Air Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Air Canada

2.8

Airport Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was a 2-step process. I had to take a proficiency test and when I passed, I had a formal interview. The people that interviewed me were flown in from headquarters in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got reached by e - mail , they scheduled an interview. Were interested, why me? why they? Interview

I received a call from AC Talent Acquisition a couple of weeks after I have submitted my application online. I was asked if I am available for a brief pre-screening interview and was asked several questions in English and French about my competences, experience, was given a couple of inflight scenarios and asked to provide solutions (15 mins). The next day I was scheduled language assessment tests over the phone (English, French (10 mins) and other (10mins)) where they asked similar questions while for the third language I was asked to translate the inflight passenger announcements. The next round was composed of intelligence and personality online tests (roughly 1- to 1,5 hours). For the learning abilities/intelligence tests you will need a lot of concentration, stay focused and work quickly. The following day I was scheduled for a F2F interview the same week. The interview followed by a group interview (if you were selected). Each group is composed of 4-6 applicants observed by a couple of AC representatives while you are given inflight situations and asked to discuss and provide solutions. Showcase your team spirits, positive and helpful demeanor and exhibit an air of confidence, you are mostly being judged by the attitude. Selected candidates have been assigned medical appointments right after the group interview, others were released with a promise to contact them in 4-6 weeks which probably does not necessarily mean that they were not picked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Fleet Manager for AC? Tell me about your current job. Talk about a time when you went an extra mile for a customer. Difficult co-worker. Stressful situation and how you handled it...
      ↳   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada in October 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a FA for AC? Tell me about your current job. Talk about a time when you went an extra mile for a customer. Difficult co-worker. Stressful situation and how you handled it...   7 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada in July 2018.

Interview

online submission for all required document. Phone call received appro. 3 weeks later from talent aqui. team. phone interview directly. Language tests were assigned after the phone interview. the hiring rep. explained perfectly about what will happened after the interview. very clear. after that you have to wait for the F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• why you choose AC? what was your related job experience? How to handle stressful situation while you were working.   3 Answers

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Canada (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager to have an interview in Montreal. The interview was quite extensive. The first part was an excel type question/quiz. It had 4 questions, but you had to write why you came to the conclusions that you did. Then it was followed by a math test. After this was the first round of interviews with the hiring manager and another director from a different team. After this was just a meeting with the director of the group and just a chat about your past experience. Then it was back to one more round of interviews with the hiring manager. Then I flew back right after this.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the optimal load factor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Canada (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online at www.aircanada.com and found the hiring director on "linkedin" to personally send my resume to. Within 6-weeks I was called by the HR department for a quick phone interview that just went over my resume and a few technical skills. 4-weeks after my phone interview I was ask to come for an in-person interview at their HQ in YUL. Interview was about 1.5 hours long and met with 3 different individuals (Pricing Director, RM Director, and HR Director). 4-weeks after the in-person interview an offer was given.

Interview Questions

• - What's an optimal load factor for any given flight?
      - Who are Air Canada's biggest competators and why?
      - What are some current events today effecting the Airline industry?
      - What would you do as Manager in your first week of employment?
      - What is an effect pricing strategy for a flight flying from Toranoto to Rome?
      - What is your understanding of the A++ partnership?
      - What were your biggest accomplishments in your previous position?
      - How would you deal with a team that was unmotivated and what actions would you take to correct any issues?   1 Answer

Air Canada offered $80,000 and 3-weeks vacation. Salary was low for Manager type position in the downtown Chicago area. Flight benefits were not as good as other US carriers and flying domestically would be a challage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key Biscayne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Canada (Key Biscayne, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online March 6 ,2017 in Miami .got an email 5 minutes later for an interview on HireVue. It was very easy questions , about 18. All in English.havent heard from them yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AC?
      What is teamwork?
      What's the roll of a CSA?
      Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Canada (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email immediately. Invited me to do an on-line video interview via HireVue.
    The questions are flashed on the screen, you have 30 seconds to think of your answer, then 3 minutes to answer which is more than enough time. There were 18 questions. I think 7 questions were open-ended. The rest were polar (Yes-No) questions. After the video interview, they send you an email via HireVue to confirm that you've completed it and tells you a representative of Air Canada will contact you for the next steps. Been waiting for almost two weeks now. I hope if they don't hire me, they at least inform me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Air Canada?   Answer Question
    • What is teamwork?   Answer Question
    • (Something like) There were 2 kids going to a trip to Disneyland, but they weren't seated together. How would you handle it?   2 Answers
    • What is the role of the Customer Service Agent?   Answer Question
    • (Something like) How did you handle a safety-sensitive situation?   3 Answers
    • Tell me a situation where you went above and beyond a for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What interested you most in the position and why do you feel that you are fir for the position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Air Canada in November 2017.

Interview

I applied my resume on Indeed then 2 days later got a video interview. I could practice as much as I want. That was good. When the interview starts, you have 30 seconds for thinking about answers then you can record. There were 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• A family is going to Disney in an airplane. The family has 2 kids but the children's seats are separate. What can you do for them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I received a call a couple weeks later asking if I was still interested in the position and if I would like to come in for an in person interview at LaGuardia Airport in NY. The instructions said to arrive at the desk agent area and ask for a specific manager. I also had to have a copy of resume, filled out forms, and a copy of my college diploma (instead I brought my college transcript, which they took. I did not like that especially since this interview was a bust)
    Due to massive construction at LaGuardia it was difficult to navigate where to go on my interview day and it was very frustrating.

Once I got to service desk and asked for the managers they apologized about how hectic it was and that they were having a bad day but they would not let it impact my interview. I was then told to wait. Then I was led into this TINY little office where I was interviewed by them. One of the managers I could tell was NOT very warm, friendly and welcoming. He acted so disinterested in me as a candidate and was borderline unprofessional. It was as though they were just going through the motions just to complete the interview. To be honest, the minute I saw the work area, met these "managers" and felt the atmosphere, I knew right then and there I did NOT want to work here. It's as if they were in a rush to usher me out the door. It was just horrendous. I'm sorry but I Hated the experience overall!

Interview Questions

• There were a lot "tell me about a time" questions. At the very end, they also gave you role play situation, where you had to read a scenario on a piece a paper and then act it out. The question I had was:
      There's a very line of passengers waiting to check in and you have a passenger that does not want to pay to check their bags because they never had to pay before while traveling. And the customer is persistent. How do you get them checked in before the flight leaves while also dealing the long line.   1 Answer