American Century Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Century Investments Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Director of Client Marketing Interview

Interview

Top notch professionals all the way. Everyone is excited about the work they do and the people they work with in the office. I had four interviews and met several other people along the way. All were happy, calm, gracious, and professional.

Investment Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

phone interview then in person interview with 3 people. We sat in a room and discussed investments and talked about why i was interested in the job in the first place. We then discussed salary, they were very firm on the number they were wiling to offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to show responsibility even though you didn't want to   1 Answer

Research Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Century Investments (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There as Excel test first: I was given three projects to complete within four days.
    Then talked with everyone in the team, including macro economics, fixed income knowledge, quantitative knowledge and resume questions. I interviewed with the whole team, which is 6 people.
    Then paper tests: fixed income and macro economics knowledge.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Century Investments.

Interview

I submitted my application through their web site and received a call from an HR representative. She conducted a short phone interview and set up a second in person interview. The in person interview included a computer skills test and a typing test. The interview itself was conducted by two managers. The questions were basic and it was very conversational. Before leaving I got to sit in with an account representative.

Digital Channels Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Four round interview process with Manager and Vice President of Digital, and then seven related business partners that I would be working with. I came from within the company so much of what we discussed was what I had previously worked on and what I see now that could better the customer experience online.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter from staffing agency reached out on LinkedIn. I spoke with her and the Hiring Manager over the phone. There were two distinct rounds of interviews: 1) on-site with most of the team I'd be working with + another phone interview a few days later 2) meeting with boss's boss and newly hired team development lead. Found out shortly after the second round that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Discussed expectations with recruiter (from staffing firm) and later with hiring manager.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview for a management position. Resume had been sent in but no jobs were available at the time. It took about five weeks from time resume sent in to time call was received. HR wanted to get a sense of skills and experience to keep on file in the event a position did open up. Person calling was very personable and attentive.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy doing most in your current job? What one thing (job task) would you prefer to not have to do?   Answer Question

Investment Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

You're first contacted for a phone interview. If you pass that, you are brought in for an in person interview that includes a computer proficiency(basic Microsoft Word) and typing speed test, followed by shadowing someone who currently does the job you're interviewing for, concluding with a 2-1 interview with managers. It takes four hours to do all this, with a second in person interview possible but taking less time(about an hour.) Both phone and in person interview questions are behavioral based. Things like "How do you deal with difficult clients?" "Tell me about a time when...?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed and what did you learn from it   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is much quicker here than at most companies. I applied through my university's career service's page, and I got a call back a little over a week later. They talk to you on the phone to get a better feel for you as a person, and if there's a mutual interest, they'll schedule an interview with you (mine was a week after the phone call). Interview is a 3 step process; PC and writing efficiency, shadowing a current employee at your position, and the typical interview with your potential supervisors. They said they would make a decision a week later, but I got an offer two days after the interview. Everyone was very friendly during the process. I'm excited to start working for American Century.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working a job that requires lots of repetition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process started off with a phone call from HR, which ended up being a short and casual conversation. This led to an in-person meeting at the company headquarters with several managers within my prospective business department. After the meeting there was a brief sit-in with someone who actually does the role I was applying for. HR was quick to get back with me regarding their hiring decision. Overall it was a pleasant and smooth hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Provide us an example of a time when you had to think very differently than you traditionally would in order to overcome an obstacle. How did this turn out and how were you able to alter your thinking?   Answer Question