employed and I didn't want to be taking interviews during work hours out of respect for my current employer.

He responded that the earliest he can do is 10am. I was hesitant at first because taking that time slot would mean being late for work. But I managed to reschedule some meetings and I sent over an email in agreement.

A couple of days pass and I did not get any confirmation email from him at all. I was a bit annoyed at this point but I let it slide since I figured that he must be busy and we would most likely have to do the interview another day.

The very next day, he called while I was on the train on my way to work. I was surprised and I asked him if I can call him back because the conversation would be hard to hear because of the background noise. He agreed. About fifteen minutes later right after I got to my destination, I called him and apologized. I heard an audible sigh from the other end and some mutterings about his busy schedule.

After a second of silence, he went straight to the standard phone screening questions in rapid-fire succession. It was very obvious he just wanted to get the process over with.

Everything went downhill when we got to the salary history question.

Now, I highly dislike recruiters asking about my salary history. I feel that it is a personal matter and I only divulge that kind of information to my immediate family, significant other, and a few trusted friends/co-workers. So I responded as diplomatically as I could. Right in the middle of explaining to him the reasons why I won't give him my salary history, he cut me off and berated me for "playing games". He threatened to end the call right then if he doesn't get a dollar figure.

I was taken aback but I managed to compose myself and tried to salvage the situation. I explained myself one more time and politely asked him why he needs to know my current salary so bad. He seemed to calm down a bit and replied that the Web Developer position has a budgeted salary range and they didn't want to waste time interviewing candidates that fall outside the range they've defined.

I then asked him, "Ok. So what is the salary range budgeted for this position?"

I heard him pause, then stammered a bit before saying, "Hey, I asked you the salary question first!"

Oh my god. Are we back in grade school now? I asked you first. No...I asked YOU first...blah blah blah

Thankfully, I did not let it get to that. It is clear that I will not be going anywhere dealing with such an individual so I just gave him a few more polite words then ended the call.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aeria Games.

Interview

Quick hiring process

Game Master Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aeria Games in May 2013.

Interview

One of the girls in HR contacted me for the initial interview by phone. I came in and was quickly seen by two guys, each from a different area of the company. I thought it went well, and the next day I was invited to a second interview. This was a two-part interview, first with Renza and the second part with two more people from other areas again. I left optimistic, but didn't get an offer for the job or a third interview. I eventually got a response to my follow-up email saying they had filled the position internally. I thought Game Master was an entry-level position? Yeah, okay.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a large, important project alongside your regular work duties?   Answer Question

Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aeria Games (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through a posting on Craigslist. Got an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone chat, which was mainly an introduction for the position. No interview questions asked. Then scheduled for an on-site interview. It was a bit awkward because I walked in, and there was no one at the front desk. So I sat down on a couch and waited for someone to walk by so that I could ask them for help. After the skills test, the manager brought in two other people. They sat with their heads looking down at my resume, probably because it was their first time looked at it. It was sort of silent as I waited for them to ask me questions. Overall, I had to remind the manager about giving me updates and I expected more questions at the interview! Looked like a cool company with exciting projects, but too bad I didn't make the cut! :(

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education experience. Questions about resume.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

Interview went in quite comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Technical as well as logical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• General bug determination and cause assessment questions as well as some tech: SQL, Mac and mobile platforms knowledge questions.   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aeria Games (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

One phone conversation with the HR manager then followed up with an onsite with direct manager. Usually needs to talk to more than 2 coworkers plus the manager. Young company with lots of energy but prepare for hard work. The interview questions are mostly profession related so be prepared

Mobile Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Aeria Games.

Interview

The process was extremely slow, and very chaotic. Once I eventually "passed" the phone call from someone who didn't know what the title Product Manager meant, I had an interview at their office. I came in to the office and had an interview with two product managers who did not even truly interview me.

I went through one of the most pointless interviews I have ever done by two men who had little interest in who I was as a person and did not ask a single question about about my work experience or why I was qualified for the job. Instead of interviewing me, they were rude and simply asked me one question they heard Google employees ask their recruits to test my thinking process while being clearly distraught and arrogant throughout the process.

One question, for an hour. AWFUL

Interview Questions

• They simply asked me how much the Statue of Liberty weighs. That's it.   1 Answer

Because of the way they treated me and how they were merely sales focused only.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aeria Games (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2011.

Interview

I found the offer online, sent in a written application on the job.

Within a few days I received an invitation for an interview in Berlin, so I went there. The interview was just between the teamleader, HR and myself, took about 2-3 hours.

After I left I went back to the train. While I was in there HR called me and offered the position. That's it :)