American Century Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Century Investments Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.8

Associate Interview

Interview

They are very unorganized in their interview process. It was very unprofessional as well. There wasn't clear communication from HR. I was along strung along for 3 months. The recruiter was also very hard to get in touch with.

The process started with a phone interview then I had to meet with multiple people in person from the hiring manager, recruiter, head of the group, and team members. I had to meet with a few people multiple time. It was also obvious there was no clear lines of communication with HR and team members.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Century Investments.

Interview

Process was quick, interviewed with a manager and team lead together, asked standard questions. Very quick to respond and offer the position if applicable. Overall the whole process was pretty standard to other company's interview processes

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews. The first one was with the HR, the second with my manager. The third one was with two other people from the team.
    The first round was about them getting to know me. The second and third rounds were technical

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome coding challenges in an office setting as opposed to a classroom setting?   1 Answer

Investment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview was schedules and went smoothly, but it was an outside company doing the initial interview. I thought I did well and expected to received an invitation to be interviewed by company manager. The one thing I found bad is that I never got a callback for feedback positive or negative.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about the stock market and how I would convey confidence to investors choosing this company.   Answer Question

Director of Client Marketing Interview

Interview

Top notch professionals all the way. Everyone is excited about the work they do and the people they work with in the office. I had four interviews and met several other people along the way. All were happy, calm, gracious, and professional.

Investment Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

phone interview then in person interview with 3 people. We sat in a room and discussed investments and talked about why i was interested in the job in the first place. We then discussed salary, they were very firm on the number they were wiling to offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to show responsibility even though you didn't want to   1 Answer

Research Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Century Investments (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There as Excel test first: I was given three projects to complete within four days.
    Then talked with everyone in the team, including macro economics, fixed income knowledge, quantitative knowledge and resume questions. I interviewed with the whole team, which is 6 people.
    Then paper tests: fixed income and macro economics knowledge.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Century Investments.

Interview

I submitted my application through their web site and received a call from an HR representative. She conducted a short phone interview and set up a second in person interview. The in person interview included a computer skills test and a typing test. The interview itself was conducted by two managers. The questions were basic and it was very conversational. Before leaving I got to sit in with an account representative.

Digital Channels Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Four round interview process with Manager and Vice President of Digital, and then seven related business partners that I would be working with. I came from within the company so much of what we discussed was what I had previously worked on and what I see now that could better the customer experience online.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter from staffing agency reached out on LinkedIn. I spoke with her and the Hiring Manager over the phone. There were two distinct rounds of interviews: 1) on-site with most of the team I'd be working with + another phone interview a few days later 2) meeting with boss's boss and newly hired team development lead. Found out shortly after the second round that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Discussed expectations with recruiter (from staffing firm) and later with hiring manager.