Amadeus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.8

C++ Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Simple Coding challenge, mix of MCQ and algo questions. Followed by a Skype interview which is the most difficult part, not because of the questions but the attitude of the company.
    Worst HR and interview experience yet.
    Everything is your fault. Poor connection, interviewer being late or cancelling and not responding to mails for a week. No explanation, nothing. If you manage to clear the skype round, there's an onsite. Being the cheapest company ever, they'll try to fly you in and out on the same day even if you had a 6 hour flight. No lunch or bathroom break, dive into 4 rounds of back-to-back interviews. Simple stuff, OOPS, algos, design patterns. They care mostly about you memorising all design patterns. Prepare for behavioural questions too.

The office is in a remote location. You'll have to buy a car if you want to work here.
    I wouldn't recommend working here.

Interview Questions

• Constructors, object minimization, dynamic programming, sorting through given data finding results. Design patterns, multithreading.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was simple. I applied online and got an interview call the next week. The interview was telephonic. They don't ask much coding. They just want to see that you know the basics and can fit in the company's culture. Some of the questions were: describe the difference between overriding and overloading, what is functional programming, etc. They also asked about previous experience and some questions on resume projects.

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. One with HR and a recruiter. The second was with the head of my department. (communications). About a 2-3 week process. drug and background check, education verification as well.

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

Discussion with the N+3 manager of the team in his office. It was more an unformal inteview.
    Answer came one week after the interview and I started to work one month after the interview

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It took almost a month. I had applied online. After first skype interview, it took 20-25 business days to be done with the final onsite round. It was pretty good. Interviewers were really polite and experienced.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to come in person for an interview a few weeks later. First interview took about a half hour. Then came back in for a second more in depth interview which lasted almost 2 hours.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with a senior recruiter. The recruiter was completely unprepared for our interview, she didn't know who I was or what role it was for. Her questions were generic and she did not seem interested in our phone call at all, it was a waste of time. The communication also left a lot to be desired. I was told they wanted to move forward and that they would contact me for a second in-person interview with the hiring manager but then over a month went by with no communication. No responses to my follow ups, and when I finally got a hold of the recruiting coordinator, I was told I would receive a response soon. I finally got my response 2 months later that they would not be progressing any further.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

Get contacted after 3 weeks job application
    Replied recruiter, but looks like message was missed.
    So the appointment is not confirmed, however the hiring manager still waited for me to dial in a video call.
    No good
    Rescheduled and I took half day off to attend the interview, but hiring manager did not show up.
    Rescheduled again to phone call only interview.
    Asked several questions
    4 weeks later, got rejected email with a strange name to address me.

Horrible process

Interview Questions

• How to find the telephone number match with certain format?
      Or similar question?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

There were 4 rounds with different team members from Analyst to Manager & HR. It took a day for interview process to complete which is pretty fast.
    The interviewers were knowledgeable.
    Got the selection news within 2-3 days but the offer took 2 weeks to process.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions but personal questions like are any plans for kid or any plan to relocate.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick call with HR to schedule Interview.
    1st Phone interview with hiring team lead
    2nd Coding - knowledge test
    3nd onside consisting 4 rounds - 1hr each.
    4th - no idea - might be HR for offer discussion

Good. Onsite interview is done based on work culture. Very casual, expect no one to receive you or front desk attain-dent to be present. Interview rounds are good with different people asking different things from coding skill to design to project worked on etc

HR feedback is quick

Interview Questions

• 1. HR - no questions - detail to schedule interview

2. Team Lead - Qs on work experience, design pattern, SDLC (nothing specific regarding code/programming)

3. Programming exercise - They send link of codingame exercise. Each question will have it's own time to answer. Ranging from 30 seconds to 5minute.
      Before test do practice on codingame.com - easy section. This will give you feel of tool and concept of what kind of problem to expect.
      Apart from programming, there will be short questions to check C++ knowledge.
      Design patter based - Problem statement given and you will have to write best suited design pattern.
      if(a=b) - assignment not comparison
      virtual destructor based question - like which destructor will be called first.

4. onsite -
      write program to check palindrome - then dissection of it interms of space, time, memory (read/write), readability, etc
      Write UML representation of solution you will have for deriving result for available flights based on customer input. So search page is feeding input where customer will input to-from, date, etc, now show how you will implement rest of work to give a suitable resultset

Design memory unit of fixed size. once full, if new data comes - delete oldest entry n store new entry.
      my last Project related question, agile based questions.

Create regex function with 2 input - regular expression n string. output expected was substring which mathes regular expression n number of times it matched   Answer Question