Amadeus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amadeus Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.8

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

Discussion with the N+3 manager of the team in his office. It was more an unformal inteview.
    Answer came one week after the interview and I started to work one month after the interview

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with a senior recruiter. The recruiter was completely unprepared for our interview, she didn't know who I was or what role it was for. Her questions were generic and she did not seem interested in our phone call at all, it was a waste of time. The communication also left a lot to be desired. I was told they wanted to move forward and that they would contact me for a second in-person interview with the hiring manager but then over a month went by with no communication. No responses to my follow ups, and when I finally got a hold of the recruiting coordinator, I was told I would receive a response soon. I finally got my response 2 months later that they would not be progressing any further.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

Get contacted after 3 weeks job application
    Replied recruiter, but looks like message was missed.
    So the appointment is not confirmed, however the hiring manager still waited for me to dial in a video call.
    No good
    Rescheduled and I took half day off to attend the interview, but hiring manager did not show up.
    Rescheduled again to phone call only interview.
    Asked several questions
    4 weeks later, got rejected email with a strange name to address me.

Horrible process

Interview Questions

• How to find the telephone number match with certain format?
      Or similar question?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

There were 4 rounds with different team members from Analyst to Manager & HR. It took a day for interview process to complete which is pretty fast.
    The interviewers were knowledgeable.
    Got the selection news within 2-3 days but the offer took 2 weeks to process.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions but personal questions like are any plans for kid or any plan to relocate.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick call with HR to schedule Interview.
    1st Phone interview with hiring team lead
    2nd Coding - knowledge test
    3nd onside consisting 4 rounds - 1hr each.
    4th - no idea - might be HR for offer discussion

Good. Onsite interview is done based on work culture. Very casual, expect no one to receive you or front desk attain-dent to be present. Interview rounds are good with different people asking different things from coding skill to design to project worked on etc

HR feedback is quick

Interview Questions

• 1. HR - no questions - detail to schedule interview

2. Team Lead - Qs on work experience, design pattern, SDLC (nothing specific regarding code/programming)

3. Programming exercise - They send link of codingame exercise. Each question will have it's own time to answer. Ranging from 30 seconds to 5minute.
      Before test do practice on codingame.com - easy section. This will give you feel of tool and concept of what kind of problem to expect.
      Apart from programming, there will be short questions to check C++ knowledge.
      Design patter based - Problem statement given and you will have to write best suited design pattern.
      if(a=b) - assignment not comparison
      virtual destructor based question - like which destructor will be called first.

4. onsite -
      write program to check palindrome - then dissection of it interms of space, time, memory (read/write), readability, etc
      Write UML representation of solution you will have for deriving result for available flights based on customer input. So search page is feeding input where customer will input to-from, date, etc, now show how you will implement rest of work to give a suitable resultset

Design memory unit of fixed size. once full, if new data comes - delete oldest entry n store new entry.
      my last Project related question, agile based questions.

Create regex function with 2 input - regular expression n string. output expected was substring which mathes regular expression n number of times it matched
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applying for a position which, in nutshell, should have been supporting legacy C++ code for legacy salary.
    Stage 0: a chat with HR/recruiting specialist.
    Stage 1: automated quiz on codingame.com consisting of 40+ questions ranging from "how do you get a pointer to variable: &v, *v, or getptr(v)" to "identify this design pattern" to "program a simple task in 20 minutes".
    Advice: spend a weekend practicing on codingame.com to solve at least "Easy" section and read through at least Wikipedia section on design patterns: they seem to have some affection to this stuff.
    Stage 2: chat over Skype with a tech dude. Mainly, about your past experience, no actual tech quiz.
    Stage 3: onsite interview, as usual.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that prints the temperature closest to 0 among input data. If two numbers are equally close to zero, positive integer has to be considered closest to zero (for instance, if the temperatures are -5 and 5, then display 5). Time limit: ~20 minutes.
      // This is exactly a task from CodinGame's "Easy" section
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

I was asked to choose two of the test, either c or java coding assessment test, i chose java

First step - Assessment Test- was tough, basic plus and code writing problems.

Interview Questions

• Skype interview - Asked me to write a program to check whether the word is palindrome or not in java   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Applied through my school's portal. The process took a month. The recruiter reached out to me. First, an online coding test. 10 days later a technical interview on Skype. The questions were based on core java and REST API.
    A week later had on site interview. There were total 5 interviews. Interviews were a mixture of technical, behavioral and communication skills. In technical, I was tested on both algorithms and design. More than the difficulty of the algorithm, the approach to the problem was important. They were very quick in letting me know the result at every step.

Interview Questions

• A question on extracting information from logs. A question involving binary search and hash table. An API design problem. Some questions on java concurrency. Describe a project in detail.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

1) Call from recruiter to clarify some basic questions like availability, job functions etc.
    2) Online programming test
    3) Skype call about 1 hour, technical screening.
    4) On-site interview, 1 technical and 1 non-technical round

Interview Questions

• Programs testing your knowledge on data structures, algorithms. Design related questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and also handed over my resume to the recruiter who visited my campus.

Got an email after a month.

One round of interview with the team lead. Met with 2 team members via Skype. Basic stuff from your resume and past experience and how the team can benefit from it. Nothing too difficult