Alberta Blue Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alberta Blue Cross Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.9

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross.

Interview

ABC phoned me within a week of my application and carried out a standard phone interview, letting me know that I would "for sure" hear back from them. After almost 4 weeks, I gave them a call and waited 3 business days until I left a second voicemail. I received a call from the same HR rep I interviewed with, except this time she sounded very annoyed that she had to phone me back ("What do you want" tone). I inquired about the position and she responded with very typical, standard responses. Very soon after, I found out that I didn't get the job via their emailing system. Overall, I found the phone interview to be outdated and old-fashioned.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this role?   1 Answer
    • Are you planning on taking any holidays in the relatively near future?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst, PL/SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Standardized test to get a quick understanding of your IQ. Followed by multiple choices to test your professional background. Had an interview with 2 managers and a HR recruit, the process starts with HR talking about company culture and values, follow by manager long list of questions to get a through understanding of your technical background and IT specific experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard list of questions for IT professional.

Mentioned a few times about outdated technologies and processes, the reaction on the manager face indicated I may have step on their foot by accident. Technologies is constantly changing and holding on to tradition will sure speed up their system architecture demise.   1 Answer

not interested

Drug Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process started with a basic phone interview, mostly asking where I place myself on a scale of 1 to 10 for certain qualities (such as computer skills), why I was leaving my current job and what my salary expectations were. I was invited to an in-person interview during the same call that was scheduled for a few days later and was told to expect 1 hour of testing and 1 hour of interview. The testing included an IQ test, an accuracy test and a personality test. The interview itself was with an HR employee and the department manager. It was very straight forward, mostly experience based questions that asked for examples from previous positions. They also covered company background and the benefits of working there. I was allowed plenty of time for questions, which were all answered very well. I was told it would be one to two weeks before hearing from them. They called my references the next day and offered me the position the following week. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you didn't get along with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • How have you improved/benefitted your current workplace?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had phone interview first asking typical questions like why I wanted the role. I was then called for a face to face interview with the manager and an HR staff. I had to take a data accuracy exam and a personality quiz on the same day. It took about 2 weeks before I heard back that I didn't get the role.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weakness, what to do when trying to meet a deadline and you're swamped with work   Answer Question

Individual Health Insurance Representative Interview

Application

Interview

The first time it is a telephone interview just to screen you.. the HR rep was so nice over the phone. Then its a 2 hour long testing then a final interview with The HR rep

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your old position   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

When Alberta Blue Cross has a number of IT vacancies, they will schedule a career fair at a local hotel. This is a great way to get fast-tracked through the application process. The interview was a fairly standard interview; I had two: one with some IT managers, and a second with some business managers. The company also uses the Wonderlic personality test and an Aptitude test (like an IQ test; can't remember the name) to pre-assess people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly specific to the role for which I was applying. There were some business centered questions to ensure that the applicant is able to talk/relate with system users and business representatives.   Answer Question

Claims Assessor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross in February 2016.

Interview

Relatively quick turnaround from when I applied online to the actual interview. Did not give much lead-time for the interview; wanted to know if I could come in the next day. Deferred and scheduled it for the following week.

There is a personality/skills review in which you answer questions about how you would react in certain situations. Then there is a test that you go through that analyzes analytical, math, and logic skills. Easy enough and not too stressful if you take your time and relax.

Then you meet with the HR staff and they ask you the generic questions. They did ask how many days I was ill in my previous job - apparently that's a big deal to them because I noticed it in other reviews. When it's your turn to ask questions you get the generic responses in return, so it's hard to assess what the atmosphere, team, and job is really like.

They ended up calling one of my references, and then that was the last I heard of them. In the interview it was stated that they would let me know either way within x amount of time. Well that time came and went, and I received no answer either way. It was really frustrating given that they had called one of my references. I left a voicemail, then waited three days, then left another one. Eventually I just gave up and approximately three weeks later received the generic email confirming that they had chosen another candidate.

I was not/am not upset that I didn't get the job. However, I am disappointed that the HR personnel did not have the courtesy to stick to their word or follow-up when appropriate. A simple email (not a generic computer generated message weeks later) or phone call to say that they had chosen someone else would have sufficed and made me feel better about the company.

Interview Questions

• How many days were you off sick last year?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when... (dealing with an irate coworker, etc)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I have completed the pre interview testing and found it to be quite elementary . First we were asked to complete a quiz which had a variety of questions , some T/F , some mathematical , some comparison . We were not permitted to use any calculators even though some of the questions were hard unless you have excellent mental math skills. We were required to answer questions on average sales per week based on 4 large numbers, questions on percentage of retirement investment based on income etc. The second portion of the test was data entry. The third and final portion was customer service calls and we were asked to navigate the call based on the scenario . Some of the tests were timed . I was pretty disappointed about this testing as I felt it was quite standardized and would single out people who are more hands on learners. I don't expect a call back at this point.

Interview Questions

• Which of these groups of numbers is not identical ( based on a group of 5 sets of numbers )   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by three managers in the HR department after writing a test. The test was your standard IQ test that compared different shapes, math and questions to challenge your knowledge of English. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Claims Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then followed by a face to face interview.
    Had to do a skill tests, an accuracy test then a personality quiz test. Then I was interviewed by 2 people.