American Campus Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Campus Communities Interview Questions

Interviews at American Campus Communities

2.6

Leasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had and the most unprofessional. I had a phone interview, which sounded like it went well. The manager asked if I could schedule to come look at the complex. I asked if 2 weeks from then was too late. She stated she would call her boss and she would 100 percent follow up with me. I didn’t hear anything for a few days and called her to follow up and she stated she still hadn’t heard from her boss but would follow up with me still. The date I requested to look at the complex was a few days ago and I never heard anything. This morning I received the most generic rejection email from corporate and NEVER heard from the branch manager. I almost wonder if she was just lying to me this whole time that is fine if I wasn’t a contender for the job, I get it. But don’t make promises if you don’t mean them. She should have followed up with me. I never want to work for this company if this is how unprofessional they are.

Community Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview

Group interview with about 30 other applicants. After a call back this was then followed by an individual interview about 2 weeks after. The individual interview was 15 minutes and about 16 questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy going basic why American Campus questions, they give you a virtual interview then group then in-person interview. They are not hard especially the virtual one because its just written questions and not an actual interviewer.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview involved went about two weeks. There were two phone interviews followed by two zoom interviews the next week. They let me know the following week that I wasn't chosen for the position.

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with the property manager and then with the regional Leasing and Marketing Director, each interview was done through Zoom and lasted about 10 minutes. Talked about the expectations of the role as well. Since I interviewed during turn there was an emphasis on having worked a prior turn and understanding the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Campus Communities.

Interview

just a group interview where they look at how you interact with other people, they look to see who is the leader and takes initiative in the conversations. Also some sole interviews and an online interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Auburn, AL) in April 2020.

Interview

Started with a virtual question and answer style interview where you record your own responses, they then called me for a phone interview because this was during the coronavirus outbreak. All in all the interview process was pretty quick and straight to the point

Interview Questions

• What does being a community assistant mean to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Campus Communities (Eugene, OR) in April 2020.

Interview

Zoom call with all three locations in Eugene. They took turns asking questions for just over an hour. It was a bit overwhelming, but the questions weren't too challenging. The managers were very nice and understanding, but the interview didn't leave much space for questions until the end.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you've accomplished that you're proud of?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities in April 2020.

Interview

Had a conversation with the hiring manager by phone. Lasted about 45 minutes. Then moved on to a panel interview with 6 people in succession over almost 3 hours. Was exhausting, as most panel interviews are, but not overly difficult. I got a good impression of everyone I worked with.
    Only one other person made it to the panel stage along with me. They hired that person. What disappointed me was that they didn't bother to let me know this after the interview. I received the automated rejection email about 5 or 6 weeks later. Unfortunately, this is the norm with most companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe projects you've worked on and just general experience questions. Overall fairly conversational. Presented me with a short list of business requirements and asked me to prioritize them. Asked a few technical questions that weren't overly difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Campus Communities in March 2020.

Interview

The hiring process was well organized at first but with they didn’t handle the process well after COVID. They ended the process on a whim and left me hanging until two weeks before the start date.