Alder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alder

1.9

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alder (Orem, UT).

Interview

The interview took around thirty minutes. They also requested a writing sample. Unfortunately, I have never heard from them; I was ghosted. Since this company lacked the professionalism to send an email explaining they went with a different candidate, I would not recommend this company. Also my writing sample was free work, so I am not sure if they are using it. The company also low-balled the job. They want someone to do a lot of work for small of amount of compensation. From reviewing former employees reviews on Glassdoor, it appears to be company policy.

If an organization can't be bothered to give you a prompt update about candidacy status after an interview, it signals serious internal problems.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alder (Orem, UT).

Interview

Relaxed, simple and personalized. The questions were very focused on my personality and what I would contribute to an environment where customers can be upset and creative problem solving is required.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alder.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, seeing if you are an outgoing person. Interview is meant to be fun so there is not a whole lot of pressure on you but they make you feel comfortable. Only had to do two interviews.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alder (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2018.

Interview

A representative from Alder called me about a day after I applied. He asked me a few questions about my experience, then had a Field Service Manager join in on the call. She asked me about my experience as well, then told me a little more about the company and position. Then offered me a position on the spot over the phone.

Senior SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alder (Orem, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

Everything was great they showed me around the building and introduced me to everyone on the top floor. The interview went smooth and everyone was very helpful and helped me understand my role and expectations.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alder (Orem, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through indeed. Heard back from Taylla the same day I applied and set up my interview. The interview was about 30-40mins. I was pretty nervous about the interview. But Taylla was awesome and really professional.

Interview Questions

• Like most interviews I’ve done. They asked the question, “tell me a little about yourself”. I find this question redundant. However, when I was asked this time, we ended up talking about my passions and my strengths. It was great because it seemed like they are not just looking for another person. But, they are looking for people who will fit Alder and their values.   1 Answer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alder (American Fork, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

I had direct communication with the hiring manager and over the course of a two month period and multiple postings for the same position I was able to finally secure an interview. At the interview I was escorted to the hiring managers office and it appeared that even with the set appointment I seemed to be more of an inconvenience than a real candidate. During the interview I was informed that the position came open when he "fired" all the "weird designers" from the project because they cared way too much about what they were doing and not more about getting done what the company wanted.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking to get?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle completing projects when you want to work on them more but need to stay to a schedule?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to work independently or do you need others to get the work done?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alder (Orem, UT).

Interview

Bro talk. Came in and sat down with the interviewer. Asked me my schedule and when I could start. Talked about themselves and how awesome they are in the company and that this is a "chill" place to work. This was the most unprofessional interview I have ever had in all my years working.

Technical Support Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alder (Orem, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process could have been handled by one person, but it turned into a panel interview by 2 technical supervisors.
    I was asked to bring in a copy of my resume, and when I did they printed off another copy to read.
    There were some fairly basic questions asked, nothing which would indicate that you are interviewing for a technical / troubleshooting type of position, it was more in line of bro-talk, nothing serious.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure and how many calls were you expected to take at your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, I was in and out within roughly 15 - 30 minutes.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alder (Orem, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. There was 2 weeks in between initial interview and second interview/job offer. The interview wasn't intimidating at all. It felt very friendly and natural. The questions asked were general and easy to understand.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in IT?   1 Answer