American Campus Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Campus Communities

2.6

Community Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Baltimore, MD) in March 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by an operational manager and one of the supervisors of the apartments. They were pleasant to talk with and made me feel comfortable with the process. It was a standard interview that focused mostly on customer service, marketing, and strong personality. The only thing that I might change about them is that they require 2 recommendation letters in which I was tasked with providing in 3 days through mail. This was an impossible task as I have not prepared some in advance. I believe I would of had a better chance of moving through the hiring process if any of the applications or prompts have told me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a community assistant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Lubbock, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Super easy! Be yourself! The people that interview you are looking for people that can work well on their team. They can train you on what you need to know, but they can't change if you'll be a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview with all the managers, asking you what curb appeal is what being a community assist means to you, what you believe your strengths and weaknesses are. They also asked if I had ever been in a situation where I had to disagree with a boss or employer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Gainesville, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral, they want outgoing personalities working in the front office so they were looking for that kind of person. Part of the interview process involved being given a map of the property and some key information and then having to give a tour of the property off memory.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

You apply on americancampus.com/careers, and then, if they like your resume, they send you a link to take a video quickly answering some questions. Then, they have you come in for a group interview and pick a few people out of the group to continue on to the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Charlotte, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with about 5 other candidates. We were taken to the tour apartment and given clipboards with a scenario on them. We had to interact with one another and make a decision based on the scenario, where 5 interviewers observed. The single interview consisted of three interviews in one room, each asking three questions each. It took about two weeks for the decision to be made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Vestal, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

First, there was a video interview that was conducted on probably the poorest working platforms for video interviews I have ever used. We were told to come at a specific time for a group interview in which they were running 30 minutes behind for each group. This is only the first of many unprofessional things they did during this entire process. We walked in the room with a prompt to discuss as a group and thus just watched us. They claimed they would email us back at a specified later time in order to let us know if we would be selected for personal interviews. A few days after the date they claimed to want to have personal interviews they did not email me a rejection or acceptance. I decided to email the assistant manager in charge of the group interview a thank you and a follow up email. She did not respond to me at all and a few days after that I finally got an automated email back. All of this was extremely unprofessional. It may be for the best you do not pursue working here if they are willing to act this unprofessional about the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What does being a community assistant look like to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

1. Must put in an application.
    2. Do the video portion of the application. (Answering a few questions. Not a live interview with managers.)
    3. Get invited to the group interview.
    4. Get invited to the in-person interview with the managers.
    5. Get Hired!

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

They first had you apply online and complete a video interview, but they don't actually watch them. Then I had a group interview, then a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview

The interview process is multi-step: There is an online application, a video interview, a group interview, then a single interview. Managers will review the applicants throughout all the steps. The group interview and single interview are probably the most important, as they really look for interpersonal skills, leadership, and autonomy.

Interview Questions

• What makes this company outstanding from the rest of the similar (student housing) companies?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did not agree with a superior's opinion and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • How are you a leader in the community?   Answer Question
    • How do you see this job connecting to your life as a student-worker?   Answer Question