American Century Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Century Investments

2.8

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

They are very unorganized in their interview process. It was very unprofessional as well. There wasn't clear communication from HR. I was along strung along for 3 months. The recruiter was also very hard to get in touch with.

The process started with a phone interview then I had to meet with multiple people in person from the hiring manager, recruiter, head of the group, and team members. I had to meet with a few people multiple time. It was also obvious there was no clear lines of communication with HR and team members.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is much quicker here than at most companies. I applied through my university's career service's page, and I got a call back a little over a week later. They talk to you on the phone to get a better feel for you as a person, and if there's a mutual interest, they'll schedule an interview with you (mine was a week after the phone call). Interview is a 3 step process; PC and writing efficiency, shadowing a current employee at your position, and the typical interview with your potential supervisors. They said they would make a decision a week later, but I got an offer two days after the interview. Everyone was very friendly during the process. I'm excited to start working for American Century.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working a job that requires lots of repetition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process started off with a phone call from HR, which ended up being a short and casual conversation. This led to an in-person meeting at the company headquarters with several managers within my prospective business department. After the meeting there was a brief sit-in with someone who actually does the role I was applying for. HR was quick to get back with me regarding their hiring decision. Overall it was a pleasant and smooth hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Provide us an example of a time when you had to think very differently than you traditionally would in order to overcome an obstacle. How did this turn out and how were you able to alter your thinking?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews. The first one was with the HR, the second with my manager. The third one was with two other people from the team.
    The first round was about them getting to know me. The second and third rounds were technical

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome coding challenges in an office setting as opposed to a classroom setting?   1 Answer

MBA Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Century Investments (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview for NYC office. Interviewer was friendly despite having obviously had to speak with multiple people over the course of the day. Really quite impressed by description of the organization and natural flow of the conversation. Would recommend.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Century Investments.

Interview

I submitted my application through their web site and received a call from an HR representative. She conducted a short phone interview and set up a second in person interview. The in person interview included a computer skills test and a typing test. The interview itself was conducted by two managers. The questions were basic and it was very conversational. Before leaving I got to sit in with an account representative.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Century Investments.

Interview

Process was quick, interviewed with a manager and team lead together, asked standard questions. Very quick to respond and offer the position if applicable. Overall the whole process was pretty standard to other company's interview processes

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

3ish hours long, all technical finance/math. They HR folks were very, very nice. I was interviewed by 3 people for about 45 minutes each (went over a little for some). Run through your resume, then they ask what your interests are and ask questions in finance/math based on your resp.

Interview Questions

• Imagine XYZ company, where on the business cycle would its P/E ratio be the lowest, holding all else constant?   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

The process was very professional. A human resources representative made all the arrangements and handled initial introductions. They flew me in and arranged for my transportation from the airport. I had a full itinerary ahead of the trip so I knew the names and titles of everyone that I was going to meet. I met with 7 people total for about 45 minutes for each interview. One was with the hiring manager, one with the human resources representative, 2 with other members of the investment team, one with a member of another investment team, and one with the head of the department. The hiring manager also took me out to lunch. Each of the investment teams seem to have their own culture and way of doing things. They are very autonomous and teams within a similar product group may have a slightly different process and use different tools. However, all the teams seem very collaborative and collegial. It is a first class organization that truly values its people.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Century Investments (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very long response time but once I got contacted initially things started to move quickly; interviewed with many team members; some I had no interactions with after I was hired at all, so not sure what the point. But everybody was very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good candidate for this job   1 Answer